a Bunch of Hos (the Heat)

How many Heat cheerleaders could Theny spice

One
4%
4%
Theny can only count to two.
37%
60+ Who's is going to challenge him in the East?
22%
One, and then he'd let her move in
33%

Total votes : 54

a Bunch of Hos (the Heat)

Postby NBA Die-Hard #11/19 » 22 Oct 2006, 12:56

Just another year older for the over 35 team, whats the over under on games that Shaq/Wade play in together? I say 40.

eta - poll typo challenge*
Last edited by NBA Die-Hard #11/19 on 22 Oct 2006, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
DirtDawg- My buddy in the passenger seat took a look at me, hands off the wheel, driving without a seat belt, drinking a beer, puffing on a J, and speeding, and stated "Ya know, I don't think this is safe..."
NBA Die-Hard #11/19
Hope College Alum

Postby ChiTown » 22 Oct 2006, 13:59

shaq is washed up. it might be interesting to see how much farther wade drags around the team of old bones.
ChiTown
Rocky Balboa

Postby DirtDawg » 22 Oct 2006, 15:54

This thread: repeat or delete?

I choose DELETE!!
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 27 Oct 2006, 08:21

I don't think anyone's giving them a serious challenge in the East this year, so they should at least make it back to the Finals, where anything can happen.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby cwbuecheler » 27 Oct 2006, 10:18

It may not be this year, but the Heat have a serious collapse coming. They are too, too old. They're never going to be out of it completely with Wade around, but the average age of the team is like 78. The thing that most commonly derails good teams is injury, and the statistical likelihood of it for the Heat is much higher than for almost any other team (and actually, that includes Wade, due to his play-style and the fact that he spent all summer playing for Team USA). Also, recent Shaq citings indicate that he's returned to being an enormous fatass.

The major boost for them is that they barely have to play until the Eastern Conference Finals, whereas the West is going to beat the living shit out of each other.

I will be surprised if Miami repeats. They're a good team, but I certainly don't think they're a pantheon team. I think the Cavs could shock them. I think the Bulls could shock them (but probably won't). I think that some trade deadline moves will become important.

And I think that if Dallas, SA, or Phoenix gets to the finals, they're all very capable of beating Miami, particularly if Phoenix has all their parts in working condition. That team will be downright scary if Stoudemire's playing at even 80% of where he was during the 05 playoffs (where he was a consistent, unstoppable, 35-plus-point threat against ANY defender, including Duncan).

-chris
cwbuecheler
Hope College Alum

Postby Theny » 27 Oct 2006, 10:33

Shaq actually looked a little slimmer when I watched the game against the Rockets the other night, but then again, I haven't seen him since June. He plays his way into shape anyways.

You're right, the Cavs are probably the only team that can touch them this year, but I don't see it happening.

Also surprised as the season rapidly approaches that there were virtually no big trades/free agent signings. The biggest names I can think of that changed teams are Bonzi, Peja, Daniels, and Harrington. Indy's the only team that even signifcantly changed their roster from last year.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby cwbuecheler » 27 Oct 2006, 14:06

The Ben Wallace signing probably qualifies as "big"

... and by "big" I mean "utterly overrated player in the first stages of severe decline, who the Bulls will regret signing no later than October 2007, but who the media hyped as being the greatest acquisition in league history even though he can't shoot and can't guard any modern NBA centers who can play from more than six feet out. But hey, two blocks per game. Those four points are worth the ten your team loses by playing him at center, right?"

In the next year or two we're going to watch Darko have his way with Ben Wallace on more than one occasion, which is going to amuse me. I can't stand Wallace.

-chris
cwbuecheler
Hope College Alum

Postby Theny » 27 Oct 2006, 14:09

I don't know how I didn't type Wallace in that post. I had him in mind...

You're right though, he's gonna suck w/ the Bulls.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Brick Tamland » 27 Oct 2006, 14:20

cwbuecheler wrote:The Ben Wallace signing probably qualifies as "big"

... and by "big" I mean "utterly overrated player in the first stages of severe decline, who the Bulls will regret signing no later than October 2007, but who the media hyped as being the greatest acquisition in league history even though he can't shoot and can't guard any modern NBA centers who can play from more than six feet out. But hey, two blocks per game. Those four points are worth the ten your team loses by playing him at center, right?"

In the next year or two we're going to watch Darko have his way with Ben Wallace on more than one occasion, which is going to amuse me. I can't stand Wallace.

-chris

Nice of you to bring Shaq into the discussion! :D
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby NBA Die-Hard #11/19 » 27 Oct 2006, 20:15

c-dub- fyi... from Marc Stein's Heat Training Camp Observations:

Marc Stein wrote:3. Shaq's shape: Bad news if you're a Heat Hater hoping that O'Neal would report for training camp in big-as-a-house mode.

He didn't.

He looked, if not exactly svelte, clearly shy of house status struggling far more during Tuesday's workout with the grip on those slippery new basketballs than with his conditioning.

O'Neal told me he's the same weight now that he was when last season ended, which means he's in the 325-pound range. If you're not prepared to buy that -- especially since Shaq admitted that "I didn't do anything" when asked about his offseason fitness regimen -- you can still safely endorse Shaq's subsequent assessment that "I'm right where I want to be." This early in the season, Riley has to be encouraged.

see the whole article here... http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp06/insider/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2612451

That being said I agree that the Heat will colapse... just not this year. I think that if they are healthy come playoff time, I know an if but they'll be resting all season, then they have a shot to win again. I think they decline next year after Riley/Zo/G.P. retire and then after 2 years of rebuilding be dangerous again. In any case it will be interesting to watch unfold. I also agree that the Cavs are dangerous and the main competition, but Riley will put the Heat over the top in that series. Should be a fun season though.
DirtDawg- My buddy in the passenger seat took a look at me, hands off the wheel, driving without a seat belt, drinking a beer, puffing on a J, and speeding, and stated "Ya know, I don't think this is safe..."
NBA Die-Hard #11/19
Hope College Alum

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 01 Nov 2006, 06:29

NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote: they'll be resting all season

They sure looked like they were last night.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 01 Nov 2006, 10:58

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote: they'll be resting all season

They sure looked like they were last night.

Yeah they were... the Bulls are the kind of team that can give them problems though since they shoot so well from the field.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Nov 2006, 11:09

Theny just ordered a Ben Wallace Bulls jersey
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Theny » 01 Nov 2006, 11:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Theny just ordered a Ben Wallace Bulls jersey

Yeah right. I hate Ben Wallace more than any other player in the league.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby cwbuecheler » 01 Nov 2006, 11:40

Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Theny just ordered a Ben Wallace Bulls jersey

Yeah right. I hate Ben Wallace more than any other player in the league.

Kobe still tops my list. He's a Laker, a rapist, AND a jackass -- hard combo to beat, even if he is also probably the best all-around individual player in the league. But Ben Wallace is way, way up there on the hate list.

I get tired of hearing about how atheletes' feelings are hurt about this and that, and Wallace is one of those "sensitive" types you're always reading about. Bitch, you make millions a year, and ain't no one paying you for your shooting, so don't cry for me about how many touches you're getting under Flip Saunders. Shut the fuck up and play.

The Bulls are looking nice. I may have to take back my "Poor Man's Version of '04 Detroit" tag and upgrade it to "Middle Class Man's Version." To lift a note from Simmons, the Bulls are officially driving a Dodge Stratus.

Creverand and Indy will have to step it up.

-chris
cwbuecheler
Hope College Alum

Next

Return to NBA