Jailblazing

Re: Jailblazing

Postby Dthefritz » 21 Jan 2016, 17:54

JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the Blazers backcourt of Dame Lilliard and Something McCollum form one of the most formidable backcourts in the NBA. I was told that Something McCollum (from some PA small school like Bucknell) took a couple of years to find his way in the league, thru injuries and the relentless Portland press, but now he's doin his thang. Maybe it was the exodus of Judas himself, LaMarcus Aldridge, that provided the opening that Lilliard and McCollum needed. Portland presently sits at 19-26, and 10th in the Western Conference Standings. LaMarcus who?

CJ McCollum played at Lehigh. Beat Dook in the 2012 NCAA Tournament

Well they're a great offensive backcourt, with iirc both averaging over 20ppg, with decent efficiency numbers. Portland's problem is defensewhere they've crashed from 12th in the league to 20th in points allowed. Not coincidentally, the team RoLo went to improved from 24th to 12th. Although Dame Lillard (more like Gay Lizard amirite) and his continually awful d deserve some credit as well.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Mar 2016, 20:00

Dthefritz wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the Blazers backcourt of Dame Lilliard and Something McCollum form one of the most formidable backcourts in the NBA. I was told that Something McCollum (from some PA small school like Bucknell) took a couple of years to find his way in the league, thru injuries and the relentless Portland press, but now he's doin his thang. Maybe it was the exodus of Judas himself, LaMarcus Aldridge, that provided the opening that Lilliard and McCollum needed. Portland presently sits at 19-26, and 10th in the Western Conference Standings. LaMarcus who?

CJ McCollum played at Lehigh. Beat Dook in the 2012 NCAA Tournament

Well they're a great offensive backcourt, with iirc both averaging over 20ppg, with decent efficiency numbers. Portland's problem is defensewhere they've crashed from 12th in the league to 20th in points allowed. Not coincidentally, the team RoLo went to improved from 24th to 12th. Although Dame Lillard (more like Gay Lizard amirite) and his continually awful d deserve some credit as well.

And...the Blazers since this post have been a top 10 defensive team. And have won 17 of their last 21, including a win against the Warriors. Good column by Zach Lowe about these guys today.

Good thing Terry Stotts is in a small market so he can't win a rightfully deserved CoY award over SenatorPopeEmperorGodJesus Stevens.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gaylord2 » 19 May 2016, 17:59

What's the deal with Damian Lillard playing a baby in the State Farm commercials? Is this good for his "brand"? I mean I get trying to be famous, but this isn't Marlon Wayans in the hit movie - "Little Man" - he's a stupid baby with maybe one line a commercial, in commercials where Kevin Garnett makes jokes about him shitting his pants. It really makes me hate him, and I could care less about stupid Damian Lillard.

Dthe - mind weighing in here? Bad agent? Or just a middling player desperate for some exposure?
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby Jew Jitsu » 19 May 2016, 20:37

Gaylord2 wrote:What's the deal with Damian Lillard playing a baby in the State Farm commercials? Is this good for his "brand"? I mean I get trying to be famous, but this isn't Marlon Wayans in the hit movie - "Little Man" - he's a stupid baby with maybe one line a commercial, in commercials where Kevin Garnett makes jokes about him shitting his pants. It really makes me hate him, and I could care less about stupid Damian Lillard.

Dthe - mind weighing in here? Bad agent? Or just a middling player desperate for some exposure?

Fuck the baby, what's up with that one dude dressing like a broad?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 19 May 2016, 21:32

Gaylord2 wrote:What's the deal with Damian Lillard playing a baby in the State Farm commercials? Is this good for his "brand"? I mean I get trying to be famous, but this isn't Marlon Wayans in the hit movie - "Little Man" - he's a stupid baby with maybe one line a commercial, in commercials where Kevin Garnett makes jokes about him shitting his pants. It really makes me hate him, and I could care less about stupid Damian Lillard.

What do I look like, Darren Rovell?

Seriously, I don't know. Maybe he imagines himself as the young gun who will take over the league one day, so baby him is symbolic. Maybe he realizes he's already so much of a dickhead that he can't possibly be liked by anyone at least on a personal level. You would think that being now the best player on a top-10 team, he can stop being such an attention whore. But he won't.

Jew Jitsu wrote:Fuck the baby, what's up with that one dude dressing like a broad?

Now DeAndre Jordan, there is a non-star player who probably is just stoked to be in a commercial. Let's also not forget that professional athletes typically have a horrible sense of humor. They probably think wearing a wig and speaking in a high-pitched is outrageous and fresh comedy.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 20 May 2016, 07:25

Dthefritz wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Fuck the baby, what's up with that one dude dressing like a broad?

Now DeAndre Jordan, there is a non-star player who probably is just stoked to be in a commercial. Let's also not forget that professional athletes typically have a horrible sense of humor. They probably think wearing a wig and speaking in a high-pitched is outrageous and fresh comedy.

It pays well, at times.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 May 2016, 08:30

I like the commercials. At least the droppin dimes droppin dimes one. Lilliard and Love are good in that one.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 May 2016, 09:25

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I like the commercials. At least the droppin dimes droppin dimes one. Lilliard and Love are good in that one.

Those commercials are godawful. You have terrible taste in everything! <3 u mean it.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 20 May 2016, 09:27

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I like the commercials. At least the droppin dimes droppin dimes one. Lilliard and Love are good in that one.

Those commercials are godawful. You have terrible taste in everything! <3 u mean it.

Have to agree with flush here. Though I have to give credit to State Farm for coming up with worst commercials than the "Cliff Paul" ones. I did not think it was possible.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 20 May 2016, 09:31

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Have to agree with flush here. Though I have to give credit to State Farm for coming up with worst commercials than the "Cliff Paul" ones. I did not think it was possible.

You guys must not like to laugh.

When CP3 says, "Kevin, where you get all those dimes from?", I crack up, every time.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 20 May 2016, 09:33

JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

When CP3 says, "Kevin, where you get all those dimes from?", I crack up, every time.

do you also laugh every time when Garnett says, "somebody has got to change that baby'?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 May 2016, 09:34

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

do you also laugh every time when Garnett says, "somebody has got to change that baby'?

The big Kevin Love head on the child size body freaks me out man.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 20 May 2016, 09:41

I've been meaning to discuss these ads. Obviously CP3 makes out like a bandit here, as does KG playing gramps. Lillard had another ad keying in on how he's "young" so that must be his thing. Love is by far the creepiest one on these ads. Plus it seems like he's adopted or he's cp3's bastard. Kevin Snow. I like that.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JT99 » 20 May 2016, 09:42

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

No. But, when Kevin says that he loves nuggets while he has a mouthful of nuggets, I :lol: :lol: :lol:

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby ctz31 » 23 May 2016, 19:30

Holy shit I just stumbled upon this thread. I can't believe all you idiots watch commercials. I don't even know what you're talking about. Thankfully.

Eta: and are passionate about it......ok
ctz31
#nnf

PreviousNext

Return to NBA