THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

THE TALENTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN: Cavs Thread

Postby Jew Jitsu » 21 Jul 2008, 14:32

god dammit, if a brand new franchise can get a thread, so can the James Gang.

So Hickson made the SI All-Star Las Vegas Summer League team...i dunno, he looked impressive for sure, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up cause IT IS the Summer League. Needs to improve his conditioning though.
Last edited by Jew Jitsu on 11 Jul 2014, 12:12, edited 3 times in total.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Re: The Cleveland Cavs Thread

Postby someguysomewhere » 21 Jul 2008, 18:09

Jew Jitsu wrote:god dammit, if a brand new franchise can get a thread, so can the James Gang.

So Hickson made the SI All-Star Las Vegas Summer League team...i dunno, he looked impressive for sure, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up cause IT IS the Summer League. Needs to improve his conditioning though.

Paging Mr. Flush. Mr. Courtesy Flush to the Cleveland Cavs thread, please.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Brick Tamland » 21 Jul 2008, 22:32

"The Shot" is at the 6:26 mark, case you're interested. :twisted:
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Jul 2008, 09:01

someguysomewhere wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:god dammit, if a brand new franchise can get a thread, so can the James Gang.

Paging Mr. Flush. Mr. Courtesy Flush to the Cleveland Cavs thread, please.

Someone rang? As for Hickson, hopefully his pro career will get off to a better start than the last two Wolfpack big men (Ced Simmons, Josh Powell) to make the early jump to the NBA. He's got pretty good moves around the rim and can pop out to 15' with consistency. As Jew suggests, he just needs to hit the weights and lose some of his baby fat. He can be a pretty good pro if he buckles down and works at improving.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 23 Jul 2008, 14:52

yikes, just went on hoopshype to check the salaries and the Cavs are on the hook for $84+ million this season and that's without having Delonte West resigned...without LeBron this team would barely win 12 games a season. I know Gilbert said he has no problem spending money but should LeBron (god forbid) leave Cleveland in 2010 the franchise value would go down at least half the worth...what are the odds he'll move the team after that? He's not a Cleveland native so there's not much that keeps him here. I wonder what the lease agreement says...
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Jew Jitsu » 24 Jul 2008, 21:39

Delonte West gets a 2 year $10 million offer from Dynamo Moscow....after taxes.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby nova » 24 Jul 2008, 21:55

This Thread wrote:Image
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Jew Jitsu » 24 Jul 2008, 22:10

No, Gilbert is not on the Cavs, sorry, you're looking for this thread.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Jul 2008, 09:35

this thread has polio?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Jew Jitsu » 06 Aug 2008, 13:37

So the schedule is out and the Cavs open up the season in Boston where the Celts get their ring....Christmas Day they play in prime time (8 p.m.)against the Wizards at home on TNT
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2008, 08:18

Jew Jitsu wrote:So the schedule is out and the Cavs open up the season in Boston where the Celts get their ring....Christmas Day they play in prime time (8 p.m.)against the Wizards at home on TNT

i wonder why lebron said he'd be interested in playing in europe. that would kill his endorsement deals, at least the ones here in the states.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Aug 2008, 08:21

SouthernYokel wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:So the schedule is out and the Cavs open up the season in Boston where the Celts get their ring....Christmas Day they play in prime time (8 p.m.)against the Wizards at home on TNT

i wonder why lebron said he'd be interested in playing in europe. that would kill his endorsement deals, at least the ones here in the states.

he is just being an a-hole
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Durden » 07 Aug 2008, 08:35

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

i'm sure he'd make up for it with global endorsement deals, though really, i just don't think it hurts him to keep his options open. i'd be surprised if he made that move in his prime, but it could give him more leverage if he's trying for some kind of a-rod deal in 2010.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 07 Aug 2008, 08:40

Durden wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

i'm sure he'd make up for it with global endorsement deals, though really, i just don't think it hurts him to keep his options open. i'd be surprised if he made that move in his prime, but it could give him more leverage if he's trying for some kind of a-rod deal in 2010.

an a-rod type deal is impossible due to the salary cap, no?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Aug 2008, 08:47

Untouchable wrote:
Durden wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

an a-rod type deal is impossible due to the salary cap, no?

Exactly...he can be paid a max of $20 million in the NBA. I could see a foreign team giving him double that per year. If he only took a 1 or 2 year deal, he'd still be able to come back to the NBA with more international fans. He's like what, 24 now? And he has always talked about how he wants to be a "Global Icon", so it's possible. Stern has talked openly about having an NBA team in Europe in the next decade or so, so he might not be as opposed to this as one would think.

I think he'd be making a mistake to do it, but I could see why he'd consider it. For that matter, given the fact he has some international ties, it actually makes a bit of sense for Kobe as well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Next

Return to NBA