You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Re: You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 19:55

chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:I'd love a Carmelo that's a team player being the main man off the bench but his dumbass still hasn't come to terms with not being good enough to occupy the role he wants to occupy.

Yeah even Wade, a far more accomplished player, has accepted that.

Nova, yes Lebron's a "freak". He is in no way doing any kind of performance enhancing substances. Not a chance.

That's why Wade is a three time champion and Carmelo is not.

DtF - Are you just going to let the board assume that Dwade >> Melo?

Is that even a hot take?

Dwade had the benefit of much better teammates. I think my man DtF could dig up some comps to make the case for his Melo.

Yeah he definitely could.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 20:05

First of all - wade was clearly a better player in his prime when healthy. When healthy. Even if he somehow survived till the playoffs, he's missing 30 games. Do you think any of those nuggets teams would have even made the playoffs if melo missed 30 games? The answer is no. The answer is also he stayed healthy the entire time and they never missed the playoffs. Even so, he wouldn't have won titles with Shaq or lebron? Come on.

ANYWAY, the issue is not that melo is refusing to accept a secondary role, it's that he's not playing well. At all. If he was causing chemistry problems and hogging the ball, but still putting in buckets, they'd be way better off than if he came off the bench and played like he has so far. Facts only.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 20:15

Dthefritz wrote:First of all - wade was clearly a better player in his prime when healthy. When healthy. Even if he somehow survived till the playoffs, he's missing 30 games. Do you think any of those nuggets teams would have even made the playoffs if melo missed 30 games? The answer is no. The answer is also he stayed healthy the entire time and they never missed the playoffs. Even so, he wouldn't have won titles with Shaq or lebron? Come on.

ANYWAY, the issue is not that melo is refusing to accept a secondary role, it's that he's not playing well. At all. If he was causing chemistry problems and hogging the ball, but still putting in buckets, they'd be way better off than if he came off the bench and played like he has so far. Facts only.

You act like Wade was a sixer or Anthony Davis. He only missed like 3 or 4 playoff games guy.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 20:23

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:First of all - wade was clearly a better player in his prime when healthy. When healthy. Even if he somehow survived till the playoffs, he's missing 30 games. Do you think any of those nuggets teams would have even made the playoffs if melo missed 30 games? The answer is no. The answer is also he stayed healthy the entire time and they never missed the playoffs. Even so, he wouldn't have won titles with Shaq or lebron? Come on.

You act like Wade was a sixer or Anthony Davis. He only missed like 3 or 4 playoff games guy.

One of them was game 7 of the ECF, on a possible chip team, so this is disingenuous. And his injuries were a major problem in 2012 playoffs. They missed the 2008 playoffs in large part due to his season ending injury. And he had the luxury of playing with great players so he could take like 20/30 games off.

Melo was practically never hurt until the last couple years with the knicks.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 20:25

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

One of them was game 7 of the ECF, on a possible chip team, so this is disingenuous. And his injuries were a major problem in 2012 playoffs. They missed the 2008 playoffs in large part due to his season ending injury. And he had the luxury of playing with great players so he could take like 20/30 games off.

I think he missed game 6 of that ECF vs the Pistons. And yes Melo has never been hurt because he never played defense.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 20:39

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:

I think he missed game 6 of that ECF vs the Pistons. And yes Melo has never been hurt because he never played defense.

I must have missed all that lockdown d that Wade played all those years.

Melo is a block of granite, who can go toe-to-toe with LeBron on the low block. Wade is an undersized 2 who looked like he was in danger of dying every time he drove into the paint. It's no mystery why one was more durable than the other. There's no shame in it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 20:46

(I can't believe I'm continuing this nonsense conversation) Wade is the best shot blocking 2 guard ever.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Dec 2017, 20:52

Theny wrote:(I can't believe I'm continuing this nonsense conversation) Wade is the best shot blocking 2 guard ever.

This is laughable. You really think his 0.9 career blocks per game made up for all the times people rained jumpers, floaters and layups all over him? Or just drove right past him because he expended all his energy on the other end? Wade was a terrible one on one defender, and only worked well in the LeBron-era teams, because they switched everything and he was fast enough to rotate.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 20 Dec 2017, 09:26

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:(I can't believe I'm continuing this nonsense conversation) Wade is the best shot blocking 2 guard ever.

This is laughable. You really think his 0.9 career blocks per game made up for all the times people rained jumpers, floaters and layups all over him? Or just drove right past him because he expended all his energy on the other end? Wade was a terrible one on one defender, and only worked well in the LeBron-era teams, because they switched everything and he was fast enough to rotate.

But 9 games out of 10 he'd have that chase down block from behind!
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby ctz31 » 20 Dec 2017, 09:47

I love d the fritz melo fan. it's adorable. this dude has bashed kobe for years btw.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 20 Dec 2017, 09:53

ctz31 wrote:I love d the fritz melo fan. it's adorable. this dude has bashed kobe for years btw.

As if the retired sexual predator has anything to do with this. Nice shoehorn.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 20 Dec 2017, 09:57

Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I love d the fritz melo fan. it's adorable. this dude has bashed kobe for years btw.

As if the retired sexual predator has anything to do with this. Nice shoehorn.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Dec 2017, 10:10

Thought it was 6 for 24?
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 20 Dec 2017, 10:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Thought it was 6 for 24?

I enjoyed that.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 20 Dec 2017, 11:39

TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Thought it was 6 for 24?

I enjoyed that.

That was kind of a crappy game for bean.

ctz31
#nnf

PreviousNext

Return to NBA