2012 MLB Awards

Re: 2012 MLB Awards

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 29 Sep 2016, 14:13

Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Nerdz.

Defensive metrics being what they are (plagued by a slow stream of data and, sometimes, coding issues, which makes them slow to stabilize), a one-win lead is hardly conclusive, so you could argue that Betts and Trout are actually in a statistical dead heat.

Here’s why that’s bullshit: First, Trout’s got a massive lead in offensive value, which we can measure relatively precisely: a wRC+ lead of 173 to 137 and a lead in TAv of .357 to .297.

Feel ya, dogg. Brady's wRC and TAv were off the charts last year, but the Broncos defense beat him. Stupid TAv.

Trout's won once, when he's arguably been worthy of the award for each of the past 5 years (including this one). clearly Trout needs to wake TF up and realize that if he really wants to be MVP he needs to take his talents to The Hub of the universe and stop wasting his time in Anaheim, wherever/whatever TF that is.

Shhhh Shhh shhhh shh shh shhhhhhhh, Rodney, bubbie, remember, doesn't matter if you use stats, superstats, nerdy superstats, eye tests, sportswriter likeability tests, or anything, if one plays for Boston, HE'S BETTER. We all make mistakes
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Sep 2016, 14:36

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Nerdz.

Defensive metrics being what they are (plagued by a slow stream of data and, sometimes, coding issues, which makes them slow to stabilize), a one-win lead is hardly conclusive, so you could argue that Betts and Trout are actually in a statistical dead heat.

Here’s why that’s bullshit: First, Trout’s got a massive lead in offensive value, which we can measure relatively precisely: a wRC+ lead of 173 to 137 and a lead in TAv of .357 to .297.

Feel ya, dogg. Brady's wRC and TAv were off the charts last year, but the Broncos defense beat him. Stupid TAv.

Trout's won once, when he's arguably been worthy of the award for each of the past 5 years (including this one). clearly Trout needs to wake TF up and realize that if he really wants to be MVP he needs to take his talents to The Hub of the universe and stop wasting his time in Anaheim, wherever/whatever TF that is.

Shhhh Shhh shhhh shh shh shhhhhhhh, Rodney, bubbie, remember, doesn't matter if you use stats, superstats, nerdy superstats, eye tests, sportswriter likeability tests, or anything, if one plays for Boston, HE'S BETTER. We all make mistakes

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 29 Sep 2016, 20:07

It's cute that were pretending Trout vs. Mookie is a Boston thing. Because this is clearly the first time the best player on a good team might win the MVP over a guy with better numbers on a non-contender.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 29 Sep 2016, 20:47

I'm not claiming that at all, just pointing out how someone's inferiority complex is wired. I have no issue with Mookie winning MVP. I prefer someone on a playoff or almost playoff team winning it
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Sep 2016, 21:03

TheWolf wrote:It's cute that were pretending Trout vs. Mookie is a Boston thing. Because this is clearly the first time the best player on a good team might win the MVP over a guy with better numbers on a non-contender.

Well of course, but an inferior player winning is almost always driven by media hype, which is helped by playing on a team like the Red Sox. Of course NY guys have often been the beneficiary of this as well, so don't jump down my throat for that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 30 Sep 2016, 03:06

i haven't followed this season enough to know who deserves the mvp. TBH, i wasn't trying to compare trout to mookie, just taking a gay little jab at boston and its fandom, without really thinking about the mookster.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Sep 2016, 05:23

Mookie Betts: SOTSG-famous.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Sep 2016, 06:43

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:It's cute that were pretending Trout vs. Mookie is a Boston thing. Because this is clearly the first time the best player on a good team might win the MVP over a guy with better numbers on a non-contender.

Well of course, but an inferior player winning is almost always driven by media hype, which is helped by playing on a team like the Red Sox. Of course NY guys have often been the beneficiary of this as well, so don't jump down my throat for that.

It also kinda sort of helps if the MVP comes from a team that isn't 22 games out of first place.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Sep 2016, 07:27

Rodney Farva wrote:i haven't followed this season enough to know who deserves the mvp. TBH, i wasn't trying to compare trout to mookie, just taking a gay little jab at boston and its fandom, without really thinking about the mookster.

(too subtle for them to ever get)
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 30 Sep 2016, 09:47

It's hard to be MVP on a team that does't come close to the playoffs.

MLB should adopt an NFL style award to give to guys like Trout that have great seasons but arent MVP. Trout's best chance comes from the voters that Pick Papi
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Sep 2016, 09:58

Need to change it to Most Outstanding Player.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 30 Sep 2016, 10:02

They probably just figure most normal people don't care who wins.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Theny » 30 Sep 2016, 11:44

ctz31 wrote:They probably just figure most normal people don't care who wins.

You're gonna give Jike a rage blackout with that take, pal.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Sep 2016, 11:53

Theny wrote:
ctz31 wrote:They probably just figure most normal people don't care who wins.

You're gonna give Jike a rage blackout with that take, pal.

This is true. I only don't give a shit who wins batting titles.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 30 Sep 2016, 15:57

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

It also kinda sort of helps if the MVP comes from a team that isn't 22 games out of first place.

Yeah, no shit. I'm saying that once you decide to give it to someone other than the best player, it becomes a political thing, and having a big market media in your corner is a strong advantage. I don't think it's some great injustice or anything, and Betts has been really good for a division winner. Settle down.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to MLB