2012 MLB Awards

2012 MLB Awards

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Oct 2012, 12:32

I'll just get it started. I may or may not go into more detail later, but for now...

AL MVP: Mike Trout
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander (leads the AL in K's, ERA+, IP, and CG)
AL MOY: Buck Showalter
AL ROY: Trout

NL MVP: Buster Posey (with nods to Braun, Molina, and McCutchen)
NL Cy Young: R.A. Dickey
NL ROY: Bryce Harper (although a vote for Todd Frazier is certainly not a bad one)
NL MOY: Davey Johnson
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: 2012 MLB Awards

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Oct 2012, 14:22

I really think that NL ROY race between Harper and Todd Frazier (who?) is an exciting one.

And can you really give the MVP to a rookie? Whose team isnt making the playoffs? When a guy on Detroit (who I presume is making the playoffs?) is gonna win the TC? C'MON MAN!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Oct 2012, 14:33

The Angels have a better record than los Tigres, and there's no guarantee Miggy wins the TC.

I, for one, am glad to see the AL Central return to its "Comedy Central" days.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Sep 2016, 09:58

bosux - Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am: balls i enjoyed the brady haircut bit...when you get a sec can we get your thoughts on the AL MVP race?

1. Trout. Do you see the year he's having? I assume? He's probably hitting like .320 with 25 dingers and 75 RBIs, and mixed in about 15 steals and 3 outfield assists. Thats so amazing.
2. Papi. He's not juicing. No sir-ee Bob. He's only leading the AL in VORP. Nothing to see here. Move along.
3. Odor. He slugged some guy so he wont get the votes. But he did win my heart, and I know he's amazing. probably carrying whatever team he is on.
4. Machado. as my pals informed me a few weeks ago, he is on the Orioles, not the Phillies. And he won the MVP last year. Have you seen what he's been able to do this year? I havent.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 07 Sep 2016, 10:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
bosux - Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 am: balls i enjoyed the brady haircut bit...when you get a sec can we get your thoughts on the AL MVP race?

1. Trout. Do you see the year he's having? I assume? He's probably hitting like .320 with 25 dingers and 75 RBIs, and mixed in about 15 steals and 3 outfield assists. Thats so amazing.
2. Papi. He's not juicing. No sir-ee Bob. He's only leading the AL in VORP. Nothing to see here. Move along.
3. Odor. He slugged some guy so he wont get the votes. But he did win my heart, and I know he's amazing. probably carrying whatever team he is on.
4. Machado. as my pals informed me a few weeks ago, he is on the Orioles, not the Phillies. And he won the MVP last year. Have you seen what he's been able to do this year? I havent.

No love for this guy?:

Shameful.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2016, 08:14

So really who is the MVP this year? Mookie? Machado? Altuve? Kluber (I assume that's who that is)?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Sep 2016, 08:16

Briandong79 wrote:So really who is the MVP this year? Mookie? Machado? Altuve? Kluber (I assume that's who that is)?

Isn't the answer always Mike Trout?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2016, 08:18

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:So really who is the MVP this year? Mookie? Machado? Altuve? Kluber (I assume that's who that is)?

He didn't win last year and his team stinks this year, so no.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Sep 2016, 08:36

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Don't underestimate the absurd MAWG-sportswriter boners for Aw Shucks N Apple Pie Trout. Be prepared for ONTB-level horseshit advanced stats to shine the light on what everyone knows. He good. The Angels ain't.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Sep 2016, 08:38

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Don't underestimate the absurd MAWG-sportswriter boners for Aw Shucks N Apple Pie Trout. Be prepared for ONTB-level horseshit advanced stats to shine the light on what everyone knows. He good. The Angels ain't.

He's unquestionably the best player. But the only reason he's going to win MVP when the Angels are that bad is that if every other good team just doesn't have a viable candidate.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Sep 2016, 08:42

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

He's unquestionably the best player. But the only reason he's going to win MVP when the Angels are that bad is that if every other good team just doesn't have a viable candidate.

Mookie's going to get hurt by Papi taking some of his votes. Otherwise he's your MVP.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Sep 2016, 08:46

Agreed.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Sep 2016, 10:40

Nerdz.

Defensive metrics being what they are (plagued by a slow stream of data and, sometimes, coding issues, which makes them slow to stabilize), a one-win lead is hardly conclusive, so you could argue that Betts and Trout are actually in a statistical dead heat.

Here’s why that’s bullshit: First, Trout’s got a massive lead in offensive value, which we can measure relatively precisely: a wRC+ lead of 173 to 137 and a lead in TAv of .357 to .297.

Feel ya, dogg. Brady's wRC and TAv were off the charts last year, but the Broncos defense beat him. Stupid TAv.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Sep 2016, 02:24

Gregs Kite wrote:Nerdz.

Defensive metrics being what they are (plagued by a slow stream of data and, sometimes, coding issues, which makes them slow to stabilize), a one-win lead is hardly conclusive, so you could argue that Betts and Trout are actually in a statistical dead heat.

Here’s why that’s bullshit: First, Trout’s got a massive lead in offensive value, which we can measure relatively precisely: a wRC+ lead of 173 to 137 and a lead in TAv of .357 to .297.

Feel ya, dogg. Brady's wRC and TAv were off the charts last year, but the Broncos defense beat him. Stupid TAv.

Trout's won once, when he's arguably been worthy of the award for each of the past 5 years (including this one). clearly Trout needs to wake TF up and realize that if he really wants to be MVP he needs to take his talents to The Hub of the universe and stop wasting his time in Anaheim, wherever/whatever TF that is.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Sep 2016, 10:19

Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Nerdz.

Trout's won once, when he's arguably been worthy of the award for each of the past 5 years (including this one). clearly Trout needs to wake TF up and realize that if he really wants to be MVP he needs to take his talents to The Hub of the universe and stop wasting his time in Anaheim, wherever/whatever TF that is.

If you go thru my posts, I said that the Phillies were gonna get Trout soon. Look back about 7,000 posts, and then quote it for me. Thanks.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Next

Return to MLB