Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2016, 08:51

TheWolf wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Looks like Puig decided to run away when he found out he was gonna get traded or demoted...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodg ... ado-080116

Remember when people thought this guy was good?

He was good. And he's been hitting the ball really well lately. It's a weird time for a demotion.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Prez » 02 Aug 2016, 09:06

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Looks like Puig decided to run away when he found out he was gonna get traded or demoted...

He was good. And he's been hitting the ball really well lately. It's a weird time for a demotion.

He's loaded with natural talent but he's also a cancer in the clubhouse (similar to some other Cuban stars like Cespedes and Castillo). The Dodgers are tired of him doing dumb shit and not hustling.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Aug 2016, 16:20

Prez wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

He's loaded with natural talent but he's also a cancer in the clubhouse (similar to some other Cuban stars like Cespedes and Castillo). The Dodgers are tired of him doing dumb shit and not hustling.

He had great potential and started really hot, I think the Dodgers didn't know how to handle him at first and these are the repecussions.

Cespedes as a cancer is a narrative Theny loves but there has been no indication it's true, at least since he joined the Mets.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Aug 2016, 16:34

I've heard the narrative, but the only place it was really drove home was Boston, which had a pretty telling record of shitting on people on the way out. Look at Francona, Nomar, Vaughn, Pedro...
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 16:36

JichaelDick wrote:I've heard the narrative, but the only place it was really drove home was Boston, which had a pretty telling record of shitting on people on the way out. Look at Francona, Nomar, Vaughn, Pedro...

Theo, Clemens, Manny...
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 19:08

Prez wrote:The Dodgers are tired of him doing dumb shit and not hustling.

And having a .700 OPS.

I agree that he has natural talent but is a clubhouse cancer. But being an asshole isn't the reason he sucks. He sucks because he has no goddamn clue how to develop his raw skills. Maybe being an asshole contributes to that, because anyone with that kind of ability should be good if he's willing to put in he time and listen to coaches. But the league figured this guy out, and he's not doing anything to fix that.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Aug 2016, 19:26

TheWolf wrote:
Prez wrote:The Dodgers are tired of him doing dumb shit and not hustling.

And having a .700 OPS.

I agree that he has natural talent but is a clubhouse cancer. But being an asshole isn't the reason he sucks. He sucks because he has no goddamn clue how to develop his raw skills. Maybe being an asshole contributes to that, because anyone with that kind of ability should be good if he's willing to put in he time and listen to coaches. But the league figured this guy out, and he's not doing anything to fix that.

Reading Molly Knight's "The Best Team Money Can Buy" makes a damn good case that the Dodger front office, so thankful that Puig helped lead them to the 2013 NL West title (at least offensively), pretty much gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted to for saving their jobs. In doing so, he felt above the team, and it led to problems in the clubhouse. Apparently, he was tight with his interpreter, and that guy wouldn't put up with Puig's shit, but his wife got suspicious that he was having flings behind her back, and he left the team to save his marriage, and it deteriorated.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 22:09

And the league figured him out and he didn't make any adjustments. I believe everything you're saying, but the fact remains he sucks at baseball and people keep making excuses for him. Like somehow being a douche bag is an ok reason to forget how to hit.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Aug 2016, 08:29

I'd take him in a second :beatsme:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Aug 2016, 08:35

Briandong79 wrote:I'd take him in a second :beatsme:

Needs a strong clubhouse and/or manager to keep him straight. He'd be a good fit for the Cubs because of those reasons and also having another Cuban (Soler) around.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Aug 2016, 08:38

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Needs a strong clubhouse and/or manager to keep him straight. He'd be a good fit for the Cubs because of those reasons and also having another Cuban (Soler) around.

Send him to the Pats. They have a strong locker room /everyone on the radio or tv that has an opinion about strong locker rooms
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Aug 2016, 08:41

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Send him to the Pats. They have a strong locker room /everyone on the radio or tv that has an opinion about strong locker rooms

Good idea! They need someone with a strong arm the first four weeks of the season.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 03 Aug 2016, 22:34

You have the best team in the league? Why the fuck would you want to ring in a risk/ reward guy that you don't need?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Aug 2016, 22:39

TheWolf wrote:

You have the best team in the league? Why the fuck would you want to ring in a risk/ reward guy that you don't need?

Actually, might be the best thing--they're already the best team without him, so if he comes in and acts like a douchenozzle, you can get rid of him. But if he truly has changed (and there are stories that he has at least become a better teammate) and is willing to put the work in, he could be a HUGE upgrade in right (don't know if you've noticed or not, but Jason Heyward has been pretty godawful for the Cubbies). At worst--he comes in, sulks, doesn't do well, gets sent to Des Moines, and you get rid of him after the season. At best, he gives you production in a corner outfield spot and puts you over the top.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 03 Aug 2016, 22:41

You may have a point. There's no way he's worse than Heyeard. I guess that's a win-win for the Cubs.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to MLB