The Official New York Knicks Suck Thread

Re: The Official New York Knicks Suck Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Aug 2017, 20:06

I'm actually stunned that Wolp knew who Eddie Griffin was. What t fuck is going on here?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Aug 2017, 20:11

TheWolf wrote:No one says no. Dead people can't talk.

Counterpoint Phil Jackson made several trades as GM of the Knicks
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 08 Aug 2017, 20:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I'm actually stunned that Wolp knew who Eddie Griffin was. What t fuck is going on here?

Full disclosure: for some reason I thought eddie griffin was from wolfville, so I looked him up. Then I said, "oh yeah, he's the dead dude from Seton hall." Turns out the wolfville guy I was thinking of was Doug wiggins. They Noth have letters in their names and played basketball, so I was really close.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Aug 2017, 07:08

TheWolf wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I'm actually stunned that Wolp knew who Eddie Griffin was. What t fuck is going on here?

Full disclosure: for some reason I thought eddie griffin was from wolfville, so I looked him up. Then I said, "oh yeah, he's the dead dude from Seton hall." Turns out the wolfville guy I was thinking of was Doug wiggins. They Noth have letters in their names and played basketball, so I was really close.

i thought this was all a joke about a comedian playing basketball because that's a thing the Knicks would do.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Sep 2017, 16:03

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Sep 2017, 17:21

I think he just took an article from posting and toasting and added numbering format.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Sep 2017, 18:16

Honestly, I'm surprised the Knicks even got this much back. Better package than LAC/CLE were reportedly offering at last year's deadline.

Melo's tenure with the Knicks obviously never lived up to the hype, but he was tremendously fun to watch, and I honestly believe he did the best he could with the team around him. He was very divisive among Knicks fans, but it could be years before we have a 50 win team again.

Anyway, I doubt this OKC team will get past GSW in the playoffs, but I wish them the best of luck. We're onto the Porzingis era in earnest.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Sep 2017, 18:51

He did the best he could with the team around him that was constructed from the constrictions on his demanding contract.

What a victim.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Sep 2017, 19:03

Gregs Kite wrote:He did the best he could with the team around him that was constructed from the constrictions on his demanding contract.

What a victim.

Did I say he's a victim?

Also, as explained many times here, blaming his contract for the gross roster mismanagement is just off base. They still had plenty of cap space for anybody else, and they constantly fucked it up because Knicks. Whatever.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Sep 2017, 19:08

He forced his way to my team, gutting it from the get go, then continued to maximize his earnings, but yet he did the best he could because the front office were dumb dumbs. :thumbsup:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Sep 2017, 19:23

Gregs Kite wrote:He forced his way to my team, gutting it from the get go, then continued to maximize his earnings, but yet he did the best he could because the front office were dumb dumbs. :thumbsup:

Look, the Knicks did have to give up a lot to get him. But it wasn't a franchise-crippling trade. They fucked the dog for the last 6 years, and that's not on him. If you don't think he played well enough to earn his contract, then you can hit him on that, but I don't agree with you there.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Theny » 24 Sep 2017, 20:57

You can't cripple a cripple. Know what I mean? I'm going to bed.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Sep 2017, 22:06

Theny wrote:You can't cripple a cripple. Know what I mean? I'm going to bed.

Ha! This is true. But at the time of the trade, the Knicks had cleared all the Isiah-era garbage off the team, and had some flexibility. The only meaningful long-term salary was Amare, and they still had their amnesty. The original sin was amnestying Billups, who was an expiring, rather than saving it for Amare.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 09:02

Dthefritz wrote: The original sin was amnestying Billups, who was an expiring, rather than saving it for Amare.

He ain't wrong.

I was gonna say Melo is gonna have to improve his rebounding but Russ and Adams can cover that. A trio of Russ/PG/Melo is gonna be an offensive nightmare, finally be able to hide Roberson effectively. Defensively should be pretty good too. I still like the Wolves chances against them with KAT/Buckets/Wiggs/and Rubi...oh.

Kanter is a pretty good backup big to have (contract is done after next year, right?) and McDermott, uh.....got a pick too, right? Could be worse.

I for one welcome our new Kristaps overlord.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Oct 2017, 14:30

Carmelo stabbed by Knicks

It hurt because Anthony could have left in 2014 but re-signed with the Knicks — gaining a precious no-trade clause.

“If that trade clause wasn’t [there], I’d have been God knows where because he was just ready to move on at that point,” said Anthony, who felt Jackson would have accepted anything just to be rid of him.

I think he stayed there for the money, but what do I know?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

PreviousNext

Return to NBA