You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Re: You've been....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Postby the cheese » 18 Oct 2017, 08:42

Apparently we gave the number 35 to one of Yokel's guys, PJ Dozier, who is officially the Thunder's second 2-way player. KD and his agent were predictably butt-hurt about it.

I was pretty sure that KD was going to get his number retired by the organization at some point. Now, I think Enes Kanter gets his number retired by the Thunder before KD does.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Oct 2017, 08:57

the cheese wrote:Apparently we gave the number 35 to one of Yokel's guys, PJ Dozier, who is officially the Thunder's second 2-way player. KD and his agent were predictably butt-hurt about it.

I was pretty sure that KD was going to get his number retired by the organization at some point. Now, I think Enes Kanter gets his number retired by the Thunder before KD does.

That's pretty funny that they did that.

The Eagles gave Jason Avant 81 in 2006, after they ran TO out of town in 2005. Petty motherfucks.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 18 Oct 2017, 08:59

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
the cheese wrote:Apparently we gave the number 35 to one of Yokel's guys, PJ Dozier, who is officially the Thunder's second 2-way player. KD and his agent were predictably butt-hurt about it.

The Eagles gave Jason Avant 81 in 2006, after they ran TO out of town in 2005. Petty motherfucks.

You know how Kevin Durant could have kept his number in OKC? Not leave. He is a child.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 18 Oct 2017, 09:24

mj3528 wrote:

You know how Kevin Durant could have kept his number in OKC? Not leave. He is a child.

The current labor agreement allows KD to leave if he wants. He's also one of the top 2-3 players all time in the Seattle/OKC organization so the number should've been set aside for retirement.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 18 Oct 2017, 11:46

Maybe I missed it but what was KDs and his agents reaction to this?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby PhillyJim76 » 18 Oct 2017, 13:09

Jew Jitsu wrote:Maybe I missed it but what was KDs and his agents reaction to this?

Yeah cheese show your work bro.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby the cheese » 18 Oct 2017, 15:05

PhillyJim76 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Maybe I missed it but what was KDs and his agents reaction to this?

Yeah cheese show your work bro.

Obviously this is his.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Oct 2017, 19:37

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

The current labor agreement allows KD to leave if he wants. He's also one of the top 2-3 players all time in the Seattle/OKC organization so the number should've been set aside for retirement.

If KD has the right to go play wherever he wants, the team has a right to burn the bridges no matter how good he was, no? Of course it's petty of them to do this, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't somewhat amusing.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 18 Oct 2017, 19:54

Dthefritz wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

If KD has the right to go play wherever he wants, the team has a right to burn the bridges no matter how good he was, no? Of course it's petty of them to do this, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't somewhat amusing.

No less petty than his burner twitter account. I'm with okc on this one.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Oct 2017, 19:59

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

No less petty than his burner twitter account. I'm with okc on this one.

Oh it's good trolling for sure. I just acknowledge flush isn't 100% off base with his taek. Just 90%.

ETA: looked it up, and confirmed that the Magic haven't retired shaq's jersey. I think that's more egregious than the Thunder not retiring Durant's jersey, assuming they don't mend fences at some point.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Jew Jitsu » 18 Oct 2017, 20:09

Durants jersey is getting retired down the line. Can't do shit about it until he retires but it'll be ok. And I don't see Durant being petty against okc. Sure he hates being the bad guy for the way his switch happens but I don't think he gives two fucks what okc thinks
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 19 Oct 2017, 01:55

nba pettiness is so fantastic. damn I love this league.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 19 Oct 2017, 08:22

Jew Jitsu wrote:Durants jersey is getting retired down the line. Can't do shit about it until he retires but it'll be ok. And I don't see Durant being petty against okc. Sure he hates being the bad guy for the way his switch happens but I don't think he gives two fucks what okc thinks

Burner twitter accounts.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 19 Oct 2017, 08:23

the cheese wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Durants jersey is getting retired down the line. Can't do shit about it until he retires but it'll be ok. And I don't see Durant being petty against okc. Sure he hates being the bad guy for the way his switch happens but I don't think he gives two fucks what okc thinks

Burner twitter accounts.

Didn't that story come out that Durant was near tears and asking his agent why he ruined his life immediately after signing with Golden State and receiving criticism? Dude is a child.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 19 Oct 2017, 08:24

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Burner twitter accounts.

Didn't that story come out that Durant was near tears and asking his agent why he ruined his life immediately after signing with Golden State and receiving criticism? Dude is a child.

Yes.

Dude slept in his mom's bed when he was 25 because he was afraid of storms.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to NBA