The Orlando Tragic

Re: The Orlando Tragic

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 Feb 2017, 11:04

For sure.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby God Shamgod » 15 Feb 2017, 13:59

They needed to dump Ibaka, but there is no point in having the lame duck GM make trades. I would hire Hinkle on a 90 day temp contract to strip the roster and collect assets and then hire a real GM.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 15 Feb 2017, 15:52

God Shamgod wrote:They needed to dump Ibaka, but there is no point in having the lame duck GM make trades. I would hire Hinkle on a 90 day temp contract to strip the roster and collect assets and then hire a real GM.

Phil Simpson loves this idea as long as he can coin a nickname for Hinkie like The Stripper. Oh my goodness is that the Stripper's music!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Feb 2017, 19:04

God Shamgod wrote:They needed to dump Ibaka, but there is no point in having the lame duck GM make trades. I would hire Hinkle on a 90 day temp contract to strip the roster and collect assets and then hire a real GM.

A "real GM" like the one who tanked in the exact same time frame as Orlando and actually acquired assets worthy of building around?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby God Shamgod » 22 Feb 2017, 17:11

Dthefritz wrote:

A "real GM" like the one who tanked in the exact same time frame as Orlando and actually acquired assets worthy of building around?

Nah Hennigan sucks. Huge flop. He was a coffee runner in San Antonio and OKC.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Feb 2017, 17:46

God Shamgod wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Nah Hennigan sucks. Huge flop. He was a coffee runner in San Antonio and OKC.

Maybe I'm not getting your post, but my comment was meant to be pro Hinkie not.pro Hennigan. I agree he's a flop 100%.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Mar 2017, 08:11

Pro Tip: If a guy's jersey ends in "ovic" you should probably not leave him consistently open for 3 in the last few minutes of a close game.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Apr 2017, 13:31

Orlando's front office was smart enough to let their off-season list become public:

:lol: at Kelly Olynyk

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 04 Apr 2017, 13:37

What's so funny about that? They listed pretty much every FA to be.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Apr 2017, 13:42

The only things that might be "confidential" there are an apparent implied trade offer of Aaron Gordon for Saric, and an X which means that they probably don't want Jeff Green (smart).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Apr 2017, 14:47

Briandong79 wrote:The only things that might be "confidential" there are an apparent implied trade offer of Aaron Gordon for Saric, and an X which means that they probably don't want Jeff Green (smart).

I am not trading Saric. Sorry, dude. He is the only reliable "good" player the Sixers have.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby God Shamgod » 16 Apr 2017, 20:18

Hennigan GONE...see ya pal!

Saw some NBA insider types caping up for him like he wasn't absolutely terrible.

Regardless, this team is doomed. We'll sign some slapdick like Kelly Olynk to a max deal and draft another point guard that can't shoot.

Heard rumblings about Grant Hill coming back to run the show, as if he hasn't stolen enough money from this franchise.

Since apparently the only other candidates are former Magic players I have also heard buzz about Pat Garrity. My dad really hated him his a player and always ripped on him every time he got the ball. Once we sat behind his family at a game. He hit like 6 3's in a row. Cool story. Either way, I wouldn't make a decision until Terry "Cat Man" Catledge or Jerry "ice" Reynolds give us firm no's.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Dthefritz » 16 Apr 2017, 23:40

God Shamgod wrote:Hennigan GONE...see ya pal!

Saw some NBA insider types caping up for him like he wasn't absolutely terrible.

Regardless, this team is doomed. We'll sign some slapdick like Kelly Olynk to a max deal and draft another point guard that can't shoot.

Heard rumblings about Grant Hill coming back to run the show, as if he hasn't stolen enough money from this franchise.

Since apparently the only other candidates are former Magic players I have also heard buzz about Pat Garrity. My dad really hated him his a player and always ripped on him every time he got the ball. Once we sat behind his family at a game. He hit like 6 3's in a row. Cool story. Either way, I wouldn't make a decision until Terry "Cat Man" Catledge or Jerry "ice" Reynolds give us firm no's.

Ha, Pat Garrity. There's a blast from the past. Dude was an animal in NBA Live. I think I hit 25 3's in a game with him once. EA Sports must have been very diverse in those days.

Do you think the team is doomed by bad ownership? I feel like they showed at least some competence in building around Dwight, whatever fuckups they've had.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Apr 2017, 07:13

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby God Shamgod » 17 Apr 2017, 10:17

Dthefritz wrote:Do you think the team is doomed by bad ownership? I feel like they showed at least some competence in building around Dwight, whatever fuckups they've had.

Yes, but I am not sure how much longer Devos has. He has been absentee for a while. His kids don't seem to be interested in it right now. His son in law was running the show during the last up period, but he got divorced and kicked out of the family for cheating on the daughter. Since then the team has been run by a dude that started in as an intern like 25 years ago and somehow stuck around long enough to became CEO.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to NBA