The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby jman » 13 Dec 2017, 16:22

ctz31 wrote:
Theny wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
jman wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:It worked for the Astros.


It worked for the Cubs too, but neither of those teams (at least the Cubs I'm sure) had a player of Stanton's caliber to start #theprocess. When you're replacing shit with better players, nobody cares as much.


Has stanton ever been healthy before this year? Honest question, i don't know. Because i've never pretend owned him. But seems like a gamble to put that much cash into his brittle ass. Plus he's leaving that bandbox in miami to go to a pitchers delight.


Miami is absolutely a pitcher's park idiot. Um, he was pretty healthy a couple years ago until that moron cracked his face. But yeah, he can def be in Anthony Davis Territory. He also tends to have god awful strikeouts at the worst times.


I was being facetious about the park. Because babies in boston call yankee stadium a bandbox. Sounds like you are warming up to this trade. Congrat! Thank you Derek.


High risk, high reward. Whatever that means.
User avatar
jman
Bruce Dickinson
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 11 Nov 2008, 21:35
Location: stayin thirsty

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby mister bacon » 13 Dec 2017, 16:34

ctz31 wrote:
Theny wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
jman wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:It worked for the Astros.


It worked for the Cubs too, but neither of those teams (at least the Cubs I'm sure) had a player of Stanton's caliber to start #theprocess. When you're replacing shit with better players, nobody cares as much.


Has stanton ever been healthy before this year? Honest question, i don't know. Because i've never pretend owned him. But seems like a gamble to put that much cash into his brittle ass. Plus he's leaving that bandbox in miami to go to a pitchers delight.


Miami is absolutely a pitcher's park idiot. Um, he was pretty healthy a couple years ago until that moron cracked his face. But yeah, he can def be in Anthony Davis Territory. He also tends to have god awful strikeouts at the worst times.


I was being facetious about the park. Because babies in boston call yankee stadium a bandbox. Sounds like you are warming up to this trade. Congrat! Thank you Derek.



BOTH TEAMS HAVE TO PLAY THERE! /you
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26852
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Dec 2017, 16:54

None of this woulda happened had that one dude got coked up and wrecked his boat.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18597
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby mister bacon » 13 Dec 2017, 17:03

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:None of this woulda happened had that one dude got coked up and wrecked his boat.


if someone wrote an entire book about the history of cocaine and baseball i would buy it.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26852
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Theny » 13 Dec 2017, 17:09

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:None of this woulda happened had that one dude got coked up and wrecked his boat.


They'd have traded him too.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30832
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Dec 2017, 17:48

Look, as far as I can tell, the Marlins are not exactly a cash cow. Of course they can and should go for it when it makes sense, but eventually the reality of the economic situation will catch up with them. It happened to OKC with the Harden extension, and predictably, idiots like Bill called them "cheap". The marlins gave GCS 330 mil and they ended up trading him to save money. Not exactly an otherworldly accident or anything.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby TheWolf » 13 Dec 2017, 17:56

mister bacon wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:None of this woulda happened had that one dude got coked up and wrecked his boat.


if someone wrote an entire book about the history of cocaine and baseball i would buy it.


That does sound like an interesting book. Someone should get on it. Kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet, tbh.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19422
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Dec 2017, 18:00

Between the White Lines: An Exploration of Cocaine in MLB
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18597
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Theny » 13 Dec 2017, 18:02

Dthefritz wrote:Look, as far as I can tell, the Marlins are not exactly a cash cow. Of course they can and should go for it when it makes sense, but eventually the reality of the economic situation will catch up with them. It happened to OKC with the Harden extension, and predictably, idiots like Bill called them "cheap". The marlins gave GCS 330 mil and they ended up trading him to save money. Not exactly an otherworldly accident or anything.


Their position players were good enough to win a WS. They just needed some decent pitching.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30832
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Dec 2017, 18:17

Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:Look, as far as I can tell, the Marlins are not exactly a cash cow. Of course they can and should go for it when it makes sense, but eventually the reality of the economic situation will catch up with them. It happened to OKC with the Harden extension, and predictably, idiots like Bill called them "cheap". The marlins gave GCS 330 mil and they ended up trading him to save money. Not exactly an otherworldly accident or anything.


Their position players were good enough to win a WS. They just needed some decent pitching.

You mean, the most expensive part of building a contender? Look, they got some nice pieces together, and it didn't work out before their regularly scheduled liquidation. Such is the peril of a small market team.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Theny » 13 Dec 2017, 18:32

Dthefritz wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:Look, as far as I can tell, the Marlins are not exactly a cash cow. Of course they can and should go for it when it makes sense, but eventually the reality of the economic situation will catch up with them. It happened to OKC with the Harden extension, and predictably, idiots like Bill called them "cheap". The marlins gave GCS 330 mil and they ended up trading him to save money. Not exactly an otherworldly accident or anything.


Their position players were good enough to win a WS. They just needed some decent pitching.

You mean, the most expensive part of building a contender? Look, they got some nice pieces together, and it didn't work out before their regularly scheduled liquidation. Such is the peril of a small market team.


I get it, but they're gonna be locked into yet another long term crappy tv deal with this fire sale.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30832
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Dec 2017, 18:48

isn't there a revenue split among teams in MLB? what i'm saying is the Marlins may technically have been in the red using voodoo accounting but they weren't REALLY in the red, right?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 30401
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Theny » 13 Dec 2017, 18:56

SouthernYokel wrote:isn't there a revenue split among teams in MLB? what i'm saying is the Marlins may technically have been in the red using voodoo accounting but they weren't REALLY in the red, right?


They definitely live on revenue sharing. Yay socialism
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30832
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby mister bacon » 13 Dec 2017, 19:12

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:isn't there a revenue split among teams in MLB? what i'm saying is the Marlins may technically have been in the red using voodoo accounting but they weren't REALLY in the red, right?


They definitely live on revenue sharing. Yay socialism


good thing they fleeced taxpayers for that new hot ass ballpark. great operation. great town. great league.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26852
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: The Cash Money Marlin-aires

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Dec 2017, 21:07

difference is the astros and cubs got good prospects when unloading contracts. the return on stanton is embarrassing.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 25285
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest