You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Re: You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Dec 2017, 09:52

Dthefritz wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:did you see who was on the floor for san antonio doe?

Fair point. Spurs are a machine doe.

I also thought they looked really good against Minnesota on Friday.

PG had something like 35 and 9 in that game, finally played like he's one of the best wings in the league.

Steven Adams is a cro-magnon who will club you and eat your bones. Love the backstory there too:

Adams's mother is Tongan, and his father, Sid, was an Englishman who settled in New Zealand after serving in the Royal Navy. Adams is the youngest of Sid's 18 children with five different women. His siblings and half-siblings are notable for their exceptional size and athletic prowess; his brothers average 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) and his sisters average 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in). His sister Valerie Adams is a double Olympic gold medalist and four-time world champion shot-putter, and brother Sid Adams, Jr. is a NZNBL player.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Dec 2017, 22:52

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

PG had something like 35 and 9 in that game, finally played like he's one of the best wings in the league.

Steven Adams is a cro-magnon who will club you and eat your bones. Love the backstory there too:

Adams's mother is Tongan, and his father, Sid, was an Englishman who settled in New Zealand after serving in the Royal Navy. Adams is the youngest of Sid's 18 children with five different women. His siblings and half-siblings are notable for their exceptional size and athletic prowess; his brothers average 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) and his sisters average 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in). His sister Valerie Adams is a double Olympic gold medalist and four-time world champion shot-putter, and brother Sid Adams, Jr. is a NZNBL player.

Yeah, Adams is a wagon. Or something.

I struggle to think of a purported NBA superstar who's ever been as prone to streakiness as George is. Dude just disappears sometimes. Ginobili-esque really.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 05 Dec 2017, 10:14

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I struggle to think of a purported NBA superstar who's ever been as prone to streakiness as George is. Dude just disappears sometimes. Ginobili-esque really.

I think you just thought of one.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Dec 2017, 18:52

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

While I see where you're coming from, the context is that Ginobili was considered by some to be not a true superstar bc of his inability to carry a team night in and night out. Yet George is called a franchise player/cornerstone etc, and I'm wondering if "we" /simmons need to revisit that. I think the team behind him when Indiana was making ECF's was a lot stronger than it was given credit for at the time or at least is remembered now.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mister bacon » 06 Dec 2017, 10:26

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

While I see where you're coming from, the context is that Ginobili was considered by some to be not a true superstar bc of his inability to carry a team night in and night out. Yet George is called a franchise player/cornerstone etc, and I'm wondering if "we" /simmons need to revisit that. I think the team behind him when Indiana was making ECF's was a lot stronger than it was given credit for at the time or at least is remembered now.

george hill was and remains massively underrated. i would not be mad if my 'cers somehow ended up with him again. he's the exact defender we need alongside with cory joseph. luckily it sounds like he's in the middle of pulling a patriot to end up back here!

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/12/ ... eorge-hill
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Dec 2017, 18:12

A belated sup?

You can blame chemistry all you want, but the fact is that on top of any such issues, none of the vaunted trio is playing anywhere near as well as they should. Maybe Melo is washed up, but the other two are flat underachieving.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby nova » 19 Dec 2017, 12:47

Dthefritz wrote:A belated sup?

You can blame chemistry all you want, but the fact is that on top of any such issues, none of the vaunted trio is playing anywhere near as well as they should. Maybe Melo is washed up, but the other two are flat underachieving.

I'm not surprised. I think Paul George as a second option to Westbrook is a good start to building a team to beat the Warriors in the playoffs. He can guard 2-4 and could allow Russ to work off the ball in certain situations. Carmelo is a fucking joke; it's no shock to anybody that the team is stuck in a rut when he's not getting his numbers. Lebron is a freak, and at this stage of his career, he's still able to do Lebron type things. Carmelo really needs to start considering an approach where he's a sixth man tasked solely with keeping a second unit afloat with offense.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Jew Jitsu » 19 Dec 2017, 16:48

I'd love a Carmelo that's a team player being the main man off the bench but his dumbass still hasn't come to terms with not being good enough to occupy the role he wants to occupy.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 16:52

Jew Jitsu wrote:I'd love a Carmelo that's a team player being the main man off the bench but his dumbass still hasn't come to terms with not being good enough to occupy the role he wants to occupy.

Yeah even Wade, a far more accomplished player, has accepted that.

Nova, yes Lebron's a "freak". He is in no way doing any kind of performance enhancing substances. Not a chance.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 16:57

Theny wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:I'd love a Carmelo that's a team player being the main man off the bench but his dumbass still hasn't come to terms with not being good enough to occupy the role he wants to occupy.

Nova, yes Lebron's a "freak". He is in no way doing any kind of performance enhancing substances. Not a chance.

he is a freak regardless of the substances.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 17:11

SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

he is a freak regardless of the substances.

Totally!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Jew Jitsu » 19 Dec 2017, 17:15

Theny wrote:

That's why Wade is a three time champion and Carmelo is not.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 19 Dec 2017, 18:52

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:

DtF - Are you just going to let the board assume that Dwade >> Melo?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 19 Dec 2017, 18:54

chrisco wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:

Is that even a hot take?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 19 Dec 2017, 19:10

Theny wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:

Is that even a hot take?

Dwade had the benefit of much better teammates. I think my man DtF could dig up some comps to make the case for his Melo.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to NBA