Steroid Subpoenas

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2005, 15:25

Mark McGuire looked guilty as sin yesterday. He's going down.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mandingo » 18 Mar 2005, 15:26

Rich people don't write checks
[Fri 15:59] Rickey Sez: call me "sex bomb", please.
mandingo
Pink Helmet

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2005, 15:34

"Straight Cash Homie"
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mandingo » 18 Mar 2005, 15:46

I predict a tearful McGwire apology for his steroid use at some point in the near future. It was painful to watch him squirm and explain that he wasn't there "to talk about the past". I do wish Barry Bonds had been there, to explain the vagaries of hat sizes and such.

"Can we say you played with honesty and integrity," during your time in the major leagues, Rep. William Lacy Clay of Missouri asked McGwire at one point.

"Like I said. I'm not going to talk about the past," McGwire said
[Fri 15:59] Rickey Sez: call me "sex bomb", please.
mandingo
Pink Helmet

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Mar 2005, 15:48

Crash and burn baby, crash and burn.

The Maris family must be grateful.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 19 Mar 2005, 02:25

mandingo wrote:I predict a tearful McGwire apology for his steroid use at some point in the near future. It was painful to watch him squirm and explain that he wasn't there "to talk about the past". I do wish Barry Bonds had been there, to explain the vagaries of hat sizes and such.

He'd probably insist that his hat size was irrelevant, that it hadn't changed, and even if it had he's just an entertainer with a big head, a big head isn't going to help him hit a baseball.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Re:

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Jul 2012, 20:29

mandingo wrote:I predict a tearful McGwire apology for his steroid use at some point in the near future. It was painful to watch him squirm and explain that he wasn't there "to talk about the past".

Nice.

Some good work in this thread. Excellent job by some weirdo named JohnnyDamon defending David Ortiz.

Oops.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: Steroid Subpoenas

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Aug 2014, 22:18

I notice Cano has 8 HRs...on pace for 11 if he gets hot. Seattle must be thrilled.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Jul 2015, 11:59

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 27 Apr 2016, 02:11

ctz31 wrote:Fake Arrieta comes here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/bob-nightengale/2016/04/26/mlb-jake-arrieta-contract-steroids-cubs/83551730/

“I’ve heard players, and I’m talking about some of the best players in the league,’’ Arrieta told USA TODAY Sports, “question whether I’ve taken steroids or not. Some of the things I hear are pretty funny, and some people are idiots, frankly.

“I’ll see on Twitter, ‘My close source revealed to me he’s on steroids.’ Well, the 10 tests I take a year say otherwise. I eat plants. I eat lean meat. I work out. And I do things the right way.

“If there are guys still on it, I hope they get caught. I care about the integrity of the game. I wouldn’t want to disappoint my family, my friends, my fans. That’s a huge motivating factor in doing it the right way.

Ya, no guys that have done steroids have ever come out with a hot take like that before. :^o

At this point, what percentage of fans do you guys think actually care about steroids? I'd be surprised if it is above 50. I think most guys are taking things that help their performance, and where the line is drawn between legal supplements and illegal supplements is arbitrary and grey. At the same time, there are always new drugs that are one step ahead of what is being tested for, so anyone that wants to use and is smart about it can juice for years and never get caught. Honestly I don't care. Just have guys that throw 105 mph and guys that hit 60 HRs and baseball is more entertaining.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Apr 2016, 03:51

Baseball hasn't been interesting since Sosa and McGwire.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 27 Apr 2016, 08:14

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Fake Arrieta comes here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/bob-nightengale/2016/04/26/mlb-jake-arrieta-contract-steroids-cubs/83551730/

“I’ve heard players, and I’m talking about some of the best players in the league,’’ Arrieta told USA TODAY Sports, “question whether I’ve taken steroids or not. Some of the things I hear are pretty funny, and some people are idiots, frankly.

“I’ll see on Twitter, ‘My close source revealed to me he’s on steroids.’ Well, the 10 tests I take a year say otherwise. I eat plants. I eat lean meat. I work out. And I do things the right way.

“If there are guys still on it, I hope they get caught. I care about the integrity of the game. I wouldn’t want to disappoint my family, my friends, my fans. That’s a huge motivating factor in doing it the right way.

Ya, no guys that have done steroids have ever come out with a hot take like that before. :^o

At this point, what percentage of fans do you guys think actually care about steroids? I'd be surprised if it is above 50. I think most guys are taking things that help their performance, and where the line is drawn between legal supplements and illegal supplements is arbitrary and grey. At the same time, there are always new drugs that are one step ahead of what is being tested for, so anyone that wants to use and is smart about it can juice for years and never get caught. Honestly I don't care. Just have guys that throw 105 mph and guys that hit 60 HRs and baseball is more entertaining.

I don't care at all. I just like making predictions when i know they will come to fulfillment down the line, and then bringing them up ad nauseam on this messagebored. Like Arrieta is a roid freak, DTD is going to be an injury prone bust, and JP Losman will one day lead us to the promised land.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby TheWolf » 27 Apr 2016, 09:49

I havne't cared about steroids for a long time. Use them, don't use them, who gives a fuck. Just be fun to watch. My only beef with steroids at this point is that every single fucking time someone gets unexpectedly good (Arrieta being a prime current example), I have to hear all this "he's obviously on something" nonsense non-fucking-stop. Who cares? Just watch the damn games, people.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Apr 2016, 09:55

i don't like when people respond to steroid accusations with a "I play the right way and respect the game" response. Triggers the Palmeiro response in my brain and i immediately don't believe them. I'd prefer a 'no comment' with a fuck you look at the reporter. however, none if it matters since PEDs are everywhere now. i think i believe some of the guys who say stuff was accidentally in their supplements.

that was a lot of tangents in a row but i'm gonna leave it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to MLB