THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

Re: THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

Postby TheWolf » 02 Nov 2017, 21:25

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Theny wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Oh, we're doing this again.

LeBron will try for like 55 games, they'll end up 52-30, with the #2 seed, and run roughshod over the East. Again. And then lose to the Warriors in the Finals. Again. And LeBron will leave Cleveland for a much larger market franchise. Again.

He left Cleveland last time for the 15th biggest market. Cleveland was 16th biggest.

Knock it off. He left for South Beach to play with his butt buddies. My nog JD misspoke.

I know. Had to teach trivia boy a lesson though.

Yes. Jike is otherwise 100% right, but he deserves to be nitpicked on every little thing based on his posts. As do I, of course.

TAEK: I don't think LeBron is going to the Lakers.

Do you think he's staying or going elsewhere? Show your work.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 02 Nov 2017, 21:27

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

LeBron will try for like 55 games, they'll end up 52-30, with the #2 seed, and run roughshod over the East. Again. And then lose to the Warriors in the Finals. Again. And LeBron will leave Cleveland for a much larger market franchise. Again.

He left Cleveland last time for the 15th biggest market. Cleveland was 16th biggest.

Knock it off. He left for South Beach to play with his butt buddies. My nog JD misspoke.

Yes. Jike is otherwise 100% right, but he deserves to be nitpicked on every little thing based on his posts. As do I, of course.

Oh he's leaving, barring some miraculous acquisition by Cleveland. Just don't think that as a 33 y.o., he's going to go to a team that isn't established yet. He needs to win now, and the Lakers don't give him the best chance of doing that, even with another max player in tow.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 02 Nov 2017, 21:32

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

Oh he's leaving, barring some miraculous acquisition by Cleveland. Just don't think that as a 33 y.o., he's going to go to a team that isn't established yet. He needs to win now, and the Lakers don't give him the best chance of doing that, even with another max player in tow.

That seems perfectly logical. Everyone is all hung up on him wanting a big market, as if he could somehow be an even bigger star than he already is and he needs another billion dollars that might somehow come from L.A. But I'm pretty sure all he really gives a fuck about is winning 7 titles. He should go wherever he has the best chance to win immmediately. Now that you've said it, your take doesn't seem all that hot. Why isn't everyone saying this?

I look forward to seeing him in a Warriors jersey.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Nov 2017, 22:11

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

That seems perfectly logical. Everyone is all hung up on him wanting a big market, as if he could somehow be an even bigger star than he already is and he needs another billion dollars that might somehow come from L.A. But I'm pretty sure all he really gives a fuck about is winning 7 titles. He should go wherever he has the best chance to win immmediately. Now that you've said it, your take doesn't seem all that hot. Why isn't everyone saying this?

Don't know how, but my bet is Houston.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 02 Nov 2017, 22:29

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

The Warriors are so good that only a handful of teams could beat them even after adding LeBron for fucking nothing. And none of those teams have the cap.

It would be really fucking dirty if he took the minimum and signed with the Spurs. He'd never do it in a zillion years, but it might be the only way.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Nov 2017, 22:34

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

The Warriors are so good that only a handful of teams could beat them even after adding LeBron for fucking nothing. And none of those teams have the cap.

It would be really fucking dirty if he took the minimum and signed with the Spurs. He'd never do it in a zillion years, but it might be the only way.

True or False: the Banana Boat is real.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Nov 2017, 22:37

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

i don't see him letting pop run things or going for the whole egalitarian approach
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 03 Nov 2017, 06:16

Rodney Farva wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Theny wrote:

i don't see him letting pop run things or going for the whole egalitarian approach

^100
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2017, 06:52

He's going to the Lakers. Why is this so complicated? Its LA, it has a young, dumb coach he can overrule, and they seem to have zero issue gathering talent.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2017, 07:51

Gregs Kite wrote:He's going to the Lakers. Why is this so complicated? Its LA, it has a young, dumb coach he can overrule, and they seem to have zero issue gathering talent.

Lebron doesn't have time to gather talent. Had the Lakers struck oil with Ingram or Randle, maybe. As it is, lebron and another guy aren't going to compete with the Warriors with the current team as support.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2017, 07:59

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:He's going to the Lakers. Why is this so complicated? Its LA, it has a young, dumb coach he can overrule, and they seem to have zero issue gathering talent.

Lebron doesn't have time to gather talent. Had the Lakers struck oil with Ingram or Randle, maybe. As it is, lebron and another guy aren't going to compete with the Warriors with the current team as support.

I have no doubt he's already calculated who the Lakers need to move, who's available, etc. Whether it's packaging Ball for someone, convincing his buddies to come with him, whatever.

I cannot see him anywhere else.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2017, 08:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I have no doubt he's already calculated who the Lakers need to move, who's available, etc. Whether it's packaging Ball for someone, convincing his buddies to come with him, whatever.

He doesn't need a big market, and that's the only reason for him to go to L.A. I guess after nailing your Melo to the Lakers and Westbrook to the Lakers picks, I should back off.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2017, 08:07

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

He doesn't need a big market, and that's the only reason for him to go to L.A. I guess after nailing your Melo to the Lakers and Westbrook to the Lakers picks, I should back off.

I don't believe I ever said Melo to the Lakers. And yeah, I was the lone voice in the wilderness who got Westbrook to the Lakers wrong. PWNED.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2017, 09:19

He should man up and play for us in Boston. If he has the balls, that is. I highly doubt he does, tho.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 03 Nov 2017, 09:20

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:He should man up and play for us in Boston. If he has the balls, that is. I highly doubt he does, tho.

If he decides to leave that would be great.

"Hey Kyrie, I am baaaack!"
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to NBA