The Texas Rangers thread

The Texas Rangers thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 17 Mar 2010, 21:04

There are usually three places I don't read on SOTSG: the MLB forums, the hockey forum, and the wrestling thread. Well I'm scratching the MLB forums off that list because I'm taking up the Ragners, breaking all my own rules for being a bandwagon fan. They're local to me and I might just get my ass kicked by the locals if I continue to hate all of their other sports teams. So I'm starting my own thread for my new team. Plus any team whose manager tests positive for cocaine deserves its own thread. Anyone have any predictions of what I can expect this season as a newly birthed Rangers fan?
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby someguysomewhere » 17 Mar 2010, 21:24

IhateTomBrady wrote:There are usually three places I don't read on SOTSG: the MLB forums, the hockey forum, and the wrestling thread. Well I'm scratching the MLB forums off that list because I'm taking up the Ragners, breaking all my own rules for being a bandwagon fan. They're local to me and I might just get my ass kicked by the locals if I continue to hate all of their other sports teams. So I'm starting my own thread for my new team. Plus any team whose manager tests positive for cocaine deserves its own thread. Anyone have any predictions of what I can expect this season as a newly birthed Rangers fan?


Futility?
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Theny » 17 Mar 2010, 21:30

Does anyone else find it odd that managers get drug tested? Imagine Bobby cox testing positive for weed or something, that would be hilarious.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30219
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Prez » 17 Mar 2010, 21:37

Theny wrote:Does anyone else find it odd that managers get drug tested? Imagine Bobby cox testing positive for weed or something, that would be hilarious.


Something makes Mazzone rock back and forth like that...has to be drugs, right?
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9930
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 17 Mar 2010, 21:40

someguysomewhere wrote:
IhateTomBrady wrote:There are usually three places I don't read on SOTSG: the MLB forums, the hockey forum, and the wrestling thread. Well I'm scratching the MLB forums off that list because I'm taking up the Ragners, breaking all my own rules for being a bandwagon fan. They're local to me and I might just get my ass kicked by the locals if I continue to hate all of their other sports teams. So I'm starting my own thread for my new team. Plus any team whose manager tests positive for cocaine deserves its own thread. Anyone have any predictions of what I can expect this season as a newly birthed Rangers fan?


Futility?


Well, I'm used to that too with some of my teams.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Theny » 17 Mar 2010, 21:46

Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:Does anyone else find it odd that managers get drug tested? Imagine Bobby cox testing positive for weed or something, that would be hilarious.


Something makes Mazzone rock back and forth like that...has to be drugs, right?


haha nice. Does Mazzone even have a job anymore? Great move going to the O's dumbass. Never get into business w friends.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30219
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Mar 2010, 07:59

someguysomewhere wrote:
IhateTomBrady wrote:There are usually three places I don't read on SOTSG: the MLB forums, the hockey forum, and the wrestling thread. Well I'm scratching the MLB forums off that list because I'm taking up the Ragners, breaking all my own rules for being a bandwagon fan. They're local to me and I might just get my ass kicked by the locals if I continue to hate all of their other sports teams. So I'm starting my own thread for my new team. Plus any team whose manager tests positive for cocaine deserves its own thread. Anyone have any predictions of what I can expect this season as a newly birthed Rangers fan?


Futility?


Pain
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30192
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Mar 2010, 08:25

I got the Rangers to win the West this year because of a whole year of Neftali Feliz, and the decimation of the Angels, and the Mariners still won't score runs. But it seems Texas has enough pitching finally, and the lineup is always good. A little worried if maybe Hamilton had the one fluke year and has been doing blow with Ron Washington ever since, or if Vlad has anything left, but Young/Kinsler/Cruz are gonna be fine. Borbon is a pesky little shit.

And Feliz ain't right. They'll probably put him in the bullpen, but the sooner they can start him the better.


IhateTomBrady wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:
IhateTomBrady wrote:There are usually three places I don't read on SOTSG: the MLB forums, the hockey forum, and the wrestling thread. Well I'm scratching the MLB forums off that list because I'm taking up the Ragners, breaking all my own rules for being a bandwagon fan. They're local to me and I might just get my ass kicked by the locals if I continue to hate all of their other sports teams. So I'm starting my own thread for my new team. Plus any team whose manager tests positive for cocaine deserves its own thread. Anyone have any predictions of what I can expect this season as a newly birthed Rangers fan?


Futility?


Well, I'm used to that too with some of my teams.



No you're not.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Theny » 18 Mar 2010, 08:32

Yeah I have no idea what ihtb was talking about there. The saints and lsu have had a real rough go of it lately...
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30219
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 18 Mar 2010, 18:35

Theny wrote:Yeah I have no idea what ihtb was talking about there. The saints and lsu have had a real rough go of it lately...


Well, it was a poor wording but until the Drew Brees era, being a Saints fan was an exercise in futility.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 05 Apr 2010, 20:55

It was my first time ever going to an opening day game.....it was a pretty cool experience. I've been to MLB games before there was just a a buzz about opening day that is different. I'd compare it to the buzz of the first weekend of college football. Anyways, very nice win with a comeback in the 9th against Toronto.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Prez » 25 May 2010, 09:30

Apparently the Rangers didn't have room for IHTB on their bandwagon. Rangers declare bankruptcy. Nolan Ryan's group to become majority owners.

Arod might need to eat mac & cheese for a while:

The list of creditors filed with the court includes Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who was traded six years ago and is still owed $24.9 million in deferred compensation.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9930
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 25 May 2010, 19:28

Prez wrote:Apparently the Rangers didn't have room for IHTB on their bandwagon. Rangers declare bankruptcy. Nolan Ryan's group to become majority owners.

Arod might need to eat mac & cheese for a while:

The list of creditors filed with the court includes Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who was traded six years ago and is still owed $24.9 million in deferred compensation.


I've actually been following them this year. I've been to about 5 games so far. I went to the Cubs game on Friday and it was great seeing the Cubs lose.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Bricks » 25 May 2010, 19:31

IhateTomBrady wrote:
Prez wrote:Apparently the Rangers didn't have room for IHTB on their bandwagon. Rangers declare bankruptcy. Nolan Ryan's group to become majority owners.

Arod might need to eat mac & cheese for a while:

The list of creditors filed with the court includes Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who was traded six years ago and is still owed $24.9 million in deferred compensation.


I've actually been following them this year. I've been to about 5 games so far. I went to the Cubs game on Friday and it was great seeing the Cubs lose.


Almost as great as the Cubs winning the series \:D/
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
User avatar
Bricks
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4584
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 22:53
Location: #TeamSheikie

Re: The Texas Rangers thread

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Jul 2010, 01:03

I will now be channeling the long-dead spirit of William Simmons, baseball commentator:
"Seriously, where did Vlad Guerrero's grand slam against the Angles rank on the Eff You Scale? [Irrelevant comparison to another Latin American player] I'd say it's a solid 8.6 right above New England's 2007 season, which was such a great a response to the totally unfounded Spygate allegations. (January of 2008 NEVER HAPPENED. YOU HEAR ME? IT NEVER HAPPENED!).
Side note: Doesn't Vlad look like he could be a character on the Wire?"
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Next

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest