The Lake Show

Re: The Lake Show

Postby mj3528 » 06 Apr 2017, 10:29

PhillyJim76 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:They have "passed" the Suns and now have the 3rd worst record after trying really hard but failing to lose to the Spurs last night. I think it's only like a 20% chance they keep their pick if they go in as the 3 seed.

Yeah. I have a lot of doubt they'll get their top 3 pick.

Can't complain too much Balls, the same backroom NBA dealings got us Ben Simmons last year.

"Do you guys promise to try next season if we give you Simmons? Yes. Okay, done deal"
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby PhillyJim76 » 06 Apr 2017, 10:35

mj3528 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:They have "passed" the Suns and now have the 3rd worst record after trying really hard but failing to lose to the Spurs last night. I think it's only like a 20% chance they keep their pick if they go in as the 3 seed.

Can't complain too much Balls, the same backroom NBA dealings got us Ben Simmons last year.

"Do you guys promise to try next season if we give you Simmons? Yes. Okay, done deal"

I believe it was more like you need to get rid of Hinkie and put in our guy, Colangelo.
And Colangelo took the job with the guarantee of the number one. Aka like Ervin.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Apr 2017, 11:01

PhillyJim76 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

I believe it was more like you need to get rid of Hinkie and put in our guy, Colangelo.
And Colangelo took the job with the guarantee of the number one. Aka like Ervin.

Colangelo is most definitely going to wreck this team. I have no doubt. Hinkie was at least trying to set them up to be title contenders. This Colangelo clown walked into Ben Simmons. Now he's going to get them to a 6 seed peak before he gets canned in 5 years.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 06 Apr 2017, 11:19

PhillyJim76 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

Colangelo is most definitely going to wreck this team. I have no doubt. Hinkie was at least trying to set them up to be title contenders. This Colangelo clown walked into Ben Simmons. Now he's going to get them to a 6 seed peak before he gets canned in 5 years.

biggest mistake was trading nerlens noel to the mavs. i think he's going to be the best combo of healthy and good out of the trio y'all had. thats going to end up being a yuuuuuge mistake when embiid out of the league in 5 years oden style.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Apr 2017, 11:41

PhillyJim76 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

I'll be thinking of you guys while I watch my team in the playoffs.

Again.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Apr 2017, 13:21

Kite: I'll be thinking of you when the Celtics lose in the first round. Again.

Bacon: Noel is sort of just a guy. I dont like what they got for him, but I think they were gonna part with him after the season anyway. Richaun Holmes (the 4th Big on the Sixers) is essentially Noel, but he can shoot 3s. Noel cant even shoot an 8 footer.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 06 Apr 2017, 13:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Kite: I'll be thinking of you when the Celtics lose in the first round. Again.

Bacon: Noel is sort of just a guy. I dont like what they got for him, but I think they were gonna part with him after the season anyway. Richaun Holmes (the 4th Big on the Sixers) is essentially Noel, but he can shoot 3s. Noel cant even shoot an 8 footer.

noel is tyson chandler/joakim noah. thats still very useful in today's NBA. i dont think y'all were using him right tbh.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Apr 2017, 13:42

mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Kite: I'll be thinking of you when the Celtics lose in the first round. Again.

noel is tyson chandler/joakim noah. thats still very useful in today's NBA. i dont think y'all were using him right tbh.

Siding with Bake here. Noel has all-defense potential.

Obviously the answer was trade Oakfor but what were you getting back?
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 06 Apr 2017, 13:46

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

i offered up something trash for okafor and they didn't want it so iono but i think they made the absolute wrong move. okafor is what he is and boll is either getting nothing at all letting him walk in FA or bogging the offense down when you play him.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Apr 2017, 13:50

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

i offered up something trash for okafor and they didn't want it so iono but i think they made the absolute wrong move. okafor is what he is and boll is either getting nothing at all letting him walk in FA or bogging the offense down when you play him.

Noel's absolute upside is Camby (on defense). he is not Chandler. Get out of here. Nor is he Noah. Noah is a great passer and has instinct.

Im not saying Noel stinks. im just saying. He looks better to you guys cuz you havent watched him play that much. He has bricks for hands, cant shoot, cant pass. He is very good at weakside help defense, great at finishing alley oops, and is probably a little above avg straight up defense. Lets pump our breaks a little.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 06 Apr 2017, 13:53

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Noel's absolute upside is Camby (on defense). he is not Chandler. Get out of here. Nor is he Noah. Noah is a great passer and has instinct.

Im not saying Noel stinks. im just saying. He looks better to you guys cuz you havent watched him play that much. He has bricks for hands, cant shoot, cant pass. He is very good at weakside help defense, great at finishing alley oops, and is probably a little above avg straight up defense. Lets pump our breaks a little.

he's 22. neither noah nor chandler were what we think of them to be now when they were 22.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Apr 2017, 13:55

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

he's 22. neither noah nor chandler were what we think of them to be now when they were 22.

Camby was a pretty fully formed player coming out of UMass when he was 22.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 06 Apr 2017, 14:13

Nerlens Noel is Stromile Swift
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Theny » 06 Apr 2017, 16:40

Thank you guys for turning the Lakers thread into the Sixers thread.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Apr 2017, 18:08

Theny wrote:Thank you guys for turning the Lakers thread into the Sixers thread.

Like the Lakers' first round pick is gonna turn into the Sixers pick?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to NBA