OFFICIAL 2016 MLB Playoff Thread

Re: OFFICIAL 2016 MLB Playoff Thread

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 Oct 2016, 08:31

Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Crazy theory of mine: Kershaw missing so much time earlier on the season has made him a monster in the playoffs because he hasn't put as much wear and tear on his arm.

That sounds crazy!

Tomlin being shut down for 2 weeks has made him a different pitcher. Could be a future trend.

Kershaw has had 1 really good playoff performance. They won when he pitched in the NLDS but he wasn't regular season Kershaw good.

Sadly predictable game last night. They had their chances. At some point, the middle of the lineup has to start hitting. I hope.

The Dodgers have won every game this postseason in which Kershaw pitched. Cubs pitching was almost as good last night. Need 2015 Arrieta to show up Tuesday night.

Any chance Maddon tweaks the lineup? Russell and Rizzo need to start hitting sooner rather than later.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 17 Oct 2016, 08:36

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Crazy theory of mine: Kershaw missing so much time earlier on the season has made him a monster in the playoffs because he hasn't put as much wear and tear on his arm.

That sounds crazy!

Tomlin being shut down for 2 weeks has made him a different pitcher. Could be a future trend.

Kershaw has had 1 really good playoff performance. They won when he pitched in the NLDS but he wasn't regular season Kershaw good.

Sadly predictable game last night. They had their chances. At some point, the middle of the lineup has to start hitting. I hope.

The Dodgers have won every game this postseason in which Kershaw pitched. Cubs pitching was almost as good last night. Need 2015 Arrieta to show up Tuesday night.

Any chance Maddon tweaks the lineup? Russell and Rizzo need to start hitting sooner rather than later.

zero chance they do anything with Rizzo. As for Russell, maybe move him down the lineup. dong- I sensed a lack of confidence in your post. dong with a lack of confidence isn't good for anyone /31
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Oct 2016, 08:38

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

That sounds crazy!

Other than Montero in for Contreras, I expect the lineup will be the same. Maybe Soler instead of Heyward because Hill is a lefty but I think Madden values the defense too much. The defense is a bit less important with Arrieta than Hendricks though, so I could see it. If Soler does start, then that probably pushes Addy down to Heyward's spot. I don't think it's terribly likely that they'd put Baez at SS and move Zobrist back up to the infield at this point.

I know they won every game he pitched in. Last night was the first time they won primarily because he was pitching.

I am pissed they lost Dr J, but otherwise, I'm fine. They weathered the best pitcher they're going to face, time to move on and hopefully take advantage of an ancient Rich Hill.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:07

Can just ONE of these guys, on ANY of the teams, hit a double or a homerun and NOT go crazy pumping their fists and yelling LETS GO! I mean christ. Donaldson did it after a solo jack in the first inning. Act like ya been there. The LETS GO thing bothers me more than it should. They ALL say the same thing. Sometimes its LETS fuckin GO. How about some originality. I also get peeved by fans in the stands, usually woman, who pray whenever there is a tense sitch. And don't get me started on the cell phone vids for everything. Nobody can even clap for their team anymore because they need to get it on video so they can upload it to da book. I hate america. Save us Trump.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby mj3528 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:11

ctz31 wrote:Can just ONE of these guys, on ANY of the teams, hit a double or a homerun and NOT go crazy pumping their fists and yelling LETS GO! I mean christ. Donaldson did it after a solo jack in the first inning. Act like ya been there. The LETS GO thing bothers me more than it should. They ALL say the same thing. Sometimes its LETS fuckin GO. How about some originality. I also get peeved by fans in the stands, usually woman, who pray whenever there is a tense sitch. And don't get me started on the cell phone vids for everything. Nobody can even clap for their team anymore because they need to get it on video so they can upload it to da book. I hate america. Save us Trump.

