A-Rod is a gay freak

Re: A-Rod is a gay freak

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 30 Apr 2009, 08:48

selena roberts's new book. doesn't seem very credible to me but at least she'll make alot of money i guess....
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Apr 2009, 09:15

Untouchable wrote:selena roberts's new book. doesn't seem very credible to me but at least she'll make alot of money i guess....

They were talking about it on Mike & Mike this morning. The point Olney and the Mikes were agreeing upon is that in this day and age, post Game of Shadows, there have been so many books written on steroid use that have grade-A research that you really need to be able to document the shit out of your facts. If Roberts has done this, then great. If this is nothing but unsubstantiated allegations, even if they're eventually shown to be true, then it's going to be a waste of trees to print this thing.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Apr 2009, 09:51

I like Game of Shadows. Its maybe the only book Ive ever read that I actually liked.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Apr 2009, 09:57

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I like Game of Shadows. Its maybe the only book Ive ever read that I actually liked.

At least until the Guess Her Muff coffee table book comes out.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Apr 2009, 10:01

Frank the Tank wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I like Game of Shadows. Its maybe the only book Ive ever read that I actually liked.

At least until the Guess Her Muff coffee table book comes out.

Maybe, but that site is a little too 'personal' and disgusting...
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Teen Wolf » 30 Apr 2009, 14:58

Untouchable wrote:selena roberts's new book. doesn't seem very credible to me but at least she'll make alot of money i guess....

Yeah... ESPN is reporting that Roberts is claiming that A-Rod's bench press jumped from 100-310lbs in a six month period in high school. I'm going to go out on a limb and call bullshit on that one.
The ridiculous and unreasonable weight increase aside, does Roberts know what it would take to load 310 lbs on a bench press? On each side of the bar you would have 2 45lbs, 1 35lb, 1 5lb, 1 2.5lb. Seriously? A-Rod broke out the 2.5s to get to 310 when he could have gone for 315 with a simple 3 plates? Spend some time in the gym and you will NEVER see somebody lifting 310.
Teen Wolf
Pink Helmet

Postby mister bacon » 01 May 2009, 07:52

Teen Wolf wrote:

Yeah... ESPN is reporting that Roberts is claiming that A-Rod's bench press jumped from 100-310lbs in a six month period in high school. I'm going to go out on a limb and call bullshit on that one.
The ridiculous and unreasonable weight increase aside, does Roberts know what it would take to load 310 lbs on a bench press? On each side of the bar you would have 2 45lbs, 1 35lb, 1 5lb, 1 2.5lb. Seriously? A-Rod broke out the 2.5s to get to 310 when he could have gone for 315 with a simple 3 plates? Spend some time in the gym and you will NEVER see somebody lifting 310.

totally disagree. you will see someone lifting 310 if they can't put up 315. when you are benching, small amounts of weight make an enormous difference.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2009, 10:26

mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

totally disagree. you will see someone lifting 310 if they can't put up 315. when you are benching, small amounts of weight make an enormous difference.

Especially if its a bunch of high school kids seeing what their absolute max on the bench is, every little bit counts.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Teen Wolf » 01 May 2009, 11:11

Briandean79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

Especially if its a bunch of high school kids seeing what their absolute max on the bench is, every little bit counts.

You go straight to 315, that way you can just tell people you can bench 3 plates. 310 is a bogus number.
Teen Wolf
Pink Helmet

Postby Durden » 01 May 2009, 11:55

Teen Wolf wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

You go straight to 315, that way you can just tell people you can bench 3 plates. 310 is a bogus number.

i agree. you have a spotter anyway. there's no way you're that close to 3 plates and don't just go for it.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Teen Wolf » 01 May 2009, 12:57

Durden wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

i agree. you have a spotter anyway. there's no way you're that close to 3 plates and don't just go for it.

I think the last weight I used the 2.5s for was when I was going for 250 or maybe 300. It is one thing if you are going for a nice round number like 250 or 300, but to bust out the 2.5s for 310 when 3 plates is 315 is inexplicable.
Teen Wolf
Pink Helmet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2009, 13:00

I warm up with 315.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby the cheese » 01 May 2009, 13:34

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I warm up with 315.

I bench 315...with my dick.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 01 May 2009, 23:52

Durden wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

of course, but guys miss and then try to go for 310 hit it and then miss at 315 again. i seen it happen before.
on another note, if this pitch tipping allegation is true.. god damn. thats some fucked up shit. sacrificing a teammates numbers so you can get some more balls to hit and pump up your own? if someone did that shit on my team i would knock him the fuck out.

it would go a long way to explaining his proclivity to hitting dingers in pointless end of game situations, though...
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Durden » 02 May 2009, 10:32

mister bacon wrote:
Durden wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Teen Wolf wrote:

of course, but guys miss and then try to go for 310 hit it and then miss at 315 again. i seen it happen before.

got me there. i haven't seen it, and probably won't now that i'm older, but i could easily picture that king of scenario playing out that way.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to MLB