Phoenix Suns

Phoenix Suns

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 25 Jan 2007, 12:43

I think its time they got their own thread. Two 15-game win streaks. Second best record in the league right now, but they're arguably the best team. That, and they're more fun to watch than any other team in years. They've made NBA basketball entertaining again. But can they beat the Mavs in a 7-game series?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 25 Jan 2007, 12:46

But can they beat the Mavs in a 7-game series?

i would probably favor the mavs, but i am really excited for that series to happen. 2 15 game winning streaks in the same season is mid 90's Bulls-esque.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Jan 2007, 12:49

Nah, this is their year.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 25 Jan 2007, 12:50

I think it would be a great series. I'm not sure who would win though. Dallas is better at adapting their style to the opponents they play, while Phoenix does what they do no matter who they're against. The thing is, Phoenix can almost always win doing what they do, no matter the opponent, but the Mavs might be able to match up with them over the course of a series.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Jan 2007, 12:54

Clayton Bigsby wrote:I think it would be a great series. I'm not sure who would win though. Dallas is better at adapting their style to the opponents they play, while Phoenix does what they do no matter who they're against. The thing is, Phoenix can almost always win doing what they do, no matter the opponent, but the Mavs might be able to match up with them over the course of a series.

Hmm. Well, the NBA rigged it last year for the Mavs to beat San Antonio. I think its a fair assumption that the Suns will get the whistles this year if they meet the Mavs in the Western Conference Finals. The NBA knows what its doing. (in some areas).
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 28 Jan 2007, 21:59

I wonder what this team would've been like if johnson and/or richardson had stayed (insert car crash joke here).
Last edited by Tremendous_sidePotential on 29 Jan 2007, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Jan 2007, 23:02

I have a Suns touque, only cuz the sports store near me had NOTHING ELSE.

still. go suns, go
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jan 2007, 08:53

jack_daniels wrote:I have a Suns touque, only cuz the sports store near me had NOTHING ELSE.

Heaven forbit you buy a touque without a sports team logo and ruin your street cred.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 29 Jan 2007, 18:37

jack_daniels wrote:I have a Suns touque, only cuz the sports store near me had NOTHING ELSE.

still. go suns, go

what the hell is a touque?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 29 Jan 2007, 18:40

mister bacon wrote:

still. go suns, go

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=touque

HAHAHAHA
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 29 Jan 2007, 22:45

KG...44 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, 1 block

Suck the Funs....that doesn't work so well, eh?
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby someguysomewhere » 29 Jan 2007, 23:35

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

still. go suns, go

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=touque

HAHAHAHA

The preferred spelling is toque.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 30 Jan 2007, 00:53

From wikipedia:

In the United States, this type of hat is more commonly referred to by other names: knit hat or knit cap, sock cap or stocking cap, watch cap, toboggan, boggan, skull cap or sometimes as a ski cap. A beanie is a similar type of hat, and although toque and beanie can be synonymous in some regions, a beanie is normally more rigid, not made of a knitted yarn, and usually made up of structured panels of felt, twill, or other tightly woven cloth. The lack of a consistent term for the toque, outside Canada, is popular source material for Canadian comedians.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby kaskomm09 » 30 Jan 2007, 08:25

Clayton Bigsby wrote:From wikipedia:

In the United States, this type of hat is more commonly referred to by other names: knit hat or knit cap, sock cap or stocking cap, watch cap, toboggan, boggan, skull cap or sometimes as a ski cap. A beanie is a similar type of hat, and although toque and beanie can be synonymous in some regions, a beanie is normally more rigid, not made of a knitted yarn, and usually made up of structured panels of felt, twill, or other tightly woven cloth. The lack of a consistent term for the toque, outside Canada, is popular source material for Canadian comedians.

From Urban Dictionary wrote:An uncircumcised penis. Named for the obvious resemblance (minus the pom pom)
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby someguysomewhere » 30 Jan 2007, 11:57

kaskomm09 wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:From wikipedia:

From Urban Dictionary wrote:An uncircumcised penis. Named for the obvious resemblance (minus the pom pom)

I dunno, I've heard that, but I'd be a bit worried if my "toque" had a fuzzy dingleball hanging off the end.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to NBA