Da Bulls

Da Bulls

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 20 May 2008, 23:38

how does this thread not exist? Rose or Beasley: I would go Rose, he has Chris Paul-like talent. But I wouldn't be upset either way. unbelievably lucky they got the first pick.
Last edited by Dr Jeckyll on 06 Mar 2011, 15:40, edited 4 times in total.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Re: Da Bulls

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 May 2008, 08:25

Untouchable wrote:how does this thread not exist? Rose or Beasley: I would go Rose, he has Chris Paul-like talent. But I wouldn't be upset either way. unbelievably lucky they got the first pick.

Rigged.

Tough call. I guess you go Rose bc he is a playmaker like Wade/Paul/D Williams. Beasly is awesome, but I think they are gonna take Rose.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 21 May 2008, 08:30

Duhon's a free agent, right? And if Beasley can't handle playing center, they have a lot of PF's. I think you take Rose, see how he develops, shop Hinrich around once it's clear that Rose can handle it, and see if you can get a serviceable center at that point.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Brick Tamland » 21 May 2008, 08:56

Definitely Rose... Heinrich's obviously not the leader or player they thought he was, and with the way CP3 and Deron Williams have caught fire, having a PG who can make everyone on yuor team better would seem to be the way to go.

Also, you know there's NO WAY the Bulls would've landed the first pick had it been Paxson at the lottery. I really am surprised he's still with the team and will be allowed to hire their next coach.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 May 2008, 17:24

Scoop wants Beasley

and in case you guys were wondering what kind of cellphone he uses: it's an iphone.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Bricks » 22 May 2008, 17:29

Real hard-hitting news there by Scoop :roll:
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby mister bacon » 23 May 2008, 07:39

Untouchable wrote:Scoop wants Beasley

and in case you guys were wondering what kind of cellphone he uses: it's an iphone.

beasly had like 5 phones in college. i am sure he had a job and was paying all of those bills himself.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby nova » 23 May 2008, 08:09

I'd go with Rose. The Derrick Coleman comparisons are too strong with Beasley, and I don't think there is a point guard in the Eastern Conference who can match up with Rose.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 23 May 2008, 09:54

mister bacon wrote:
Untouchable wrote:Scoop wants Beasley

beasly had like 5 phones in college. i am sure he had a job and was paying all of those bills himself.

i was talking about scoop and his reference to his iphone. not beasley.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby SGFan » 23 May 2008, 14:02

nasty nova wrote:I'd go with Rose. The Derrick Coleman comparisons are too strong with Beasley, and I don't think there is a point guard in the Eastern Conference who can match up with Rose.

I only saw Beasley play like 5 minutes, but he reminded me of Lawrence Funderburke.

It looks like everyone wants them to take Rose. I do. The only problem is they really need a low-post scorer. Plus Gordon and Deng are restricted free agents. I'm not really sure what that means, but they could possibley trade some combination of Gordon, Hughes, Thomas, Gooden, Noah, this offseason.

It really is a shame D'antoni didn't take the job. What was the fucking rush? Why do these guys need to take jobs right away even before the season ends. If Boston doesn't win a game in Detroit, Doc has to get fired. That has to be better than the Knicks. I wonder if the Bulls will hire a coach before the draft. If they want to go up-tempo it would definately point towards Rose.
SGFan
Hope College Alum

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 May 2008, 14:15

SGFan wrote:
nasty nova wrote:I'd go with Rose. The Derrick Coleman comparisons are too strong with Beasley, and I don't think there is a point guard in the Eastern Conference who can match up with Rose.

I only saw Beasley play like 5 minutes, but he reminded me of Lawrence Funderburke.

It looks like everyone wants them to take Rose. I do. The only problem is they really need a low-post scorer. Plus Gordon and Deng are restricted free agents. I'm not really sure what that means, but they could possibley trade some combination of Gordon, Hughes, Thomas, Gooden, Noah, this offseason.

It really is a shame D'antoni didn't take the job. What was the fucking rush? Why do these guys need to take jobs right away even before the season ends. If Boston doesn't win a game in Detroit, Doc has to get fired. That has to be better than the Knicks. ] I wonder if the Bulls will hire a coach before the draft. If they want to go up-tempo it would definately point towards Rose.

great post Simmons.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby nova » 23 May 2008, 14:24

SGFan wrote:I only saw Beasley play like 5 minutes, but he reminded me of Lawrence Funderburke.

Well, I watched Beasley play multiple times and to me, he looks like a guy with all of the physical tools and skills, but doesn't have the outward appearance of giving two flying fucks. Some people have questioned his work ethic and character, but the coon can play. He's 6'9", has an inside-outside game that is could develop into what Dirk Nowitzki should be-- a big man who can score at will, inside or out.

On the contrary, it's all about matchups. The Bulls could use low post scoring, but look what Chris Paul did for Tyson Chandler this year...and David West, for that matter. Derrick Rose is that much bigger of an asset because he is a pure point guard with elite quickness, speed and strength...at age 19. Not saying that this is Bogut-Paul, but it's pretty fucking close.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Durden » 25 May 2008, 16:21

Joakim arrested in Gainesville

charged with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol. dumb bastard.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby God Shamgod » 25 May 2008, 16:50

Durden wrote:Joakim arrested in Gainesville

charged with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol. dumb bastard.

Shocker. Never would have thought that dood smokes tree.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby SGFan » 27 May 2008, 12:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SGFan wrote:

It really is a shame D'antoni didn't take the job. What was the fucking rush? Why do these guys need to take jobs right away even before the season ends. If Boston doesn't win a game in Detroit, Doc has to get fired. That has to be better than the Knicks. ] I wonder if the Bulls will hire a coach before the draft. If they want to go up-tempo it would definately point towards Rose.

great post Simmons.

If the Celtics would have lost to Detroit, without winning a single playoff game, after leading the league in wins in the regular season, I think he would have been fired.

There's still a good chance he will be fired if they lose to Detroit, they have been shaky all playoffs.
SGFan
Hope College Alum

Next

Return to NBA