Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby TAbbott » 13 Aug 2005, 13:17

I found this gem in an email I received from the Celtics:


Ricky Davis is looking for you...
-----------------------------
Celtics guard Ricky Davis is giving away full sets of 2005-06 season tickets to the most passionate and dedicated Boston Celtics and Ricky Davis fans he can find. If you think you can prove to Ricky why you deserve to win his tickets, submit an entry describing why you are a Ricky Davis and Boston Celtics fan, including a suggestion of what Ricky should name his new fan section in the TD Banknorth Garden. Selected entrants will be chosen to come and "audition" for Ricky, so be sure to check your inbox for further instructions from the Celtics and Ricky. Good luck.

Send us your entry: RickyTickets@celtics.com



I have no doubt in my mind that the winner of this contest will be an 18-25 year old well endowed female with questionable moral ethics. I'm sure it wasn't intended that way, but the whole thing reads just a little creepy to me.
"If he played defense, were a little more athletic, and didn't have diabetes, he'd be a lock for the number 1 pick." - Chad Ford on Adam Morrison
User avatar
TAbbott
Czar-like official
 
Posts: 459
Joined: 11 Nov 2004, 10:17
Location: Illinois

Postby mister bacon » 13 Aug 2005, 16:18

I can guarantee you that this idea emerged out of a smoke session while watching BET.

Why? Cause I woulda thought of the same damn thing.. bastard!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26349
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby jwill » 15 Aug 2005, 09:22

Maybe his fan section will end up being named "whore island."
User avatar
jwill
Reverend Lovejoy
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 22:27

Postby TheDooze » 16 Aug 2005, 09:15

"Whore Island" would be a great theme park.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 17:46

Postby mister bacon » 16 Aug 2005, 11:19

Man Dooze, your bringing the Unfunny today Dooze. Go to bed, and come back when you bring any sort of Sense of humor.. please. Your killing me.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26349
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Sep 2017, 20:08

TheWolf wrote:D: Your 5 least-hated Boston athletes of your lifetime.

I'm excluding anybody who went on to star for NY teams.

5 - Ricky Davis - Completely indefensible as a player. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed his career. Wasn't half bad for a while.
4 - David Pastrnak - Grew up half an hour from DtheVille. Cool story.
3 - Manny Ramirez - I mean I kind of hated him, but as a native New Yorker, who did nothing to mask his contempt for the shittiness of Boston, that's something. Had to put a Red Sock on the list, and everyone else can pretty much die in a fire.
2 - Willie O'Ree - It must have really stung, all those hilarious and clever taunts from Greg Kite Sr. Tru pioneer who paved the way for this. I know he's not really my lifetime, but he is still alive. This isn't an easy assignment IMO.
1 - Jesus Shuttlesworth - A no-brainer if ever there was one.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby TheWolf » 27 Sep 2017, 20:27

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:D: Your 5 least-hated Boston athletes of your lifetime.

I'm excluding anybody who went on to star for NY teams.

5 - Ricky Davis - Completely indefensible as a player. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed his career. Wasn't half bad for a while.
4 - David Pastrnak - Grew up half an hour from DtheVille. Cool story.
3 - Manny Ramirez - I mean I kind of hated him, but as a native New Yorker, who did nothing to mask his contempt for the shittiness of Boston, that's something. Had to put a Red Sock on the list, and everyone else can pretty much die in a fire.
2 - Willie O'Ree - It must have really stung, all those hilarious and clever taunts from Greg Kite Sr. Tru pioneer who paved the way for this. I know he's not really my lifetime, but he is still alive. This isn't an easy assignment IMO.
1 - Jesus Shuttlesworth - A no-brainer if ever there was one.


I didn't expect it to be an easy assignment, which was kinda the point. You gave it your best effort, which is all I can ask for.

Glad to see Manny make the list. I'm obviously biased, but he just seems like the kind of goofy loveable SOB that even opposing fans can't actually HATE, even if they hate what he does against them.

I honestly had no idea where you'd go with this list, and didn't have a single name in mind that I expected you to include. #1 should have been obvious, doe. Shame on me.

