The New Orleans....Pelicans

Re: The New Orleans....Pelicans

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Nov 2017, 09:06

This team, holy shit. The two best big men in basketball and they can't do fuck all with it. Boogie is second in scoring (30), AD is fif (27); Boogie is fourth in rebounds (13), AD is fif (12); Boogie is third in blocks and fif in steals, AD is a little behind him; and the team around them is so goddamn atrocious. Prolly why their stats are so good because they have to do literally everything for this junk team to be in a game but still. Maybe relying on Dante Cunningham and E'Twaun Moore to start and play 30 minutes a night was a bad idea, who could have known?

If Gentry makes it another month I'll be surprised.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby ctz31 » 02 Nov 2017, 10:15

MisterTambourineMan wrote:This team, holy shit. The two best big men in basketball and they can't do fuck all with it. Boogie is second in scoring (30), AD is fif (27); Boogie is fourth in rebounds (13), AD is fif (12); Boogie is third in blocks and fif in steals, AD is a little behind him; and the team around them is so goddamn atrocious. Prolly why their stats are so good because they have to do literally everything for this junk team to be in a game but still. Maybe relying on Dante Cunningham and E'Twaun Moore to start and play 30 minutes a night was a bad idea, who could have known?

Classic good stats on a bad team guys.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 02 Nov 2017, 10:22

ctz31 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:This team, holy shit. The two best big men in basketball and they can't do fuck all with it. Boogie is second in scoring (30), AD is fif (27); Boogie is fourth in rebounds (13), AD is fif (12); Boogie is third in blocks and fif in steals, AD is a little behind him; and the team around them is so goddamn atrocious. Prolly why their stats are so good because they have to do literally everything for this junk team to be in a game but still. Maybe relying on Dante Cunningham and E'Twaun Moore to start and play 30 minutes a night was a bad idea, who could have known?

Real team players. Like Shady. /bald prolly
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 02 Nov 2017, 10:24

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I said bad team. I am 5-2. Maybe you have taken notice?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 02 Nov 2017, 17:34

ctz31 wrote:

I admit there's a possibility that Cousins is, though I think he's more one of those guys who needs to be on the right kind of team.

Davis is a wrecking crew. His problem is staying on the court. Once there he's a monster on both ends. Come on.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 02 Nov 2017, 17:52

Dthefritz wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I admit there's a possibility that Cousins is, though I think he's more one of those guys who needs to be on the right kind of team.

Davis is a wrecking crew. His problem is staying on the court. Once there he's a monster on both ends. Come on.

I was just taking an opp to use a standard cliche. I don't watch the NBA unless my lakers are elite.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Nov 2017, 18:01

I know I'm thankful for DTF letting me know that a dominant player is dominant when he's like, yknow, playing and not hurt.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Nov 2017, 20:52

FWIW, Cousins is defiantly better than Davis in 2k. Don't give me their overalls, idc. It's not close. And they know. They know.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 02 Nov 2017, 21:37

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

'sup
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby ctz31 » 02 Nov 2017, 21:54

PhillyJim76 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

'sup

Classy.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Nov 2017, 12:18

I think the much-and-rightfully-maligned Gentry is onto something with this Rondo/Holliday backcourt. Their offense seems to flow a lot better with a TRU PG and Holliday at the 2, where he's less likely to gift the other team fast breaks with turnovers and terrible 3's. Who knows if it's enough to save their season.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Previous

Return to NBA