somewhat related, in the Ryder Cup, it annoyed me after every big putt, the golfer would shout "COME ON!" to the crowd. I didn't mind the emotion, but it just seemed like a weird thing to say, especially every time. Rory and Patrick Reed did it a lot.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 10:13

ctz31 wrote:Can just ONE of these guys, on ANY of the teams, hit a double or a homerun and NOT go crazy pumping their fists and yelling LETS GO! I mean christ. Donaldson did it after a solo jack in the first inning. Act like ya been there. The LETS GO thing bothers me more than it should. They ALL say the same thing. Sometimes its LETS fuckin GO. How about some originality. I also get peeved by fans in the stands, usually woman, who pray whenever there is a tense sitch. And don't get me started on the cell phone vids for everything. Nobody can even clap for their team anymore because they need to get it on video so they can upload it to da book. I hate america. Save us Trump.

I'll bite, Contrarian Bro 1. What would you like to see these players do when they hit a double or a home-run?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:14

Gregs Kite wrote:

I'll bite, Contrarian Bro 1. What would you like to see these players do when they hit a double or a home-run?

Can you not read? Act like you've been there. Maybe a simple point to the dugout. Yell something other than Lets go. Yell fuck her in the pussy. I don't care. Just be different. Contrarian if you will.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 10:29

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Can you not read? Act like you've been there. Maybe a simple point to the dugout. Yell something other than Lets go. Yell fuck her in the pussy. I don't care. Just be different. Contrarian if you will.

Ah, I see. Play it cool. Be different, just like everyone else. I assume you preach this when you go to The Ralph in your ironic Tim Tindale jersey.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:33

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Ah, I see. Play it cool. Be different, just like everyone else. I assume you preach this when you go to The Ralph in your ironic Tim Tindale jersey.

I know you and the rest of america are not watching anymore but i am. They all do it every time. It's embarrassing. And as usual I enjoy antics and actions outside the norm that are original, a difficult concept for you I'm sure. whatever that is rofl.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 10:42

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I know you and the rest of america are not watching anymore but i am. They all do it every time. It's embarrassing. And as usual I enjoy antics and actions outside the norm that are original, a difficult concept for you I'm sure. whatever that is rofl.

I'm just playing, I'm with you. Baseball players should do choreographed dances and maybe shoot shirt cannons or slide into second base to the Undertaker's theme, because as a mouthbreather I need shiny, loud things other than a guy excited he made a great play in a pressure packed game.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:49

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I'm just playing, I'm with you. Baseball players should do choreographed dances and maybe shoot shirt cannons or slide into second base to the Undertaker's theme, because as a mouthbreather I need shiny, loud things other than a guy excited he made a great play in a pressure packed game.

Yep.

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby ctz31 » 20 Oct 2016, 10:54

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yep, same thing. Shirt cannons and theme music. Well done you got me. LETS GO! I'll have to learn the right way its done, the next time there is a mlb game on the television I can peruse that anyone in america cares about.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 10:57

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Yep, same thing. Shirt cannons and theme music. Well done you got me. LETS GO! I'll have to learn the right way its done, the next time there is a mlb game on the television I can peruse that anyone in america cares about.

Try tonight at 8pm on FS1. I am cheering for you. But I'm doing it uniquely.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 20 Oct 2016, 11:08

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You are the best. In his first two posts he complains that i want the players to sometimes act like they've been there, then changes his argument midway that he's too cool for unique athletes who act different. Well done. Myself, I prefer my players to act and look like normal everyday joe's, showcasing their pink socks and their full illustrious hipster beards.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2016, 11:50

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You are the best. In his first two posts he complains that i want the players to sometimes act like they've been there, then changes his argument midway that he's too cool for unique athletes who act different. Well done. Myself, I prefer my players to act and look like normal everyday joe's, showcasing their pink socks and their full illustrious hipster beards.

Haha, hipster beards. Whatever those are. Now if you'll excuse me there's a Treat Williams marathon on the Flix tonight.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to MLB