the Charlotte Hornets / Bob :catz:

Re: the Charlotte Hornets / Bob :catz:

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Jun 2017, 10:04

CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:We’ll never know all the details but I think we have enough tangential evidence to suggest Dwight is a locker room cancer. Sorry dtf.

I have seen him play in person 2 or 3 times, and frankly, I like him! The games I have seen, he has given effort, and he is really cool with the fans. Jokes with them during timeouts, I've seen him give his jersey away, sign some youngster's Howard jersey for him. He's a delight, imo.

Agreed, he seems like an alright, if dorky, dude. But shit, teams can't wait to get rid of him.

I think this is a different situation than previous ones though. Looks like the Hawks might be entering full on rebuild mode sooner rather than later.

I like the move for the Hornets. They get out of that godawful Plumlee contract and move up 10 spots to the top of the second round in tomorrow's draft. No clue what this means for Cody Zeller though.

There's no way they're taking a big with the 11th pick now. They're zeroing in on either Donovan Mitchell or Luke Kennard (hopefully) at this point.

Yeah, ya'll need shooting, Kennard's gotta be the guy. BUT WILL MIKE DRAFT A DOOKIE?!

The Howard move is a solid trade too, he's just a weirdo is all I'm saying.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Jun 2017, 10:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:We’ll never know all the details but I think we have enough tangential evidence to suggest Dwight is a locker room cancer. Sorry dtf.

I have seen him play in person 2 or 3 times, and frankly, I like him! The games I have seen, he has given effort, and he is really cool with the fans. Jokes with them during timeouts, I've seen him give his jersey away, sign some youngster's Howard jersey for him. He's a delight, imo.

I think this is a different situation than previous ones though. Looks like the Hawks might be entering full on rebuild mode sooner rather than later.

I like the move for the Hornets. They get out of that godawful Plumlee contract and move up 10 spots to the top of the second round in tomorrow's draft. No clue what this means for Cody Zeller though.

There's no way they're taking a big with the 11th pick now. They're zeroing in on either Donovan Mitchell or Luke Kennard (hopefully) at this point.

Are either of those two big, white stiffs?

Nope! One is an African-American shooting guard and the other is a white shooting guard from Duke.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Jun 2017, 10:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Are either of those two big, white stiffs?

Nope! One is an African-American shooting guard and the other is a white shooting guard from Duke.

White shooting guard with a cool behind the back dribble move.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Jun 2017, 11:13

For whatever flaws he may have, I and DtF will beat this drum:

In 2015, with the Rockets trailing by 19 points in the 4th quarter of an elimination game at the Staples Center, Dwight Howard was on the floor as the Rockets stormed back to win the game and send it back to Houston for a Game 7--a game the Rockets won. Their superstar, James Harden, was not on the court in that 4th quarter.

In 2017, after the "cancer" was gone, the Rockets hosted the Spurs in an elimination game. The Spurs were without two of their best players. The Rockets had their superstar, James Harden, who was better without Howard on the court hogging touches and being a detrimental force on the team. Houston lost by 39.

Are we SURE Howard was the entire problem in Houston?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Jew Jitsu » 21 Jun 2017, 15:46

JichaelDick wrote:For whatever flaws he may have, I and DtF will beat this drum:

In 2017, after the "cancer" was gone, the Rockets hosted the Spurs in an elimination game. The Spurs were without two of their best players. The Rockets had their superstar, James Harden, who was better without Howard on the court hogging touches and being a detrimental force on the team. Houston lost by 39.

Is that the same game people stopped seeing Houston as a contender?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 21 Jun 2017, 15:48

JichaelDick wrote:For whatever flaws he may have, I and DtF will beat this drum:

In 2015, with the Rockets trailing by 19 points in the 4th quarter of an elimination game at the Staples Center, Dwight Howard was on the floor as the Rockets stormed back to win the game and send it back to Houston for a Game 7--a game the Rockets won. Their superstar, James Harden, was not on the court in that 4th quarter.

Both Howard and Harden can be the problem. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 21 Jun 2017, 15:50

the cheese wrote:

I never claimed to be the smartest guy on this board, but I suspect that's what Jike meant by Howard not being the entire problem.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 21 Jun 2017, 15:59

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I never claimed to be the smartest guy on this board, but I suspect that's what Jike meant by Howard not being the entire problem.

I only claimed that Harden was a choking choker who choked. That's all
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jun 2017, 17:50

1 - I've never said Howard isn't a huge pain in the ass. That much seems obvious. He just seems to get 100% of the blame in many situations, because blockhead sportswriters have to assign some stupid "player a good, player b baaad" narrative, and fans tend to pick up on this. Somehow if I try to question this in Howard's case, by pointing out the ridiculousness of saying Kobe is a saint or Harden is a non-fatass who always rises to the moment then I get yelled at for being an "apologist" or something.

2 - Howard is not a choker, he's a quitter. There's a difference!

3 -
Jew Jitsu wrote:

Is that the same game people stopped seeing Houston as a contender?

I don't want to brag or anything, but after Game 7 of last year's finals, I knew the Warriors had no chance of winning the 2016 title. You could tell from their body language.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Jun 2017, 08:18

Dwight Howard? Fuckin...what? I can't believe people think Lebron is going to leave the eastern conference next year.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Jun 2017, 10:05

SouthernYokel wrote:Dwight Howard? Fuckin...what? I can't believe people think Lebron is going to leave the eastern conference next year.

You'd rather us go with Cody Zeller at center? We get D-12 for a couple years and if it doesn't work out, so what? Not like they're going to crack the top 3 in the Eastern Conference anyway with what they have.

Need a dynamic scorer to complement Kemba. That's why I want Donovan Mitchell in the draft.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Jun 2017, 10:17

I remember the days when people though Howard was better than lebron. Simpler times, when Wally Szczerbiak and the gang kept lebron out of the finals.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 22 Jun 2017, 10:39

East playoffs would be epic if Lebron leaves to LA. Eight seed has a chance every year!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Jun 2017, 17:47

Jew Jitsu wrote:I remember the days when people though Howard was better than lebron. Simpler times, when Wally Szczerbiak and the gang kept lebron out of the finals.

There may have been A day when A person thought this, or at least claimed to think this to seem edgy and cool, but there were not days when people thought this. Howard finished ahead of him in MVP voting only one time (2011) and that was more to do with him carrying a crappy team and LeBron taking a little while to adjust to his new star teammates. I know I'm an idiot for taking this seriously.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Jun 2017, 19:11

Dthefritz wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:I remember the days when people though Howard was better than lebron. Simpler times, when Wally Szczerbiak and the gang kept lebron out of the finals.

There may have been A day when A person thought this, or at least claimed to think this to seem edgy and cool, but there were not days when people thought this. Howard finished ahead of him in MVP voting only one time (2011) and that was more to do with him carrying a crappy team and LeBron taking a little while to adjust to his new star teammates. I know I'm an idiot for taking this seriously.

I'm just calling out these morons here
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to NBA