The Reds

Re: The Reds

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Jul 2015, 19:59

Gregs Kite wrote:You're better when you stay in the nba threads.

Oh snap, you really just totally convinced me that the 2013 red Sox were scrappy underdogs who know one thought would win the title!

I'm sure you'll agree that the 2009 Yankees, who missed the playoffs the prior year, then signed a bunch of free agents, were truly the baseball Hoosiers.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Jul 2015, 20:06

CC Sabathia and Mark Texeiria are pretty interchangble with Shane Victorino and Mike Napoli and Ryan Dempster.

Is this where I bust out the OWAH FREEAH AGENTS AWWW BETTAH THAN YAW FREE AGENTS? Because that never gets old.

No one but you, except maybe Margary and Shamgod, relies on that scrappy nonsense more. They all peaked at the right time and so a fluky title, given the year before and after.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Jul 2015, 20:22

Fair point, but I think most WS winning teams are a bunch of guys peaking at the right time; If we're taking the Yankees example, Texeira and Burnett fell off sharply after that title season, Matsui and Damon were gone - those were all significant pieces of that WS win; If you're the Giants now or the Torre Yankees, you might be lucky enough to have a core that can win multiple titles, but I don't think that's the norm these days;

ETA:
IMS - I think it's hilarious that they'd boo people in the ASG - anything to make it less of a boring shitpile, no affense
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby CourtesyFlush » 14 Jul 2015, 21:12

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Who boos players at the ASG?

#WFIB

:lol: that was great. ENJOYED.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Jul 2015, 22:39

Didn't watch. Just saw that my FB feed blew up about the booing.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Jul 2015, 22:51

reds thread. REDS.

johnny bench was a terrific catcher, but even if we all pretend the roid guys never happened, he can't be one of the 4 greatest living players, can he?

and jesus titty fucking christ, pete rose and his shoe polish hair needs to just go the fuck away.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Jul 2015, 23:15

Rodney Farva wrote:johnny bench was a terrific catcher, but even if we all pretend the roid guys never happened, he can't be one of the 4 greatest living players, can he?

Not even the greatest living Red - unless we're holding Joe Morgan's announcing career catastrophically against him;
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Jul 2015, 00:22

Dthefritz wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:johnny bench was a terrific catcher, but even if we all pretend the roid guys never happened, he can't be one of the 4 greatest living players, can he?

Not even the greatest living Red - unless we're holding Joe Morgan's announcing career catastrophically against him;

Serially. Morgan was a fucking beast.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 15 Jul 2015, 07:28

He is barely a top four Red.

Rose, Morgan and Frank Robinson were better.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Jul 2015, 07:30

i very much enjoyed the booing. molina and pujols made me laugh with their reactions. especially pujols, pointing at his jersey like "ANGELS guys, i play for the ANGELS! 4 years now!"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Jul 2015, 07:33

SouthernYokel wrote:i very much enjoyed the booing. molina and pujols made me laugh with their reactions. especially pujols, pointing at his jersey like "ANGELS guys, i play for the ANGELS! 4 years now!"

Agreed, and did you hear Buck's asinine comment about Molina? Something about the "best smile of the night"? Jesus Christ, take off your Cardinals feety pajamas, Joe. This is why people despise you redbird asswipes. Still, even him and his forced nostalgic schlock couldn't ruin this much needed personality injection. Well done, TRU #BFIB Cincy.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Jul 2015, 07:36

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i very much enjoyed the booing. molina and pujols made me laugh with their reactions. especially pujols, pointing at his jersey like "ANGELS guys, i play for the ANGELS! 4 years now!"

Agreed, and did you hear Buck's asinine comment about Molina? Something about the "best smile of the night"? Jesus Christ, take off your Cardinals feety pajamas, Joe. This is why people despise you redbird asswipes. Still, even him and his forced nostalgic schlock couldn't ruin this much needed personality injection. Well done, TRU #BFIB Cincy.

i feel like they don't rate #BFIB because the tru #BFIB would also have lustily booed Rizzo even though the Cubs are harmless. you never know when they might pull a Tampa and then you'll regret not throwing batteries at them when you had the chance.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Jul 2015, 07:41

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

i feel like they don't rate #BFIB because the tru #BFIB would also have lustily booed Rizzo even though the Cubs are harmless. you never know when they might pull a Tampa and then you'll regret not throwing batteries at them when you had the chance.

Please, the REAL #BFIB would invite Rizzo into their home for a nice meatloaf dinner, some homemade sweet tea, perhaps some delicious ice cream for dessert, and unironically show him their trophy room, telling the full story of every single award and accomplishment quite sheepishly, before sending him on his way with a genuine smile and wave, telling each other what a nice little boy young Anthony is.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Jul 2015, 13:49

JT99 wrote:

Pete Rose ain't better than Bench
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Prez » 15 Jul 2015, 13:50

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Pete Rose ain't better than Bench

Troof.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

PreviousNext

Return to MLB