Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Jun 2017, 07:10

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
@highkin

Pax on the negative press for the (Butler) trade: “If you’re thinking about it in terms of winning and losing, it’s the wrong way to look at it."

:thumbsup:

Secret Magical Mystery Man Like 5 Posts Ago wrote: Sometimes, a team just has to shank itself to rebuild, like Memphis with Pau Gasol

Weird.

Oh okay dude, way to go. You took the shady Memphis deal which gifted the Lakers a title and compared it to the nimrods in Chicago selling Butler for pennies on the dollar and are now bathing in the glory of your prognosticating skills.

I'm impressed.

You missed the point. I was saying that the thinking behind both of these trades was to rebuild by burning to the ground. You don't have to agree with the team's thinking, but to me it's a lot more plausible than saying it's all a giant conspiracy to screw over Boston

Jesus Horsefucking Christ. NO ONE outside of your woobie Bill is saying the Butler trade is a conspiracy to screw over Boston. God dammit, this crusade of yours has long crossed over to self-parody.

Catz, did Bill actually say that?

How the fuck should I know? Out of the two of us here, only one of us pays attention to what Bill says anymore. Hint: It isn't me.

I just naturally assumed you went D(TF)efault Mode and inserted Simmons thoughts as the de facto opinion of all Celtics fans.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: Da Bulls

Postby Dthefritz » 28 Jun 2017, 07:19

ANYWAY, there is nothing "shady" about it. Memphis actually paved the way for a successful rebuild with their much-maligned trade, so let's see if the Bulls can follow suit.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2017, 10:39

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Jun 2017, 10:41

Dthefritz wrote:ANYWAY, there is nothing "shady" about it. Memphis actually paved the way for a successful rebuild with their much-maligned trade, so let's see if the Bulls can follow suit.

I'm sure the Zach Lavine led Bulls will be a perennial conference finals participant in two to three years.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 28 Jun 2017, 17:11

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:ANYWAY, there is nothing "shady" about it. Memphis actually paved the way for a successful rebuild with their much-maligned trade, so let's see if the Bulls can follow suit.

I'm sure the Zach Lavine led Bulls will be a perennial conference finals participant in two to three years.

That is precisely what I, not to mention millions of people across the globe have been arguing. how do you manage to be so smart and so handsome all at once?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 29 Aug 2017, 13:11

inspired by courtesy, taking a little trip down memory lane, favorite non-jordan dunk ever:

Pat and Spike Lee were not pleased by this sonning.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Aug 2017, 13:17

Dr Jeckyll wrote:inspired by courtesy, taking a little trip down memory lane, favorite non-jordan dunk ever:

Pat and Spike Lee were not pleased by this sonning.

That's a top in game dunk ever. Pete Myers was lovin it!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 09:03

And now we've got a Wade sweepstakes, too. This should be a fun year.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 25 Sep 2017, 09:17

MisterTambourineMan wrote:And now we've got a Wade sweepstakes, too. This should be a fun year.

Apparently I'm trying to shoehorn myself into the Wade discussion...and I HATE the idea.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 09:19

the cheese wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:And now we've got a Wade sweepstakes, too. This should be a fun year.

Apparently I'm trying to shoehorn myself into the Wade discussion...and I HATE the idea.

He'd be a good second-team playmaker for you. Not sure he gets that yet, though.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 25 Sep 2017, 10:00

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
the cheese wrote:

He'd be a good second-team playmaker for you. Not sure he gets that yet, though.

He doesn't get that. I need Melo to take a reduced role as the third option, lead the second unit at times, care about defense a bit. He's proven he can do that, and he shot 40% on catch and shoot 3s last year. I don't need a broken down D-Wade trying to learn to do the same thing but shooting 20% on catch and shoot 3s and playing worse defense.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 25 Sep 2017, 10:56

Dwyane is a ho.

I think his best landing spots would be San Antonio as a starter, and in OKC or Houston off of the bench. He should not command the type of gravitas that he did five years ago, and should be seen as a role player who can score in bunches and keep a young second unit together.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 25 Sep 2017, 10:58

nova wrote:Dwyane is a ho.

I think his best landing spots would be San Antonio as a starter, and in OKC or Houston off of the bench. He should not command the type of gravitas that he did five years ago, and should be seen as a role player who can score in bunches and keep a young second unit together.

A shorter, hurted Vince Carter, if you will.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 25 Sep 2017, 11:00

the cheese wrote:

I'd say he's better off than Vince Carter. I'd say a very rich man's Richard Jefferson at this stage of his career.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 11:15

nova wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I'd say he's better off than Vince Carter. I'd say a very rich man's Richard Jefferson at this stage of his career.

I'll go with taller, broken down Bobby Jackson.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to NBA