Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mister bacon » 15 Jan 2006, 14:00

mmutoni wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
You must be smoking crack if you think Dirk is tough.



Take a look at his career stats. The guy hardly ever misses a game, he goes to the rack, he isn't afraid of contact and plays with a swagger. There aren't too many international guys that can claim that.


What? Dirk is 7 feet tall and is afraid of the post. He never takes the ball to the rack hes a pussy jumpshooter. The reason why he never misses games is because hes never gets touched because he doesnt play in the paint. Playing with a swagger doesnt make you tough either.

Walker and Dr. Funk both play with swagger, and Id pretty much say they are the very definition of pussy.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mmutoni » 15 Jan 2006, 14:05

mister bacon wrote:
What? Dirk is 7 feet tall and is afraid of the post. He never takes the ball to the rack hes a pussy jumpshooter. The reason why he never misses games is because hes never gets touched because he doesnt play in the paint. Playing with a swagger doesnt make you tough either.

Walker and Dr. Funk both play with swagger, and Id pretty much say they are the very definition of pussy.


He doesn't play on the wing because he's afraid of contact, it's because no one can guard him (with his size) out there. He's also a great jump shooter, so why not take advantage? He gets to the line frequently enough (7.3 times a game this year) signifying that he does go to the hole.
He may not be the toughest guy in the league (AI has that title as long as he's playing) but he's definitely not your stereotypical softie from overseas.
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mister bacon » 15 Jan 2006, 14:10

mmutoni wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
What? Dirk is 7 feet tall and is afraid of the post. He never takes the ball to the rack hes a pussy jumpshooter. The reason why he never misses games is because hes never gets touched because he doesnt play in the paint. Playing with a swagger doesnt make you tough either.

Walker and Dr. Funk both play with swagger, and Id pretty much say they are the very definition of pussy.


He doesn't play on the wing because he's afraid of contact, it's because no one can guard him (with his size) out there. He's also a great jump shooter, so why not take advantage? He gets to the line frequently enough (7.3 times a game this year) signifying that he does go to the hole.
He may not be the toughest guy in the league (AI has that title as long as he's playing) but he's definitely not your stereotypical softie from overseas.


I hear a lot of adjectives to describe Dirk and tough is never one of them. I get Fox Sports Texas now.. and I watch a lot of those (Mavericks) games (as well as the rockets...ugh) Hes soft. Can you find someone else in the sports journalism world to claim he is tough?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mmutoni » 15 Jan 2006, 14:14

I think you're missing the point here.

The thread is about toughest international ballers, and my claim is that among those international ballers, Dirk is one of the tough ones. In the true sense of the word tough, he (and many of the ballers from overseas) is miles behind the toughest in the league. Kenny Smith (who has the best basketball mind on TNT, in my opinion) has said the same thing numerous times about Dirk, he's tough when compared to a lot of guys from outside the US.
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby nova » 15 Jan 2006, 14:17

mmutoni wrote:I think you're missing the point here.

The thread is about toughest international ballers, and my claim is that among those international ballers, Dirk is one of the tough ones. In the true sense of the word tough, he (and many of the ballers from overseas) is miles behind the toughest in the league. Kenny Smith (who has the best basketball mind on TNT, in my opinion) has said the same thing numerous times about Dirk, he's tough when compared to a lot of guys from outside the US.


Again-- saying the toughest international baller is like deciding what's less gay: sucking a dick or taking it up the ass. With a few exceptions, most Euros are pussies.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Postby mister bacon » 15 Jan 2006, 14:17

Okay I see your point now. I guess he is a tough overseas baller. Whatever that is worth..

But no where near as tough as Hakeem or Mt. Motumbo.

Man does not fly.. in the house of Motumbo.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mmutoni » 15 Jan 2006, 14:23

nasty nova wrote:
Again-- saying the toughest international baller is like deciding what's less gay: sucking a dick or taking it up the ass. With a few exceptions, most Euros are pussies.


I wouldn't have phrased it this way, but on the whole, yes, they are pussies but only because WE place value on these things. Overseas, being tough (macho) is basically meaningless. Diving is an accepted (and seemingly encouraged) part of international soccer, but the ones who do it are not crucified by fans and media (like they would be in north america), instead they're lionized for giving their respective teams a "winning edge".
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby nova » 15 Jan 2006, 14:26

mmutoni wrote:
nasty nova wrote:
Again-- saying the toughest international baller is like deciding what's less gay: sucking a dick or taking it up the ass. With a few exceptions, most Euros are pussies.


I wouldn't have phrased it this way, but on the whole, yes, they are pussies but only because WE place value on these things. Overseas, being tough (macho) is basically meaningless. Diving is an accepted (and seemingly encouraged) part of international soccer, but the ones who do it are not crucified by fans and media (like they would be in north america), instead they're lionized for giving their respective teams a "winning edge".


Who cares if they're praised for that in Euroland? Until the NBA expands over there, they're going to be held to America's standard of play, because it's our league.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Postby mister bacon » 15 Jan 2006, 14:26

Yeah well thats also what led to the policy of Appeasement and World War II. Then you need "macho" guys to come in and invade to come save your ass.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26401
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby mmutoni » 15 Jan 2006, 14:28

nasty nova wrote:
Who cares if they're praised for that in Euroland? Until the NBA expands over there, they're going to be held to America's standard of play, because it's our league.


Without a doubt. Hence the point of this thread (which inexplicably veered into a discussion about health care systems).
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 15 Jan 2006, 15:27

mister bacon wrote:Yeah well thats also what led to the policy of Appeasement and World War II. Then you need "macho" guys to come in and invade to come save your ass.


amen.. CAN I GET A TITTY FUCKING IN HERE!!!
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
User avatar
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 10:11
Location: Maine

Re: Toughest and Softest International Ballers

Postby Bleacher Creature » 16 Jan 2006, 02:18

Everyone forgot about the softest international baller...Frederick Weiss.

I would also add Marcej Lampe (sp?) and the rookie Martynas Andriuskivcus (sp?).


mmutoni wrote:Kenny Smith (who has the best basketball mind on TNT, in my opinion).


Arent there only a few other people that youre comparing him to?
[Sun 15:41] Frank the Tank: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
User avatar
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: 21 Aug 2005, 21:24

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 Jan 2006, 04:32

Just because he played the high post, was a great passer and had a nice mid-range jumper did not mean Sabonis was soft. He was pretty damned tough. if he had come to the NBA when he was younger, and hadn't suffered some major injuries (i think knees), he would have been amazing. slow, yes; soft, no way.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24986
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 16 Jan 2006, 14:50

nasty nova wrote:How the hell could you not remember Sabonis, but be versed in Bill Walton? IIRC, Sabonis just retired a few years ago.

With that said, Sabonis was 7'4" with above average passing skills and a good outside game...which usually translates into a soft as cashmere game.


ESPN Classic is a wonderful thing nova. That said, I obviously don't know for sure how great Bill Walton was, since I never saw him play, but from what I've seen from the Philly-Portland finals.

When Sabonis came into the NBA he was over 30 years old. If he had came into the league at 22 or younger, I think he could've developed into a solid, possibly all-star center. Thats a big maybe though.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
User avatar
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:39
Location: Bullets dodge me.

Postby mmutoni » 16 Jan 2006, 15:52

Sabonis would have been a great player in the League had he come to the States as a younger man. He showed enough flashes of brilliance as an old-ass man to warrant this belief.
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests