The New Orleans....Pelicans

The New Orleans....Pelicans

Postby the cheese » 10 Oct 2006, 09:50

The Hornets...ready to make one last run for OKC, before they head back to New Orleans.

PG: Chris Paul. Real American Badass. Hitting the hottest white girl on the Honeybees, dating a very attractive black girl. The best of both worlds. Bobby Jackson: Really? You gave Bobby "Holy Shit, I just tore every muscle in my body and I'll be out for 61 games" Jackson three million bucks, but you wouldn't shell out $4.5/4years for Speedy Claxton? Even though he and CP were devastating last year? You really think Bobby Jackson will make it through an entire season?

SG: Um, the Hornets have a 2-Guard? Looks like Peja will play the 2 on offense and the 3 on defense, while Desmond Mason will defend the 2 and play the 3. Wow. Great.

SF: Peja/Mason. Okay, so Peja can't play D to save his life, and Mason shoots the ball like a retarded eight-year-old, so that can't be good. Rasual Butler will back up. He's got a good shot. Which is nice.

PF: David West/Hilton Armstrong/Tyson Chandler. West can score and rebound, Chandler will play the five except against the likes of Garnett, Duncan, 'Sheed, O'Neal, etc. Hilton Armstrong=Nice depth, if he can keep his head in the game.

C: Chandler/Armstrong. Where points go to die. On offense as well as defense.

They'll be good enough, but not that good. I'm thinking Bulls in 2004. Either an 8-seed, or the high end of the lottery. Houston will be better this year, the Spurs are the Spurs, the Mavs are the Mavs, and the Grizz keep trying to break through the Texas Triangle. Couple one of the hardest divisions in the league with having to play too many games in New Orleans in front of 8,000 fans and 11,000 empty seats purchased by the league office, and you've got a recipe for disaster if things go wrong.

First preseason game is tonight, against Dallas. Let's see how this shit works. :( :(
Last edited by the cheese on 02 Nov 2007, 09:16, edited 2 times in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Oct 2006, 13:01

Peja's wife:

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 11 Oct 2006, 13:08

Peja:

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby ChiTown » 12 Oct 2006, 01:26

how did dooze steal your login info? whats next a shirtless yzerman?
ChiTown
Rocky Balboa

Postby the cheese » 02 Nov 2006, 10:06

Impressive first half, second half not so much. Tyson Chandler spent most of the night running around like a retard trying to fuck a doorknob. CP3 was still awesome. Everybody else looked decent, with Linton Johnson and Cedric Simmons providing some surprising hustle off the bench. Good effort. I would be looking forward to the home opener, but its in New Orleans. Boo.

On another note, apparently its a huge controversy in New Orleans (according to the Oklahoman, which probably means about seven people are moderately annoyed) that the Hornets wear an OKC patch on their jerseys. Hmmm. I'm not going to say anything.

I would much rather watch this team for the next fifteen years than watch the Sonics ever. Rashard Lewis = Boo.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Theny » 22 Nov 2006, 08:07

How was the game Chez? That Zo/Jackson slap fight was hilarious.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby the cheese » 22 Nov 2006, 11:07

Theny wrote:How was the game Chez? That Zo/Jackson slap fight was hilarious.

We had great seats. Fourth row, center court, ten feet from two of the guys who own the Sonics, plus a waiter bringing us beers on [Cheese] & [Cheese]'s tab.

Chris Paul needs to either learn to shoot better or gain some confidence in his jumper, because he passed up open looks all night. Of course, he passed off to even more open teammates.

Zo really is a bitch. He literally complained after every call, at one point almost decking a ball boy for not mopping the floor well enough. Then the slap fight, which was even funnier when I saw it on the highlights show after the game.

I was not impressed with Dwyane Wade's game in person. The guy just flings himself at the basket hoping for a lucky bounce or for the ref's to bail him out, which they do every time. For a guy who had 27 points with five minutes left in the game, he didn't seem to do shit. At one point, I think Wade and Chris Paul were about to throw down. Which would have been funny.

Bonus points for meeting Byron Scott at the Colcord Hotel's bar last night. Apparently the shareholder who owns the ticket hangs out with the guy after about every game. That place is a fucking meat market.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 22 Nov 2006, 12:10

the cheese wrote:Bonus points for meeting Byron Scott at the Colcord Hotel's bar last night. Apparently the shareholder who owns the ticket hangs out with the guy after about every game. That place is a fucking meat market.

groupies at a NBA post-game hang out? now i've heard everything.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 22 Nov 2006, 12:12

mister bacon wrote:
the cheese wrote:Bonus points for meeting Byron Scott at the Colcord Hotel's bar last night. Apparently the shareholder who owns the ticket hangs out with the guy after about every game. That place is a fucking meat market.

groupies at a NBA post-game hang out? now i've heard everything.

Just the coaches were there, but yeah, WATFO?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 26 Nov 2006, 20:28

Four game streak followed by a three game skid.

In NOOCH's wins, CP3 is averaging 17/10. In NOOCH losses, CP3 is averaging 19/6. Its hard to win when you have 37 points and $109 million on the bench in a suit.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 05 Dec 2006, 21:41

http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 07 Dec 2006, 11:46

Chris Paul: 26 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, as the NOOCH! beat the Lakers at the Stapler. He is awesome.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 12 Dec 2006, 11:26

That was fantastic. CP3 31/11. Would be better except Shinn confirmed the NOOCH!'s return to New Orleans for the start of next season.

Lebron is a whiny bitch. There, I said it. He complains more than any player I've seen in person. Any contact AT ALL and he's bitching to the refs. A great performance for the guy who was supposed to be the league MVP last year: 0 points in the fourth quarter.

Big Z is an ugly sonofabitch.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 18 Dec 2006, 16:37

Shit. West out indefinitely with elbow surgery, Stojakovic out indefinitely with back surgery. Fuck. Two of our top three scorers out indefinitely. Good thing the NOOCH! don't play in the toughest division in basketball.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 18 Dec 2006, 16:44

the cheese wrote:Shit. West out indefinitely with elbow surgery, Stojakovic out indefinitely with back surgery. Fuck. Two of our top three scorers out indefinitely. Good thing the NOOCH! don't play in the toughest division in basketball.

I honestly think losing Peja ain't so bad, but West is gonna hurt. I wouldn't get too paniced, this is now essentially the same team from last season (plus Chandler) and that team held into the last week. Houston will lose T-Mac or Yao at some point to injury, GS will likely and Minny will fall out of the picture as well.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to NBA