Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby ctz31 » 18 Oct 2016, 16:31

Briandong79 wrote:Good read on Rich Hill
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/10/18/ ... phic-novel

I remember him having just an absolutely amazing curveball back in his original run with the Cubs. Pretty cool story how he has saved his career. I hope he gets his dick knocked off tonight.


I feel like i had this guy on my pretend team years ago. Was he supposed to be a phenom type? Lotta strikeouts, but walked a ton of guys and always got hurt? If so, that would be him. Had no idea he was still around.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby ctz31 » 18 Oct 2016, 19:19

ctz31 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Good read on Rich Hill
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/10/18/ ... phic-novel

I remember him having just an absolutely amazing curveball back in his original run with the Cubs. Pretty cool story how he has saved his career. I hope he gets his dick knocked off tonight.


I feel like i had this guy on my pretend team years ago. Was he supposed to be a phenom type? Lotta strikeouts, but walked a ton of guys and always got hurt? If so, that would be him. Had no idea he was still around.


It was rich harden. Thx for the help.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 01 Dec 2016, 11:26

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18365
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Jun 2017, 11:01

Cody Bellinger, called up when he was only because of injuries on the Dodgers’ big-league roster, gave the rest of the league a three-week head start. He’s caught up. With his 20th and 21st home runs in last night’s 10-6 win over the Mets, Bellinger now leads the NL in home runs, and is just two behind the Yankees’ Aaron Judge.

·Bellinger is the fastest ever to 21 home runs to start an MLB career. His first homer was his 20th in 51 career games, tying Wally Berger in 1930 and Gary Sanchez in 2016. His second homer puts him all alone.

·He is only the fourth player age 21 or younger to hit 20 home runs before the all-star break, along with Eddie Mathews (27 in 1953), Albert Pujols (21 in 2001), and Miguel Cabrera (20 in 2004).

·His fifth multi-homer game (with three in his last nine games) ties Mike Piazza in 1993 for the most ever by a Dodgers rookie. Only one rookie in MLB history had more: Mark McGwire, with seven in 1987.


I have no effing clue who this guy is.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Jun 2017, 11:05

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Cody Bellinger, called up when he was only because of injuries on the Dodgers’ big-league roster, gave the rest of the league a three-week head start. He’s caught up. With his 20th and 21st home runs in last night’s 10-6 win over the Mets, Bellinger now leads the NL in home runs, and is just two behind the Yankees’ Aaron Judge.

·Bellinger is the fastest ever to 21 home runs to start an MLB career. His first homer was his 20th in 51 career games, tying Wally Berger in 1930 and Gary Sanchez in 2016. His second homer puts him all alone.

·He is only the fourth player age 21 or younger to hit 20 home runs before the all-star break, along with Eddie Mathews (27 in 1953), Albert Pujols (21 in 2001), and Miguel Cabrera (20 in 2004).

·His fifth multi-homer game (with three in his last nine games) ties Mike Piazza in 1993 for the most ever by a Dodgers rookie. Only one rookie in MLB history had more: Mark McGwire, with seven in 1987.


I have no effing clue who this guy is.


His dad is former Yankee Clay Bellinger.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Jun 2017, 11:09

Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Cody Bellinger, called up when he was only because of injuries on the Dodgers’ big-league roster, gave the rest of the league a three-week head start. He’s caught up. With his 20th and 21st home runs in last night’s 10-6 win over the Mets, Bellinger now leads the NL in home runs, and is just two behind the Yankees’ Aaron Judge.

·Bellinger is the fastest ever to 21 home runs to start an MLB career. His first homer was his 20th in 51 career games, tying Wally Berger in 1930 and Gary Sanchez in 2016. His second homer puts him all alone.

·He is only the fourth player age 21 or younger to hit 20 home runs before the all-star break, along with Eddie Mathews (27 in 1953), Albert Pujols (21 in 2001), and Miguel Cabrera (20 in 2004).

·His fifth multi-homer game (with three in his last nine games) ties Mike Piazza in 1993 for the most ever by a Dodgers rookie. Only one rookie in MLB history had more: Mark McGwire, with seven in 1987.


I have no effing clue who this guy is.


His dad is former Yankee Clay Bellinger.


I have no effing clue who that guy is.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Jun 2017, 11:53

Briandong79 wrote:
Cody Bellinger, called up when he was only because of injuries on the Dodgers’ big-league roster, gave the rest of the league a three-week head start. He’s caught up. With his 20th and 21st home runs in last night’s 10-6 win over the Mets, Bellinger now leads the NL in home runs, and is just two behind the Yankees’ Aaron Judge.

·Bellinger is the fastest ever to 21 home runs to start an MLB career. His first homer was his 20th in 51 career games, tying Wally Berger in 1930 and Gary Sanchez in 2016. His second homer puts him all alone.

·He is only the fourth player age 21 or younger to hit 20 home runs before the all-star break, along with Eddie Mathews (27 in 1953), Albert Pujols (21 in 2001), and Miguel Cabrera (20 in 2004).

·His fifth multi-homer game (with three in his last nine games) ties Mike Piazza in 1993 for the most ever by a Dodgers rookie. Only one rookie in MLB history had more: Mark McGwire, with seven in 1987.


I have no effing clue who this guy is.


His dad is former Yankee Clay Bellinger.


Fun facts, with Dong!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:34

The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby mj3528 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:36

Briandong79 wrote:
The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.


The best stretch I ever remember is the '84 Tigers going 35-5 to start the season.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Aug 2017, 09:38

Briandong79 wrote:
The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.

2 of those losses were home losses to the barves \:D/ \:D/

...who then proceeded to get swept in a 4 game series versus the philz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2017, 09:44

Briandong79 wrote:
The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.


That's... (goes to start button to pull up calculator because stopped trying to do math in head once they brought in letters I mean what the fuck letters are for English not for math you goddamn jackholes what were we talking about)...an 86.9 winning percentage. And they just added Darvish. Motherfuckers.

I really hope we don't get gyped outta an Astros/Dodgers series.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Aug 2017, 09:48

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.

2 of those losses were home losses to the barves \:D/ \:D/

...who then proceeded to get swept in a 4 game series versus the philz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


#TrustTheProcess
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby mj3528 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:49

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
The Dodgers are 40-6 since June 7, while every other team has at least 18 losses in that span.


Is that good? That seems good.


That's... (goes to start button to pull up calculator because stopped trying to do math in head once they brought in letters I mean what the fuck letters are for English not for math you goddamn jackholes what were we talking about)...an 86.9 winning percentage. And they just added Darvish. Motherfuckers.

I really hope we don't get gyped outta an Astros/Dodgers series.


Astros are not making it to the World Series.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:50

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I really hope we don't get gyped outta an Astros/Dodgers series.


I do, for obvious reasons, but I think the Dodgers will be the team I pull for after the Cubs are out.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Welcome to Mos Eisley: the Dodgers Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Aug 2017, 09:51

Briandong79 wrote:
I do, for obvious reasons, but I think the Dodgers will be the team I pull for after the Cubs are out.


Theo and JoeMad will get our boys together. Doyers are soft, mang.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest