Boston Celtics

Re: Boston Celtics

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Feb 2017, 11:11

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Like I was saying, they should have gone out and gotten George or Butler or both. Preferably PG if only 1 of them. WTF are they doing? They are 1 player away, a veteran star-like player, from taking out Cleveland. Al Horford is no spring chicken. These picks if they keep them help them in 5 years, not 1 or 2. Danny is being a puss. Pisses me off as a long-time Celtics fan.

Gotta agree with balls here. IT is having a career year and is 28. Horford is 30. Crowder and Bradley are 26. You don't need the Nets pick. Toss that, Brown, Rozier/Zeller/whatever at Indy.

I wouldn't have traded Smart though. That's the line.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Feb 2017, 11:14

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Like I was saying, they should have gone out and gotten George or Butler or both. Preferably PG if only 1 of them. WTF are they doing? They are 1 player away, a veteran star-like player, from taking out Cleveland. Al Horford is no spring chicken. These picks if they keep them help them in 5 years, not 1 or 2. Danny is being a puss. Pisses me off as a long-time Celtics fan.

That's true, they should have, as reported, given up the '17 Brooklyn pick, then three out of the four of Crowder, Smart, Bradley and Brown. That surely would give us the leg up on Cleveland this year, and it'll be a great send off when George signs with LA. Win-win, really.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Feb 2017, 11:28

Gregs Kite wrote:

That's true, they should have, as reported, given up the '17 Brooklyn pick, then three out of the four of Crowder, Smart, Bradley and Brown. That surely would give us the leg up on Cleveland this year, and it'll be a great send off when George signs with LA. Win-win, really.

Yeah, that's a good rebuttal.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Feb 2017, 12:38

So even as good as IT is, do you use that Nets pick and draft a PG with one of those slots, sign Hayward, not pay IT the max, and hope that's enough going forward?

It still wouldn't shock me if they traded for Butler closer to the draft. I agree that George is basically locked into the Lakers at this point (if they keep their pick, I wouldn't be shocked if they traded it to Indiana)
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Feb 2017, 12:49

Briandong79 wrote:So even as good as IT is, do you use that Nets pick and draft a PG with one of those slots, sign Hayward, not pay IT the max, and hope that's enough going forward?

It still wouldn't shock me if they traded for Butler closer to the draft. I agree that George is basically locked into the Lakers at this point (if they keep their pick, I wouldn't be shocked if they traded it to Indiana)

Everyone needs to see where the ping pong ball bounces first. I think Chicago would be more intrigued once they know the actual slot. But then if it takes more than the pick, Brown and.....Crowder I guess, I still wouldn't do it. If they did I guess that might get me on par with Cleveland, another year on Bron, and depending on what happens with Durant and Curry , who knows?

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Feb 2017, 12:53

How's the slot?

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Mar 2017, 11:15

@NESN 1m1 minute ago

Surprise, surprise: The Celtics reportedly are expected to "go hard" after Gordon Hayward in free agency. http://nesn.com/?p=697598

Also:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 11:22

Gregs Kite wrote:
@NESN 1m1 minute ago

Surprise, surprise: The Celtics reportedly are expected to "go hard" after Gordon Hayward in free agency. http://nesn.com/?p=697598

Also:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Yeah I saw that The Ringer did a column about how ossum Hayward is this week. Wonder why. Please like me, Bill! Please let me write for your failing blog!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Mar 2017, 15:08

Can't wait for his broken vertebrae when he resigns with the Jazz
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Mar 2017, 15:59

Jew Jitsu wrote:Can't wait for his broken vertebrae when he resigns with the Jazz

#karma

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Mar 2017, 08:06

Oh man, rook, you got SONNED!

PS: Your team lost so....

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2017, 16:00

BTW your cute little 2 seed lost to the Sixers yesterday. I see big things for them in the playoffs. like usual. 1 and Done Stevenson is what they call him.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 17:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:BTW your cute little 2 seed lost to the Sixers yesterday. I see big things for them in the playoffs. like usual. 1 and Done Stevenson is what they call him.

Yeah, you mean without IT playing? Yeah, huge, troubling lost.

Sixers also beat the Wizards twice this year. They'll be a tough out as the 12th seed.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Mar 2017, 06:49

After a season crushing lost to the 76ers, the Celtics played the Washington Wizards last evening, got IT back, and wouldn't you know it, they scored more points than Washington and won, firming up their grasp on the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Hopefully we don't have to face the 76ers until the conference finals or something!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Mar 2017, 07:11

Gregs Kite wrote:After a season crushing lost to the 76ers, the Celtics played the Washington Wizards last evening, got IT back, and wouldn't you know it, they scored more points than Washington and won, firming up their grasp on the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference.

Hopefully we don't have to face the 76ers until the conference finals or something!

If the play offs started today what seed would the 76ers hold down?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NBA