Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2017, 09:51

I'm glad they picked up a much-needed starting pitcher at the deadline. That should really help them to clinch the division by September 1st instead of September 5th. I'm cheering for them.

I'm with Tambo though; a Dodgers/Stros series seems like it will be fun to watch. Obviously we'll get Rockies/Royals.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Aug 2017, 09:52

Fuck the Dodgers and Magic Johnson. Anybody but them.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:53

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
I do, for obvious reasons, but I think the Dodgers will be the team I pull for after the Cubs are out.

Theo and JoeMad will get our boys together. Doyers are soft, mang.

Oh, I still like the Cubs odds, I think they'll be right there. The Cubs have been monsters in August under Maddon, something like 40-16 or something ridiculous.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:54

Obviously the world needs more #tpt. Sign me up for a Cubs-Tribe rubber match
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Aug 2017, 09:55

mj3528 wrote:Obviously the world needs more #tpt. Sign me up for a Cubs-Tribe rubber match

I'm inclined to go with this or Cubs/Sox or Cubs/Yanks. Nats and Dodgers haven't proven anything in the postseason yet.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2017, 09:58

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Obviously the world needs more #tpt. Sign me up for a Cubs-Tribe rubber match

I'm inclined to go with this or Cubs/Sox or Cubs/Yanks. Nats and Dodgers haven't proven anything in the postseason yet.

A Cubs/Tribe rubber match would be nice too. I'm still pulling to Stros/Dodgers though.

I alternate between hoping the Nats make it and hating the Nats to my core. I dunno.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Aug 2017, 09:59

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
I really hope we don't get gyped outta an Astros/Dodgers series.

Ditto

fast forward to a Rockies-Yankees WS.... shoot me
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2017, 10:03

Wouldn't the Cubs and Indians have had to play twice already for there to be a rubber match?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 02 Aug 2017, 10:07

CourtesyFlush wrote:

A Cubs/Tribe rubber match would be nice too. I'm still pulling to Stros/Dodgers though.

I alternate between hoping the Nats make it and hating the Nats to my core. I dunno.

I think you want the Nats to meltdown dramatically in game 7 of the ALCS.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2017, 10:08

None of the teams I dislike are really in position right now to be likely postseason teams, so there isn't really a WS matchup where I'd be like "fuck this."
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Aug 2017, 10:08

TheWolf wrote:Wouldn't the Cubs and Indians have had to play twice already for there to be a rubber match?

Not according to William J Simmons IV, Esq. Czar of Sports
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2017, 10:10

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Wouldn't the Cubs and Indians have had to play twice already for there to be a rubber match?

Not according to William J Simmons IV, Esq. Czar of Sports

Ah, we're making fun of Simmons. OK, carry on.

Before I make fun of sco and look like a big dummy... Is the Nats losing in the ALCS also a Simmons reference that I missed?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Aug 2017, 10:13

CourtesyFlush wrote:

It's going to be hilarious to see how Dusty fucks this up then everyone makes excuses for him

TheWolf wrote:Before I make fun of sco and look like a big dummy... Is the Nats losing in the ALCS also a Simmons reference that I missed?

I have no idea here, I may have missed that one, too. All of my Nats' references are things about them never even getting out of the NLDS
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Aug 2017, 10:23

chrisco wrote:
I think you want the Nats to meltdown dramatically in game 7 of the ALCS.

I love when you talk sports.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 02 Aug 2017, 10:41

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

It's going to be hilarious to see how Dusty fucks this up then everyone makes excuses for him

TheWolf wrote:Before I make fun of sco and look like a big dummy... Is the Nats losing in the ALCS also a Simmons reference that I missed?

I have no idea here, I may have missed that one, too. All of my Nats' references are things about them never even getting out of the NLDS

Please make fun of me. I was probably trying too hard to fake it at sports, and the Astros switching leagues ate up all my sprots brain.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to MLB