Cal Ripken Gives Raineman14 an Erection (O's blow)

Cal Ripken Gives Raineman14 an Erection (O's blow)

Postby mandingo » 02 May 2005, 23:12

Are the Orioles a legitimate contender or will they collapse when their bats cool off? I can't imagine Bruce Chen and Sidney Ponson are going to lead the O's to the promised land. Discuss
[Fri 15:59] Rickey Sez: call me "sex bomb", please.
mandingo
Pink Helmet

Postby JohnnyDamon » 02 May 2005, 23:13

My theory is, Rodrigo Lopez and Chen weren't terrible pitchers, and Ponson has some good stuff in him. I do think the O's are legit. Remember, the Cardinals won the NL last year with JEFF SUPPAN as their #1 starter.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Parker45 » 02 May 2005, 23:20

I would love to chime in on this, but as the only Orioles fan on the board, I regret to the fact I would be highly biased in any comment or thought about my Birds.

Awww what the hell. Sure they're legit. Why not? They have a great offense and a YOUNG pitching staff that is getting better. The only reason I could possibly see them not being AS legit would be because they are stuck in the same division as the Yanks and Sox.

It's early, but I think we may have finally pulled ourselves together. Eight years has been long enough to be out of first place.

Plus, as long as Sammy Sosa and Brian Roberts stay on the juice, anything's possible. Right guys?!?!?
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Scoring Machine » 02 May 2005, 23:46

Yeah why not??? Remember those Texas Stranger teams with Pudge and Igor?? They had no real pitching to speak of as far as depth was concerned and they still made the playoffs.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2005, 07:22

I legitimately fear the Orioles this season, but they'll certainly cool off at some point. They're not going to finish 118-42 (which is about what they're on pace for). The question is do they cool off to 102 wins or do they cool off to 90?
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dunking Donut » 03 May 2005, 09:13

When Sidney Ponson is your #1 guy...well, Sidney Ponson is your # 1 guy. He's not gonna win 20+ games. He won't win 17 games.

Brian Roberts will cool down.

Winning games with offense alone won't get you to the promised land. See Red Sox 1919 - 2003.

The Yanks and the Sox haven't gotten rolling yet and there's a long way to go. Orioles will finish 3rd in the division.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Tecmo Bo » 03 May 2005, 09:44

Are the O's legit? You've gotta be kidding, right?
They got off to a hot start last year as well, they were 17-13 on May 13th. Their bats are great, but not THAT great and their starting pitching is, frankly, skanktacular. Ponson? Chen? Lopez? They'll be back in 3d or 4th by the end of the season, as usual.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2005, 10:02

I would not be surprised if the Sox and Yanks both caught the O's, but no way do they slip to fourth this year. They're legitimately improved over last season, and I don't see them losing more than 75 games under any circumstances. They should beat Toronto by at least eight games.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Tecmo Bo » 03 May 2005, 10:18

The only difference between Toronto and Baltimore right now is Toronto isn't playing way over their heads. I like Toronto's pitching a lot better, especially Halladay and bush, and their offense isn't too bad either. Baltimore has a better pen but I think that' balanced by the difference in the Starters. They'll be closer than 8 games at the end of the season.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2005, 11:54

Tecmo Bo wrote:The only difference between Toronto and Baltimore right now is Toronto isn't playing way over their heads.

Baloney. I call shenaningans. Their lineup is orders of magnitude better than Toronto's. I realize they don't have Tom Brady in the lineup, but they're still a really good club. I'll take Baltimore Wins -7.5 over Toronto Wins this season for $20 if you're interested.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Tecmo Bo » 03 May 2005, 12:36

Shenanigans? Begorah! Will you be assailing me with your shillelagh next? I'd feel bad taking yer money there Mr. McTank, why don't we just put it on the board and we'll see which of us be right and which of us be taking a bit too much o' the black stuff come Samhain...
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2005, 12:44

No no no, now you have to answer if you accept this decree of shenanigans. If shenanigans are accepted we all grab brooms.

Alright, put it on the board. We need a thread of SOTSG bets (in fact I'll go start one). Put it in the running Tecmo Bo vs. Frank the Tank score. Winner gets to put the score in his sig if he so chooses. The score may not be fudged.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Tecmo Bo » 03 May 2005, 12:47

A pint o' the black and tan and the score in the signature line for the term of a month. Some of us like to change our signature on a regular basis.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 May 2005, 12:48

Tecmo Bo wrote:A pint o' the black and tan and the score in the signature line for the term of a month. Some of us like to change our signature on a regular basis.

Agreed.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 03 May 2005, 14:22

Half of the o's are legit. They're offense is simply amazing, and could rival last year's st. louis cardinals. You have Brian Roberts (probably a 30-30 guy maybe 40-40), Melvin Mora who has six homers, miguel tejada who so far is maybe the AL MVP, javy lopez one of the top 5 catchers, sammy sosa and raffy two 500 homer members, and jay gibbons a 100 rbi man from two years ago.

But, their pitching has little substance. At least their starting pitching. Rodrigo Lopez and Sidney Ponson are the only ones who have had any success, and while I buy Lopez, Ponson simply is a retard. Their bullpen though is extrememly good.

The O's win 90 games this year and barely make the wild card. They end up losing in the first round of the playoffs.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Next

Return to MLB