Best 1-on-1 Matchups

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 12 Jan 2006, 23:57

Kobe's spin, drive, pump and lefty layup was pretty great too. This is the first time I've sat down and watched an entire Lakers game, and Kobe is a fucking black hole out there. Once the ball touches his hands, it is gone. He shoots way too many 3s and his teammates just stand there and wait to go after a rebound.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Scoring Machine » 13 Jan 2006, 00:11

Freddy Fernandez wrote:Kobe's spin, drive, pump and lefty layup was pretty great too. This is the first time I've sat down and watched an entire Lakers game, and Kobe is a fucking black hole out there. Once the ball touches his hands, it is gone. He shoots way too many 3s and his teammates just stand there and wait to go after a rebound.

Welcome to Laker basketball!

A lot of times the Lakers tendency to 'stand around' finds it's way to the defensive end too.... like giving up something like 112 ponts to Portland two days ago... the first time that Portland had broken 100 points at home all season... Chalupas for all!
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 13 Jan 2006, 01:40

ScottJergenson wrote:That dunk at the end of the half by LeBron was flat out ridiculous.

Hell yeah, i was talking to someone on the phone at the time and it made me scream HOLY SHIT!!

.. now thats a good dunk. Lebron is still looking for that killer instinct, but I like the way this is coming along. Even though E.Snow was really guarding Kobe most of the time.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Parker45 » 13 Jan 2006, 02:05

mister bacon wrote:
ScottJergenson wrote:That dunk at the end of the half by LeBron was flat out ridiculous.

Hell yeah, i was talking to someone on the phone at the time and it made me scream HOLY SHIT!!

.. now thats a good dunk. Lebron is still looking for that killer instinct, but I like the way this is coming along. Even though E.Snow was really guarding Kobe most of the time.

I would like to say then "In that case he should have been guarding Kobe those last 3 possessions," but both Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest could have been guarding Kobe and he would have hit those shots. I was never really a fan of his game and I agree he probably shoots too much, but he was incredible at the end of the game... Especially since he sat most of the second half.

Oh and that dunk was sick... It wasn't better than his reverse windmill back before Christmas, but that was just incredible... I really like LBJs game when they are actively trying to get the ball to Z... He looks at the other players on the floor more and he's not looking to shoot first. When Z's on the bench all he does is look for a shot and that's not his game. I was really worried at the beginning of the game that he was trying to match Kobe shot-for-shot, which (at this point) he can't do. But that was a great game tonight.
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Jan 2006, 09:03

Yeah, Ilgauskis kept that game close. When Cleveland can work that inside out game with bronbron and Z, they really look pretty good. If they can get Hughes back, i think they've got a good shot to win a series in the playoffs.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mmutoni » 13 Jan 2006, 09:33

Fantastic game and matchup. It's obvious Lebron isn't quite ready for Primetime (just yet), but it's scary how close he is. Kobe was amazing (as usual) and I'm glad to see Odom finally being aggressive. See you on Monday, Shaq!
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Theny » 13 Jan 2006, 10:26

mmutoni wrote:See you on Monday, Shaq!

The Cavs are not the Heat, and Cleveland basically gave that game away. I predict a Heat romp on Monday.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Parker45 » 13 Jan 2006, 11:23

mmutoni wrote:Kobe was amazing (as usual)

Maybe in the last minute he was "amazing," but I'd be worried about that wrist. He attacked the basket maybe twice in the first quarter, but from then on rarely attempted to drive and was settling on jumpers the rest of the night. Which is fine, because it was the jumpers at the end that killed the Cavs. He was "impressive" because of those last-minute ice-cold J's, but I'd stay away from words like "amazing" when it was really Odom that kept them in that game.
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby mmutoni » 13 Jan 2006, 11:34

Theny wrote:
mmutoni wrote:See you on Monday, Shaq!

The Cavs are not the Heat, and Cleveland basically gave that game away. I predict a Heat romp on Monday.

The Heat will probably win the game, since they are a much better team than the Lakers at this point. I'm just hoping that my team learned something from that X-Mas game (which was a very close one, by the way) and that it'll come down to the wire. I like our chances late in the game.
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Bleacher Creature » 16 Jan 2006, 02:23

Ive always loved the Kidd/Marbury matchups just because it proves how much better Kidd is than Marbury.
[Sun 15:41] Frank the Tank: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Re: Best 1-on-1 Matchups

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Aug 2017, 14:25

Hey LaVar--His Airness says he could beat you with one leg

"You got to understand the source. I think he played college, maybe?" Jordan told campers at his Flight School basketball camp Monday. "He averaged 2.2 points a game. Really?

:lol: =D+=
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 Aug 2017, 19:57

It's a joke that he acknowledges that clown. It would be worse than Floyd vs. Conor.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Aug 2017, 20:07

Jew Jitsu wrote:It's a joke that he acknowledges that clown. It would be worse than Floyd vs. Conor.

MJ's mental stability is a joke. He could watch fucking Bradley Beal clank a jumper in the 2nd quarter of a game against Milwaukee in mid-February, and start screaming at the TV. "WHAT YOU THINK, YOU WAS GONNA BE ME????"
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Re:

Postby Saymahname » 09 Aug 2017, 07:26

SouthernYokel wrote:I like Iverson/Nash, McGrady/Mebron, KG/Duncan. Probably KG/Duncan is my favorite.

I absolutly agree with you dude! KG/Duncan ohhh baby!
You can go hard or you can go home!
That's my life moto!
Saymahname
Doug Christie

Re: Re:

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 Aug 2017, 11:44

Saymahname wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I like Iverson/Nash, McGrady/Mebron, KG/Duncan. Probably KG/Duncan is my favorite.

I absolutly agree with you dude! KG/Duncan ohhh baby!

Welcome! Please have a look around the various threads and let us know what your favourite bread is!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NBA