Chicago Cubs
54%
Cleveland Indians
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: 2016 World Series - Cubs versus Indians

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Nov 2016, 14:51

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:The price for a commercial tonight is $500k for 30 seconds.

Twitter claims there will be several commercials from both candidates. There was one from Hillary last night featuring just things Trump said, the commercial was PG13 at the minimum.

Any idea what the ratings for this game could be? Gotta figure this will be one of the most watched baseball games of all time given the possible history.

Depends on whether or not it's close but you have to assume this will set the record if it's close.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Nov 2016, 14:56

TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Twitter claims there will be several commercials from both candidates. There was one from Hillary last night featuring just things Trump said, the commercial was PG13 at the minimum.

Any idea what the ratings for this game could be? Gotta figure this will be one of the most watched baseball games of all time given the possible history.

Depends on whether or not it's close but you have to assume this will set the record if it's close.

All time record is 1986 Game 7 OF COURSE:
The highest-rated individual game in Series history was Game 7 in 1986, as the New York Mets defeated the Boston Red Sox at Shea Stadium in New York City. The game had a 38.9 national rating and a 55 share. This broke the record established two nights before, in which 52% of televisions in use in the US were tuned in to see the Mets' famous Game 6 comeback that forced a Game 7.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Nov 2016, 14:57

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

The highest-rated individual game in Series history was Game 7 in 1986, as the New York Mets defeated the Boston Red Sox at Shea Stadium in New York City. The game had a 38.9 national rating and a 55 share. This broke the record established two nights before, in which 52% of televisions in use in the US were tuned in to see the Mets' famous Game 6 comeback that forced a Game 7.

It will not break the recird but will be the highest MLB rating in the 21st century
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Nov 2016, 15:01

TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

It will not break the recird but will be the highest MLB rating in the 21st century

Yeah--there's no way over 55% of tvs in the US will be watching that game tonight. It should do at least better than 2014's game 7 (23.5mm viewers). If the Yanks or Sox were going against the Cubs--now we're talking.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 02 Nov 2016, 22:10

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Yeah--there's no way over 55% of tvs in the US will be watching that game tonight. It should do at least better than 2014's game 7 (23.5mm viewers). If the Yanks or Sox were going against the Cubs--now we're talking.

How about Lakers - Celtics?
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2016, 06:53

The better team won but Jesus Christ Joe Maddon is a dipshit. Took out Hendricks and Lester way too early. Put in a clearly spent Chapman. But whatever, man, he drinks wine.

Also, BIG fan of the armchair SJWs taking glee in Chapman's implosion, as if they wouldn't be sucking his monstrous black weenie if he pitched for their team.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2016, 07:06

Gregs Kite wrote:The better team won but Jesus Christ Joe Maddon is a dipshit. Took out Hendricks and Lester way too early. Put in a clearly spent Chapman. But whatever, man, he drinks wine.

Also, BIG fan of the armchair SJWs taking glee in Chapman's implosion, as if they wouldn't be sucking his monstrous black weenie if he pitched for their team.

TBF, a small contingent of Yankees fans continuously booed Chapman. Most are full of shit doe.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Nov 2016, 07:18

Gregs Kite wrote:The better team won but Jesus Christ Joe Maddon is a dipshit. Took out Hendricks and Lester way too early. Put in a clearly spent Chapman. But whatever, man, he drinks wine.

The Hendricks move was questionable for a couple reasons--1, he was cruising along and should've gotten the third strike call to get out of the inning, and 2, brining in Lester in the middle of an inning went against everything he had said pregame about Lester's usage. Why bring a starter into a game in the middle of an inning? Everyone on earth knew Lester would work better coming into a fresh inning.

And Chapman--hoo boy he was completely gassed last night but somehow got through and vultured a win out of the whole debacle. Really shouldn't have been that close at the end.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Nov 2016, 08:43

What a game. I'm amazed the Indians are as good as they are with the injuries they've had. Hope they can plug a few holes this winter (always a worthwhile goal) and get back. Fun team to watch. Lindor is one of my new favorite players.

Had about a hundred heart attacks. Was just wandering around my living room tidying up by the 10th. Constant pacing. The Davis home run was sadly predictable. Chapman was obviously spent. Crazy that 98 mph is spent, but he just wasn't there. I still wonder if it was his ankle more than his arm. I thought they were dead in the bottom of the 9th. Just would have been such a Cubs moment to have the life sucked out of them like that.

Scary thing is that the Series played out basically as I expected as a whole after they went down 3-1. Felt very confident in their matchups in games 5 and 6 and knew last night would be a crapshoot. Both of these teams should be in contention next year.

Random thoughts:
I spent an hour at the bar after work saying that I thought if they didn't bring someone in, they should give Edwards a look at closer. Well, I guess he has been in the most high pressure situation possible now.

Some current and former SOTSGers were blowing up my phone for most of the game but I was too comatose to reply.

The mic'ed up segment with Rizzo and Ross was awesome.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Nov 2016, 08:48

Speaking of David Ross...

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Nov 2016, 08:51

dick2dick. noice!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2016, 08:54

CourtesyFlush wrote:Speaking of David Ross...

I know what you're thinking, ctz, but don't go pulling this on those old dagos at boch. You'll shatter their hips.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 03 Nov 2016, 08:55

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Speaking of David Ross...

I know what you're thinking, ctz, but don't go pulling this on those old dagos at boch. You'll shatter their hips.

I've been telling youse faggots /hatecrime for years that baseball players are soooo gay. Where do you think i used to see so much of 9.5? The locker room!
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby TVF wannabe » 03 Nov 2016, 09:10

Maddon tried to screw it up (not literally) and definitely overthought it. The rain delay ultimately helped the Cubs; the Indians should have taken Shaw out and they got to recalibrate.

Had that game been in Wrigley,I dont think the Cubs could have recovered from the Davis Homerun. The only place curses exist are in people's heads and the fans would have been convinced it was happening.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Nov 2016, 09:14

TVF wannabe wrote:

Maddon tried to screw it up (not literally) and definitely overthought it. The rain delay ultimately helped the Cubs; the Indians should have taken Shaw out and they got to recalibrate.

Had that game been in Wrigley,I dont think the Cubs could have recovered from the Davis Homerun. The only place curses exist are in people's heads and the fans would have been convinced it was happening.

Great point. Good thing Kluber won the All Star Game and gave the Indians home field advantage.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to MLB