The Official New York Knicks Suck Thread

Re: The Official New York Knicks Suck Thread

Postby Dthefritz » 19 Oct 2017, 19:22

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Carmelo stabbed by Knicks

It hurt because Anthony could have left in 2014 but re-signed with the Knicks — gaining a precious no-trade clause.

“If that trade clause wasn’t [there], I’d have been God knows where because he was just ready to move on at that point,” said Anthony, who felt Jackson would have accepted anything just to be rid of him.

I think he stayed there for the money, but what do I know?

BE THAT AS IT MAY....he already had his money whether or not he was traded, and he wanted to stay.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Oct 2017, 19:56

The people who said the following can all eat a dick:
"HURR DURR KAT IS 300 ZILLION TIMES AS GOOD AS PORZINGIS COULD EVER HOPE TO BE AND ITZ DUMB TO COMPARE THEM DURRRRRRRRR". Looking at you Zach Lowe. KP is burninating the thatch roof cottages right now. 30 points in four of his five games. He's really getting in touch with his inner Dirk on those midrange shots. He's making a real leap this year, efficiency be damned.

"HURR IT'S EARLY ENOUGH TO SAY THE KNICKS FUCKED UP BY NOT TAKING DSJ"
People have been saying this since summer league. Calm down. Frank Ntilikina is looking like he has real potential. Obviously, he turned 19 like a month ago, he's gonna take some time. But damn, teh flashes are there. I can't find that halfcourt bounce pass in last night's game on youtube, but it was a thing of beauty. Dude has a legit jumpshot, is a blanketing, aggressive defender, makes beautiful passes and has great athleticism and length for a 1. And his instincts/feel for the game are on point, solid patience and awareness, especially for somebody his age. Once he puts on some muscle and starts getting to the rim more, we are looking at a guy who's somewhere between Derek Harper and Chauncey Billups [pre-knicks version of course]. I am turgid like you wouldn't believe.

Also, I know Anus Cancer's flaws are well-documented, but goddamn does he dominate the offensive glass and bully people in the post. Obviously, hyperefficient fast offenses will eat him up, but against most teams he can really do some work. I enjoy watching him go to work down low.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 30 Oct 2017, 22:04

Dthefritz wrote:The people who said the following can all eat a dick:
"HURR DURR KAT IS 300 ZILLION TIMES AS GOOD AS PORZINGIS COULD EVER HOPE TO BE AND ITZ DUMB TO COMPARE THEM DURRRRRRRRR". Looking at you Zach Lowe. KP is burninating the thatch roof cottages right now. 30 points in four of his five games. He's really getting in touch with his inner Dirk on those midrange shots. He's making a real leap this year, efficiency be damned.

People have been saying this since summer league. Calm down. Frank Ntilikina is looking like he has real potential. Obviously, he turned 19 like a month ago, he's gonna take some time. But damn, teh flashes are there. I can't find that halfcourt bounce pass in last night's game on youtube, but it was a thing of beauty. Dude has a legit jumpshot, is a blanketing, aggressive defender, makes beautiful passes and has great athleticism and length for a 1. And his instincts/feel for the game are on point, solid patience and awareness, especially for somebody his age. Once he puts on some muscle and starts getting to the rim more, we are looking at a guy who's somewhere between Derek Harper and Chauncey Billups [pre-knicks version of course]. I am turgid like you wouldn't believe.

Also, I know Anus Cancer's flaws are well-documented, but goddamn does he dominate the offensive glass and bully people in the post. Obviously, hyperefficient fast offenses will eat him up, but against most teams he can really do some work. I enjoy watching him go to work down low.

The nerds love Frank the Franc, no worries there. But don't start a KP/KAT debate please. Please. MsMTM likes you, don't make me tell her you're awful.

Love PorzinGod, but....come on.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Oct 2017, 22:21

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

The nerds love Frank the Franc, no worries there. But don't start a KP/KAT debate please. Please. MsMTM likes you, don't make me tell her you're awful.

