THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

Re: THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jan 2018, 11:35

I am actually enjoying D-Wade playing for me. When will that end Theny?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Theny » 03 Jan 2018, 12:01

mj3528 wrote:I am actually enjoying D-Wade playing for me. When will that end Theny?

It might not!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:42

DtheF, should I trade for DeAndre Jordan, and if so, what should I be willing to give up to acquire him?
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 18:51

mj3528 wrote:DtheF, should I trade for DeAndre Jordan, and if so, what should I be willing to give up to acquire him?

He's a big upgrade over Tristan Thompson, so I would def consider it. Probably wouldn't trade the Nets pick, but other than that?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 19:02

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:DtheF, should I trade for DeAndre Jordan, and if so, what should I be willing to give up to acquire him?

He's a big upgrade over Tristan Thompson, so I would def consider it. Probably wouldn't trade the Nets pick, but other than that?

That is the snag presently as the Clips may be insisting on it, and I don't want to give it up.

The real danger is Jordan is only signed through this year, with a player option for next. If LeBron then leaves, Jordan doesn't re-sign, the #1 pick is gone, might as well move the team to Seattle.

My thought is give the Clips, Tristan and the #1 pick, and go all in this year. It improves my chances of getting by Golden State, and if I win the 'chip I don't think LeBron can leave. He would have to defend the 'chip. If he is on board with the move, get it done.
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 19:04

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

That is the snag presently as the Clips may be insisting on it, and I don't want to give it up.

The real danger is Jordan is only signed through this year, with a player option for next. If LeBron then leaves, Jordan doesn't re-sign, the #1 pick is gone, might as well move the team to Seattle.

My thought is give the Clips, Tristan and the #1 pick, and go all in this year. It improves my chances of getting by Golden State, and if I win the 'chip I don't think LeBron can leave. He would have to defend the 'chip. If he is on board with the move, get it done.

Clarification: you mean trade the Nets pick and Tristan for DeAndre?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 19:06

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Yes, that is my thought. I think I have to include Tristan to make the salaries match or something.
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 19:09

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Yes, that is my thought. I think I have to include Tristan to make the salaries match or something.

I mean if you're going to make an all-in move, it's not a bad one. I don't think DeMarcus Cousins is walking through that trade machine.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 08 Jan 2018, 19:15

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I mean if you're going to make an all-in move, it's not a bad one. I don't think DeMarcus Cousins is walking through that trade machine.

Yeah they have no hope of keeping Lebron without winning it all this year, you have to go all in.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 19:16

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Yeah they have no hope of keeping Lebron without winning it all this year, you have to go all in.

running the trade machine, I would have to throw in Channing Frye too. I like him, but I see no alternative, but to include him as well.

Theny gets it. #metoo
mj3528
#QM

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Jan 2018, 20:25

You guys are lucky I don't have a ban hammer because there's a couple three dudes that don't deserve to use Firstborns bandwidth after what I"ve read. Brooklyn 1st for DeAndre? :lol: talk about an overpay. I'd give up my own first rounder, Thompson and Frye. They don't want it, they won't get anything else. Much closer to Jordan's trade value than a top ten pick in a stacked draft.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 20:32

Jew Jitsu wrote:You guys are lucky I don't have a ban hammer because there's a couple three dudes that don't deserve to use Firstborns bandwidth after what I"ve read. Brooklyn 1st for DeAndre? :lol: talk about an overpay. I'd give up my own first rounder, Thompson and Frye. They don't want it, they won't get anything else. Much closer to Jordan's trade value than a top ten pick in a stacked draft.

For the record, I didn't say it was a good trade. Just that Jordan is probably the best player available IF they decide they have to trade the BK pick to get better now.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 12 Jan 2018, 08:42

#s and Jew Jitz - You guys need to drop your agendas.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 12 Jan 2018, 09:29

chrisco wrote:#s and Jew Jitz - You guys need to drop your agendas.

Strange how bad their defense has been since IT came back.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 12 Jan 2018, 10:09

Theny wrote:
chrisco wrote:#s and Jew Jitz - You guys need to drop your agendas.

Strange how bad their defense has been since IT came back.

I like LeBron, do not know what Lue means. I have seen some bad sports teams, but giving up close to 400 points in 3 basketball games and losing back to back games trailing by more 40 points in both, I am not sure how that is possible with the players on this Cavs team.
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to NBA