1-888-GSW-HOOP

1-888-GSW-HOOP

Postby Snake » 03 Nov 2005, 02:57

I'm sure that I will be the only one posting here so I'm claiming an exemption from the double posting rule, as this will be my space to keep everyone abreast on the future Pacific Division Champion Golden State Warriors. I was at the game tonite, hopefully the first of many that I will attend this year, and this has to be the deepest team I've ever seen. The only thing that can fuck this team over is a Baron Davis injury (oh shit wait he left in the 3rd quarter tonite not to return. FUCK, oh well he'll be back in a few games I'm sure). Also, Mike Dunleavy is terrible. Absolutely horrible. Signing him to a contract extension with a genuine stud like Pietrus on the bench is like the Steelers giving Tommy Maddox a huge pay raise after drafting Big Ben, except that Dunleavy is worse than Maddox by a lot. Anyway, enjoy my thoughts and feel free to check in with your Warriors related observations, and when they win the division and make a run in the playoffs we can all remember where it started.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Nov 2005, 08:44

This is only slightly less misguided than me picking the Gamecocks to win the Pacific Division.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 03 Nov 2005, 08:51

As much as I think Snake is blinded by homerism, is it really that insane to think they could win this division? The Lakers will barely be a playoff team, the Clippers are the Clippers, Phoenix will miss Amare, and Sacramento's window is closed now. It's not likely that GS will win the divison, but it's certainly not out of the question either.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mister bacon » 03 Nov 2005, 12:23

Baron Davis is a bitch ass pussy.

How's that for a reason?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Big Scary Monster » 03 Nov 2005, 13:57

You still sharing tix with anyone who comes into town, Snake?
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Snake » 03 Nov 2005, 20:43

For the SaberCats. I don't have tix for anything else yet lol. Baron Davis is no more a bitch ass pussy than Bonzi Wells.

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Snake » 06 Nov 2005, 03:39

Damn, what a weak ass showing last nite. But I'm here when they lose just as strong as I'm here when they win. Yeah they were listless, yeah the offense was disjointed, but frankly if you miss 16 free throws and shoot 37% on a night that you only lose by 6 against a solid team that shows something. Not much, and they can't do it again, but as bad as they played they were in the game.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Bleacher Creature » 07 Nov 2005, 00:46

Snake, I watched the Warriors play the Knicks today and I wasn't too impressed. The only reason they won was because they played the Knicks. This team has no chance of winning the Pacific division. Pietrus does look like a real stud and you were right about Dunleavy, he fucking sucks.
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby Snake » 07 Nov 2005, 02:17

Nice win for my boys today. Not much new to add except that as much as I love Adonal Foyle, and I do (he might be the smartest, most educated, and most generous guy in the entire league) he is probably the least athletic player in the game. It's almost sad watching Baron make some ridiculous move in the air to get the ball to Adonal open under the basket at which point Foyle bobbles it, then blows the layup but gets fouled, then misses both free throws. When Diogu gets back and Biedrins gets healthy there is a very real possibility that Foyle will become yet another expensive big man who never plays. Damn I wish the Warriors were in the Eastern Conference.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 07 Nov 2005, 08:52

You're not actually planning to keep this updated for the entire season. Are you?
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Theny » 07 Nov 2005, 09:52

Snake wrote: Damn I wish the Warriors were in the Eastern Conference.

Apparently you haven't noticed that the Eastern Conference has gotten much, much, much, better in the last two seasons, to the point where some people are even saying the Eastern Conference is better than the West. What division would they dominate in the East? Maybe they would be top 3 in the Atlantic? They'd get their asses kicked in the Central or Southeast divisions.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Snake » 07 Nov 2005, 15:01

East Coast Bias in the media is the only possible reason anyone could think the East is in the same league as the West in the NBA. The Warriors beat the Knicks shooting under 40% from the field, and the Knicks were considered an Eastern Conference playoff team before the season by most. I could break it all down, but frankly at worst the Warriors are the 4th best team in the East behind the Big 3, they are better than anyone else in the conference. And yes, I will update this thread after every Warriors game I am able to watch.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Theny » 07 Nov 2005, 15:06

Definitely at the bottom the west is better, but 3 of the best 4 teams in the NBA are in the East. That's really saying something. Also, I think Philly, Cleveland, and Milwaukee are at least better than GS.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Snake » 07 Nov 2005, 15:13

Milwaukee maybe, though they have things left to prove (especially considering how injury prone two of their main cogs, T.J. Ford and Jamaal Magliore, are of late). Philadelphia? Hell no. Cleveland? LeBron keeps them in every game, but Larry Hughes is Larry Hughes and no one knows that better than Warriors fans. Also, the Warriors are 10 deep (and soon to be 11 or 12 when Diogu gets healthy and Miles develops a bit more), though I guess you have to subtract one from that considering Dunleavey. None of the 3 teams you mentioned is even close to that deep. The Warriors weakness is that they need Baron to make it all work, but how is that different from Cleveland (with LeBron), Philly (with AI), LA (Kobe), or Seattle (Ray Allen)?

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Theny » 07 Nov 2005, 15:17

Snake wrote: The Warriors weakness is that they need Baron to make it all work, but how is that different from Cleveland (with LeBron), Philly (with AI), LA (Kobe), or Seattle (Ray Allen)?

Well, LeBron, AI, Kobe, and RayRay aren't nearly as injury prone as Black Teen Wolf. That's why.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to NBA