The other ass I considered giving you was the top 5 American pro athletes (no hockey players allowed cause that seems too easy) from former Soviet states. But I honestly don't know if there are 5 I've heard of so I decided against that cause I didn't think I'd enjoy the list as much. Feel free to tackle that ass if it interests you at all.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Rodney Farva » 27 Sep 2017, 20:32

TheWolf wrote:The other ass I considered giving you was the top 5 American pro athletes (no hockey players allowed cause that seems too easy) from former Soviet states.


1. Arvydas
2-5. Nyet
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24977
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Sep 2017, 20:40

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:D: Your 5 least-hated Boston athletes of your lifetime.

I'm excluding anybody who went on to star for NY teams.

5 - Ricky Davis - Completely indefensible as a player. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed his career. Wasn't half bad for a while.
4 - David Pastrnak - Grew up half an hour from DtheVille. Cool story.
3 - Manny Ramirez - I mean I kind of hated him, but as a native New Yorker, who did nothing to mask his contempt for the shittiness of Boston, that's something. Had to put a Red Sock on the list, and everyone else can pretty much die in a fire.
2 - Willie O'Ree - It must have really stung, all those hilarious and clever taunts from Greg Kite Sr. Tru pioneer who paved the way for this. I know he's not really my lifetime, but he is still alive. This isn't an easy assignment IMO.
1 - Jesus Shuttlesworth - A no-brainer if ever there was one.


I didn't expect it to be an easy assignment, which was kinda the point. You gave it your best effort, which is all I can ask for.

Glad to see Manny make the list. I'm obviously biased, but he just seems like the kind of goofy loveable SOB that even opposing fans can't actually HATE, even if they hate what he does against them.

I honestly had no idea where you'd go with this list, and didn't have a single name in mind that I expected you to include. #1 should have been obvious, doe. Shame on me.

The other ass I considered giving you was the top 5 American pro athletes (no hockey players allowed cause that seems too easy) from former Soviet states. But I honestly don't know if there are 5 I've heard of so I decided against that cause I didn't think I'd enjoy the list as much. Feel free to tackle that ass if it interests you at all.

TY. Yeah, I know some fans feel that way about Manny, but a lot of Yankees fans or anti-Red Sox types legit hated him and I can understand that.

As for RayRay, he was kind of the stereotypical "good Celtic" on that uber-hateable team. It was a no-brainer for me, but I wouldn't expect you to have thought of it in advance, even if it seems obvious in retrospect.

The Soviet State thing, excluding hockey, pretty much leaves a smattering of NBA players. I don't know how much entertainment value you'd all get out of me ranking Sabonis/Kirilenko/Porzingis/Pachulia/Mozgov, but I could do it if it is the supreme will of the working people.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby mister bacon » 27 Sep 2017, 20:42

Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:The other ass I considered giving you was the top 5 American pro athletes (no hockey players allowed cause that seems too easy) from former Soviet states.


1. Arvydas
2-5. Nyet


do poles count? because..

Image
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26349
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby mj3528 » 27 Sep 2017, 20:43

Z is made you didn't mention him.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Rodney Farva » 27 Sep 2017, 20:45

mister bacon wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:The other ass I considered giving you was the top 5 American pro athletes (no hockey players allowed cause that seems too easy) from former Soviet states.


1. Arvydas
2-5. Nyet


do poles count? because..

Image


poland wasn't part of the soviet union.

Image
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24977
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby TheWolf » 27 Sep 2017, 20:48

I literally couldn't think of a single one outside the NHL and NBA, which is why I ended up scrapping that assignment. But I figured I'd mention it in case there were some dudes I never heard of and you wanted to take a deep dive; it seemed like the kind of obscure thing you'd be a good candidate to come up with if there was such a list. And maybe a nice opportunity to make all us dumb Americans feel dumb for not even knowing who was in the Soviet Union because we're dumb. :mrgreen:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Sep 2017, 20:52

mj3528 wrote:Z is made you didn't mention him.

I was limiting it to one per country, and there's no way he's beating Sabonis to represent Lithuania.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Attention Ricky Davis groupies

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Sep 2017, 20:55

Nikolai Volkoff, obviously.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Next

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest