Re: Boston Celtics

Postby JT99 » 19 Apr 2017, 09:06

Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Theny wrote:How dare you question President Stevens.

Listen, if I need a coach to give the fellas a good ol pep talk before we go play State in the big ol city in fronta hundreds of good folks a watchin, then he's my guy. Heck, he might even take the fellas out for fribbles afterwards.

But this is the NBA, where the regular season is meaningless, and unless you have star players, and I mean actual stars and not frauds like Al Horford Isaiah Thomas, then you do not win in the playoffs.

:wink: :wink:

Al Horford is the max contract player. IT is a second round pick that worked his ass off to be the best player on a fraudulent number one seeded playoff team. Bit of a difference when dishing out the blame pie.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

FIFY

Explain to me how they are a fraudulent number one seed? Did they, or did they not have the best record in the Eastern Conference this year?

And please try not to menopausally curse at me.

i was just having fun!

BUT

any number one seed that loses two in a row at home to a relatively weak 8 seed at home deserves to be called out. if you think fraudulent is the wrong word, okay.

I am surprised that Kite would blanch at the word "fraudulent" because....

Gregs Kite wrote:Well, this is the best case scenario for my Celtics. We get a joke of a Bulls team, then potentially Washington and then Toronto in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Let's not get silly here. Boston is not the best team in the Eastern Conference. The league will do what it can to make Cleveland/Golden State III happen, I understand that. But this is a good building block and will likely generate enough buzz throughout the league, especially with another high draft pick, that will attract the upper echelon of free agents like Gordon Hayward for next year and beyond. It's all very exciting!

Textbook definition, right there.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Apr 2017, 09:10

JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Listen, if I need a coach to give the fellas a good ol pep talk before we go play State in the big ol city in fronta hundreds of good folks a watchin, then he's my guy. Heck, he might even take the fellas out for fribbles afterwards.

But this is the NBA, where the regular season is meaningless, and unless you have star players, and I mean actual stars and not frauds like Al Horford Isaiah Thomas, then you do not win in the playoffs.

Al Horford is the max contract player. IT is a second round pick that worked his ass off to be the best player on a fraudulent number one seeded playoff team. Bit of a difference when dishing out the blame pie.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

FIFY

Explain to me how they are a fraudulent number one seed? Did they, or did they not have the best record in the Eastern Conference this year?

i was just having fun!

BUT

any number one seed that loses two in a row at home to a relatively weak 8 seed at home deserves to be called out. if you think fraudulent is the wrong word, okay.

Gregs Kite wrote:Well, this is the best case scenario for my Celtics. We get a joke of a Bulls team, then potentially Washington and then Toronto in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Let's not get silly here. Boston is not the best team in the Eastern Conference. The league will do what it can to make Cleveland/Golden State III happen, I understand that. But this is a good building block and will likely generate enough buzz throughout the league, especially with another high draft pick, that will attract the upper echelon of free agents like Gordon Hayward for next year and beyond. It's all very exciting!

I was unaware that the best record automatically equates to the best team rather than simply the team that is designated the number one seed. The more you know!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 19 Apr 2017, 09:12

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

FIFY

i was just having fun!

BUT

I was unaware that the best record automatically equates to the best team rather than simply the team that is designated the number one seed. The more you know!

You know why they keep track of wins and losses, right?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Apr 2017, 09:13

it's amusing that you become noah webster in this situation, while if a team like cleveland had the #1 seed and lost the first 2 games at home to a crappy squad like the bulls your mocking boner would be tremendous.

amusing.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Apr 2017, 09:14

Kite wants to have his cake and eat it too, let's not keep him from the simple pleasures in life
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Apr 2017, 09:23

Rodney Farva wrote:it's amusing that you become noah webster in this situation, while if a team like cleveland had the #1 seed and lost the first 2 games at home to a crappy squad like the bulls your mocking boner would be tremendous.

amusing.

Hang on. I know you're all knuckle deep in yourselfs, covering your nipples in clam chowdah at the schadenfreude like this 2-0 deficit is some massive shock to everyone, when I have maintained since the beginning they are not the best team in the conference, they are the number one seed because SOMEONE had to be since the Cavs gave up, they are a solid squad with solid players but none of that matters because in the NBA the players outside of Boston don't care about the regular season. None of this is surprising.