KAT is the better player right now, no question. I am saying I don't think it's a completely settled question who will be the better player five years from now. I think some people, including some very smart people who know the game way better than I do, exaggerated the difference between the two and acted like KP couldn't improve significantly. In the case of a highly polished NBA ready player who dominated college vs a dude from fucking Latvia, you have to figure one has more room to improve than the other. Meanwhile KAT is stagnating. Stagnating at an awesome, incredibly high level, but stagnating nonetheless, while Zinger grows stronger by the day. I don't know why this became a bad movie preview voiceover, but deal with it. You are on notice.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 30 Oct 2017, 22:29

Dthefritz wrote:

KAT is the better player right now, no question. I am saying I don't think it's a completely settled question who will be the better player five years from now. I think some people, including some very smart people who know the game way better than I do, exaggerated the difference between the two and acted like KP couldn't improve significantly. In the case of a highly polished NBA ready player who dominated college vs a dude from fucking Latvia, you have to figure one has more room to improve than the other. Meanwhile KAT is stagnating. Stagnating at an awesome, incredibly high level, but stagnating nonetheless, while Zinger grows stronger by the day. I don't know why this became a bad movie preview voiceover, but deal with it. You are on notice.

Fair. For the record I'm still rooting for Embiid - but....yeah - or Boogie and the Brow (cue late 70s sitcom music).

This is gonna be a fun season.

You should tank for Luka.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Oct 2017, 22:47

Dthefritz wrote:

Fair. For the record I'm still rooting for Embiid - but....yeah - or Boogie and the Brow (cue late 70s sitcom music).

Ehh, we have our franchise player in his 3rd year, and we need to let him compete. Can't start tanking in October. Happy to trade Kanter and others in midseason.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 30 Oct 2017, 22:52

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Ehh, we have our franchise player in his 3rd year, and we need to let him compete. Can't start tanking in October. Happy to trade Kanter and others in midseason.

Disappointed here.....cuz Luka is the next big thing.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Nov 2017, 18:28

I came a little.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 07 Nov 2017, 10:27

Dthefritz wrote:

I came a little.

He's kicking ass particularly well so far.

How about the Frank the Frog? He's looking pretty good too.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 07 Nov 2017, 19:45

Dthefritz wrote:

I came a little.

He's kicking ass particularly well so far.

How about the Frank the Frog? He's looking pretty good too.

Still a bit rough around the edges, but the dude just turned 19 a few weeks ago. He looks unbelievably confident and like he belongs for somebody that age. He is a special defensive talent, who can both do the "in-your-face pressure you for steals constantly" thing a la Pat Beverly, but also has the reach, quickness and instincts to sag off a guy and then recover to cut him off or close out a shot. He makes some dumb plays of course, but he shows remarkable patience sometimes. The raw passing ability is definitely there, as are the fundamentals in his jump shot. With some fine tuning he should be a top tier point guard in 2/3 years.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Nov 2017, 09:08

Knicks’ Analyst Lebron James thinks the Knicks should have drafted Dennis Smith Jr

He should be a Knick. That's going to make some headlines, but he should be a Knick. Dallas is definitely, I know they're excited that he didn't go there.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Theny » 12 Nov 2017, 11:23

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Knicks’ Analyst Lebron James thinks the Knicks should have drafted Dennis Smith Jr

He should be a Knick. That's going to make some headlines, but he should be a Knick. Dallas is definitely, I know they're excited that he didn't go there.

Lemme guess....Smith is a Rich Paul client.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Nov 2017, 11:47

Memba when DSJ refused to workout for the Knicks or let the team examine the medical records from his ACL surgery? I memba,

We are perfectly happy with Franky. Obviously, Smith was gonna be more NBA-ready and have a better rookie season overall, but Ntilikina is clearly a better fit next to Porzingod long-term.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Nov 2017, 22:09

THJ is good. There, I said it. This guy is tremendously improved on the defensive end from his first stint on the Knicks, and can actually create for others at a pretty good rate for a 2-guard. Not a bad rebounder for the position, either.

Also note that the French Prince is 3rd in the NBA in steals, despite just playing 21 min/game. And Porzingis is 1st in 4th quarter scoring in the NBA. I am pumped.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TVF wannabe » 16 Nov 2017, 12:48

I didn't realize how much the Knicks sucking had sucked my Basketball joy from me, I'm actually somewhat excited about this team and into the NBA more overall because of it.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to NBA