Da Bulls

Re: Da Bulls

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Oct 2017, 17:42

Jew Jitsu wrote:Mirotic is not getting a draft pick in return

Not a good one, anyway.

jman wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Yeah I'm surprised they haven't traded him already.

No rush. May as well wait until some playoff team loses its starting 3 to injury and pick up a draft pick for your troubles.

I think you're giving the front office waaay too much credit that they have any idea how to use timing to maximize return on an asset. They'll fuck it up and wind up getting a bag of balls for him.

Yeah, I can't argue with this
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 28 Dec 2017, 19:07

Dthefritz wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Mirotic is not getting a draft pick in return

Not a good one, anyway.

jman wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:Yeah I'm surprised they haven't traded him already.

No rush. May as well wait until some playoff team loses its starting 3 to injury and pick up a draft pick for your troubles.

I think you're giving the front office waaay too much credit that they have any idea how to use timing to maximize return on an asset. They'll fuck it up and wind up getting a bag of balls for him.

Yeah, I can't argue with this

This conversation already seems so dated.

Not that Jman is in any way wrong about this front office, of course.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 07 Feb 2018, 06:47

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 07 Feb 2018, 22:01

But these big companies, they write off everything! /people

It's fun to look at how badly it turned out for Adidas, so TY for posting, but I chuckled at the article using Terry Rozier as a baseline comparison. I mean, really.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Feb 2018, 12:36

Dthefritz wrote:

It's fun to look at how badly it turned out for Adidas, so TY for posting, but I chuckled at the article using Terry Rozier as a baseline comparison. I mean, really.

np. if Rose stayed healthy do you think he would have been as good as Russell Westbrook? agree about the Rozier example they threw in there. tbh i never heard of that guy before.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Feb 2018, 20:16

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

np. if Rose stayed healthy do you think he would have been as good as Russell Westbrook? agree about the Rozier example they threw in there. tbh i never heard of that guy before.

While Rose was definitely better in the early going, I was always more of a Westbrook guy. Rose was taller and lankier, and a smoother finisher around the rim, but Westbrook was a wrecking ball who got to the line over and over again, and worse down defenses over the course of a game. This may seem like hindsight bias, but Rose was never at Westbrook's superhuman level of ability to play crazy minutes, run around like a madman and never get tired. My revelation on this was before Roses' injuries kicked in, back in the 2011 playoffs. OKC/Grizz played a hardfought series, and there was one game that went into triple overtime. Everybody was gasping for air by the end, while Westbrook was zipping up and down the court like he hadn't played a minute. It was incredible.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 Feb 2018, 07:03

ty dthe. Well it was a fun 3 year stretch
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 09 Feb 2018, 08:49

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

While Rose was definitely better in the early going, I was always more of a Westbrook guy. Rose was taller and lankier, and a smoother finisher around the rim, but Westbrook was a wrecking ball who got to the line over and over again, and worse down defenses over the course of a game. This may seem like hindsight bias, but Rose was never at Westbrook's superhuman level of ability to play crazy minutes, run around like a madman and never get tired. My revelation on this was before Roses' injuries kicked in, back in the 2011 playoffs. OKC/Grizz played a hardfought series, and there was one game that went into triple overtime. Everybody was gasping for air by the end, while Westbrook was zipping up and down the court like he hadn't played a minute. It was incredible.

I remember that game! Game 4 at the Grindhouse.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby jman » 09 Feb 2018, 09:11

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Also can't Westbrook make shots from more than 5 feet from the rim? That puts him light years ahead of Rose.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Previous

Return to NBA