The Reds

Re: The Reds

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Mar 2016, 22:17

Heard a story tonight.

Relief pitcher Pat Perry was traded to the Reds on August 31, 1987. About a week later, on a Saturday, his new manager, Pete Rose, had him, on a Saturday, on college football duty. Rose told him to go into the clubhouse and get the scores to all of the college football games. He came back with the scores written down but Rose asked him how much time was left in the games, which he did not know.

Looks like he got into the game and earned a Hold:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 9050.shtml
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Prez » 15 Mar 2016, 12:08

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Heard a story tonight.

Relief pitcher Pat Perry was traded to the Reds on August 31, 1987. About a week later, on a Saturday, his new manager, Pete Rose, had him, on a Saturday, on college football duty. Rose told him to go into the clubhouse and get the scores to all of the college football games. He came back with the scores written down but Rose asked him how much time was left in the games, which he did not know.

Looks like he got into the game and earned a Hold:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 9050.shtml

I'm confused. What's the significance of this? Does that link prove anything? Is this news worthy at all?

Please explain this to me like I'm Ballz or Yokel. tyia.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Mar 2016, 12:11

Kinda weird to be using a player who might get into the game later to run around digging up scores for you.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Goose » 16 Mar 2016, 13:42

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Kinda weird to be using a player who might get into the game later to run around digging up scores for you.

Sounds like pretty standard gambling addict behavior. Plus, Pete probably didn't know who he was and just assumed he was the bat boy.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Apr 2017, 17:04

I was looking at probable pitchers to see where that ace Bucholtz falls in the rotation (he's #3), and I see that the Reds have a rookie pitcher named Rookie Davis.

http://m.mlb.com/player/606959/rookie-d ... ing-minors

What the frig bro?

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Previous

Return to MLB