The only thing that surprises me is how unprepared they are for these playoffs. This is the second go around for the majority of these players, you would think they took some knowledge from last year's experience. That falls on Stevens.

A team like Cleveland would not lose the first two games at home because they have, and I know this will shock you, actual superstars on their team. And teams with actual superstars on their team tend to win playoff basketball games more often than not.

If Balls takes more than three minutes to respond to this with a funny jiffy then we have all lost.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Apr 2017, 09:30

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:it's amusing that you become noah webster in this situation, while if a team like cleveland had the #1 seed and lost the first 2 games at home to a crappy squad like the bulls your mocking boner would be tremendous.

amusing.

Hang on. I know you're all knuckle deep in yourselfs, covering your nipples in clam chowdah at the schadenfreude like this 2-0 deficit is some massive shock to everyone, when I have maintained since the beginning they are not the best team in the conference, they are the number one seed because SOMEONE had to be since the Cavs gave up, they are a solid squad with solid players but none of that matters because in the NBA the players outside of Boston don't care about the regular season. None of this is surprising.

The only thing that surprises me is how unprepared they are for these playoffs. This is the second go around for the majority of these players, you would think they took some knowledge from last year's experience. That falls on Stevens.

A team like Cleveland would not lose the first two games at home because they have, and I know this will shock you, actual superstars on their team. And teams with actual superstars on their team tend to win playoff basketball games more often than not.

If Balls takes more than three minutes to respond to this with a funny jiffy then we have all lost.

Take that lost bro

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Apr 2017, 09:56

Seven minutes. For shame.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Apr 2017, 12:06

Why do my Celtics stink????

Random nitpick:
Then, after a steal, Marcus Smart, a lifetime 28.5 percent 3-point shooter (per DX Blue),

Do Simmons have some sort of stake in DX Blue? You could fuckin get his 3 point % on any website. No need to credit a particular one.

Im a big shot wrote:5. There Is a Noticeable Lack of Leadership
I was sitting close to the Celtics bench on Tuesday.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Apr 2017, 12:11

From the article Balls' posted and read thoroughly for some reason:

Al Horford, who the Celtics signed to a $113 million contract, said after the game he “takes what the defense gives” him when asked about his passive play. This isn’t the same Horford who flew around the floor as an assertive leader of the Hawks in their previous nine playoff seasons.

#maxplayer :thumbsup:

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 19 Apr 2017, 12:14

Gregs Kite wrote:From the article Balls' posted and read thoroughly for some reason:

Al Horford, who the Celtics signed to a $113 million contract, said after the game he “takes what the defense gives” him when asked about his passive play. This isn’t the same Horford who flew around the floor as an assertive leader of the Hawks in their previous nine playoff seasons.

I agree with you kite that signing Horford, especially to that contract was a mistake, but there was really nothing else for them to do.

However, if they had traded for Paul George or Jimmy Butler at the trade deadline, they would not be down 2-0 and have a realistic chance to get out of the East. Bad move Ainge. Hopefully Hayward signs with you.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Apr 2017, 12:19

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:From the article Balls' posted and read thoroughly for some reason:

I agree with you kite that signing Horford, especially to that contract was a mistake, but there was really nothing else for them to do.

However, if they had traded for Paul George or Jimmy Butler at the trade deadline, they would not be down 2-0 and have a realistic chance to get out of the East. Bad move Ainge. Hopefully Hayward signs with you.

They signed Horford to entice Durant. That's how this Superfriends nonsense works.

Hang on, you mean if Ainge traded for superstar players the Celtics would be a better team in the NBA playoffs?
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 19 Apr 2017, 12:26

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

They signed Horford to entice Durant. That's how this Superfriends nonsense works.

Hang on, you mean if Ainge traded for superstar players the Celtics would be a better team in the NBA playoffs?
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Maybe you should have sent that post to Danny with that gif before the trade deadline, because he did not appear to understand that.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 19 Apr 2017, 13:05

I have reliable intel that PG and Butler weren't actually available. That intel is Simmons, so you know it's true.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Apr 2017, 14:28

that's a good jenna marbles gif. i miss that version of her
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to NBA