1-888-GSW-HOOP

Re: 1-888-GSW-HOOP

Postby JT99 » 06 Jul 2016, 12:47

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:No, this is worse. This is if Bron had signed with Boston and that Big3 were in their prime.

it's not, because the level of preening, ego and lack of self-awareness is nowhere close to what happened in miami. who knows, maybe it's shades of gray, maybe it's all media manipulation, maybe they're all cunts, but in no way does this rise to the level of miami.

What Rodney said.

I do not enjoy this development, but Lebron and the Miami crew were just so goddamned over the top. Plus, nowhere in this whole Golden State imbroglio is there a person as awful as Pat Riley.

Also, Dwyane Wade is a terrible person. If Riley wasn't involved he would be the worst person in the two organizations we're comparing, but Riley.

Lebron's decision and introduction were way over the top, yes. However, when the Heat took the court, they were pretty serious about their business and weren't very obnoxious (save for the coughing thing during the Finals against Dallas?).

The on-the-court Warriors will be five-10 times more annoying than that Heat team.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 06 Jul 2016, 12:48

JT99 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:No, this is worse. This is if Bron had signed with Boston and that Big3 were in their prime.

it's not, because the level of preening, ego and lack of self-awareness is nowhere close to what happened in miami. who knows, maybe it's shades of gray, maybe it's all media manipulation, maybe they're all cunts, but in no way does this rise to the level of miami.

What Rodney said.

I do not enjoy this development, but Lebron and the Miami crew were just so goddamned over the top. Plus, nowhere in this whole Golden State imbroglio is there a person as awful as Pat Riley.

Also, Dwyane Wade is a terrible person. If Riley wasn't involved he would be the worst person in the two organizations we're comparing, but Riley.

Lebron's decision and introduction were way over the top, yes. However, when the Heat took the court, they were pretty serious about their business and weren't very obnoxious (save for the coughing thing during the Finals against Dallas?).

The on-the-court Warriors will be five-10 times more annoying than that Heat team.

The on-the-court Warriors will be 5-10x times better than that Heat team.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby PhillyJim76 » 06 Jul 2016, 12:55

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

We need to define worse. A worse PR move? No, not even close. Nobody could look like bigger jackasses than the Miami Three. A worse competitive basketball move? Absolutely. Durant looks like a massive pussy in all this, and turned a fun to watch basketball team hateable to everyone outside of Oakland and Balls' basement.

^^^ this

And as someone else points out, GSW is gonna be a bunch of cocky FUCCBOIs next year. The whole country started rooting for Lebron by the end of the series!
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Jul 2016, 12:59

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

We need to define worse. A worse PR move? No, not even close. Nobody could look like bigger jackasses than the Miami Three. A worse competitive basketball move? Absolutely. Durant looks like a massive pussy in all this, and turned a fun to watch basketball team hateable to everyone outside of Oakland and Balls' basement.

well said, plus uno

PhillyJim76 wrote:And as someone else points out, GSW is gonna be a bunch of cocky FUCCBOIs next year. The whole country started rooting for Lebron by the end of the series!

I can't remember where I read it yesterday, but Bron gets to be the conquering hero and underdog all in one now.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Jul 2016, 13:07

we're not going to change each other's minds, but i don't see durant or GSW as hateable in this. we'll see once the games start. lebron was, is, and always will be a cunt.

in other news, i thought these two pieces were pretty interesting, one on how the stars aligned for GSW (granted that some of this seems a bit of a reach) and why durant moved in one year from staying to leaving.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 06 Jul 2016, 13:16

Rodney Farva wrote:we're not going to change each other's minds, but i don't see durant or GSW as hateable in this. we'll see once the games start. lebron was, is, and always will be a cunt.

in other news, i thought these two pieces were pretty interesting, one on how the stars aligned for GSW (granted that some of this seems a bit of a reach) and why durant moved in one year from staying to leaving.

That second article by Royce Young...that's a direct response by the Thunder for the Howard Beck article on Bleacher Report earlier that day.

Like, Durant's camp sent out the anti-Westbrook shit, so somebody in the Thunder organization gave him the old "Fuck me? No, fuck you!"

Royce was obviously working on that article on Monday if you followed his radio silence on Twitter after the announcement, but some of that info had to have come after the Beck article was published.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Jul 2016, 13:17

YOU PEOPLE hating on someone for exercising his FREEDOM & LIBERTY to work for an employer of his choosing is weird.

Ray Allen coming out of retirement to play for the vet's minimum too - when GSW lose the Finals 4-2 to Drummond & the Pistons I will HOL & HOL.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Jul 2016, 13:19

People blasted LeBron for trying to win a title with Wade and Bosh. Hell, I did. But even then, LeBron never joined a team this good. KD handled it way better than LeBron did, no question, but for on court sensibilities, this is a million times worse. Like Kit said.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Jul 2016, 13:23

JichaelDick wrote:People blasted LeBron for trying to win a title with Wade and Bosh. Hell, I did. But even then, LeBron never joined a team this good. KD handled it way better than LeBron did, no question, but for on court sensibilities, this is a million times worse. Like Kit said.

people blasted bron because he was such a cockbag about it. without The Decision and "taking my talents" and all that shit, people were not going to be giving him anywhere near the same level of grief.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 06 Jul 2016, 13:24

Rodney Farva wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:People blasted LeBron for trying to win a title with Wade and Bosh. Hell, I did. But even then, LeBron never joined a team this good. KD handled it way better than LeBron did, no question, but for on court sensibilities, this is a million times worse. Like Kit said.

people blasted bron because he was such a cockbag about it. without The Decision and "taking my talents" and all that shit, people were not going to be giving him anywhere near the same level of grief.

I think you underestimate how much white America hates Lebron James.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Jul 2016, 13:29

Rodney Farva wrote:

Bron couldn't even come up with the "taking my talents..." schtick:

#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Jul 2016, 15:25

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

I think you underestimate how much white America hates Lebron James.

we do? i mean...we did, but i think white america is pretty solidly on board the bron train right now. we'll obviously flip again if he fails to adequately tip a bellhop and it's revealed on facebook, but right now i think he's fairly beloved.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Jul 2016, 15:36

There's still a good chunk of white society that hates LeBron still. I was the only person at my grandparents' house rooting for Cleveland in Game 7, actually. And Farva clearly hates him, although that's more white India, I guess.

LeBron definitely handled the move horribly. I've never argued that. But he seems to have matured from that decision, and to KD's credit, he handled the departure to GSW like LeBron did going back to Cleveland. But as an on-court entity, the Warriors are a much, much more formidable team on paper than the Wade-James-Bosh Miami team was this time six years ago.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Jew Jitsu » 06 Jul 2016, 15:59

Lebron is more hated because he was and is a way better player than Durant could ever dream of being. The difference between them two is like shaq vs. Ewing
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 06 Jul 2016, 16:00

Jew Jitsu wrote:Lebron is more hated because he was and is a way better player than Durant could ever dream of being. The difference between them two is like shaq vs. Ewing

The more Sports Guy appropriate comparison is Hakeem vs. David Robinson.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to NBA