The New York Yankees

Re: The New York Yankees

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Apr 2016, 07:26

Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I don't either. But I know a shit ton of people who watched it like 15-20 years ago when Bret Hart was a star.

you need to start associating with a better class of people

:cry:
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 10 Apr 2016, 08:11

I'm not sure that watching wrestling as a teenager and then growing out of it makes one a bad class of person.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Theny » 10 Apr 2016, 08:28

TheWolf wrote:I'm not sure that watching wrestling as a teenager and then growing out of it makes one a bad class of person.

Not as bad as NEVER growing out of it but close
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 May 2016, 09:25

new york area sonz,

thursday july 21. orioles at yankees in some red hot getaway day 1.05pm action. uncle rodney may be able to appear. any interest?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby bosux » 25 May 2016, 06:10

6 straight, out of the basement and feeling frisky!

related: had to bail on going to see arod in trenton last night because my wipe is sick

/bitchs
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Colonel Angus » 17 Jun 2016, 10:38

I went to ESPN.com just now to check out the Sawx's schedule to see if they will be in town when we are in Beantown later this summer (#HB) and I noticed that at the top of their MLB page there is a link titled "'27 Yankees". I figured it must be some kind of "Heat Check"-like tracker comparing the 2016 Cubs to that team, but I clicked on it and it takes you here: The Diary of Myles Thomas

There is a post on that page explaining it: Introducing the Diary of Myles Thomas

It is a tale told by a bit player on the ’27 Yankees — pitcher Myles Thomas. In true life, Thomas was an insignificant member of the team, and for the purposes of this work the creators are using only his baseball statistics. They are creating his diary and letters, through which Thomas will introduce us not only to his teammates but also to luminaries of the day who cavorted with the ballplayers, from Louis Armstrong and Bix Beiderbecke to Barbara Stanwyck and Al Jolson. Lesser lights may play major roles: Myles’s Penn State teammate Hinkey Haines, still the only man to play for a championship team in the NFL and in MLB; Fred Merkle of “bonehead” fame, a coach with the ’27 Yanks; Gertrude Ederle, who swam the English Channel that year; Paul Robeson, who was once Lou Gehrig’s baseball coach; Ty Cobb, John McGraw and Rube Foster. Truly, the cast would do justice to a Sol Hurok gladiator epic.

But first and last, in 1927 and perhaps in all of American legend, is Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat, the Beatified Bambino, the Paul Bunyan of Baseball. Had he not lived, we would have had to make him up. The embodiment of the Jazz Age, “he was a parade all by himself,” wrote Jimmy Cannon, “a burst of dazzle and jingle. Santa Claus drinking his whiskey straight and groaning with a bellyache caused by gluttony…. Babe Ruth made the music that his joyous years danced to in a continuous party….” In the summer of ’27 Charles Lindbergh would briefly eclipse Babe Ruth as the one-man parade and darling of the newsreels, but by season’s end Ruth had retaken his pedestal.

Might be interesting reading for Jike and others. The part about Fred Merkle will probably interest BSMB. /bonerjoke
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jul 2016, 23:12

Seems like the Yanks are getting hot...while selling. Impressive if you can pull it off.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby bosux » 27 Jul 2016, 19:04

JichaelDick wrote:Seems like the Yanks are getting hot...while selling. Impressive if you can pull it off.

truly inconvenient timing for a run

#teamsell
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 02 Aug 2016, 15:21

bosux wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Seems like the Yanks are getting hot...while selling. Impressive if you can pull it off.

#teamsell

it seems like yankees fans are more excited about having a top farm system now than they used to get when they made the playoffs every year. what a fall from grace. bo: your thoughts...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Aug 2016, 17:14

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
bosux wrote:

#teamsell

it seems like yankees fans are more excited about having a top farm system now than they used to get when they made the playoffs every year. what a fall from grace. bo: your thoughts...

Yankee fans finally realize this team wont do shit so the potential is exciting. Also they see the Mets guys and assume that they will have the same success.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Aug 2016, 21:24

TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
bosux wrote:

#teamsell

Yankee fans finally realize this team wont do shit so the potential is exciting. Also they see the Mets guys and assume that they will have the same success.

The Yanks did have an incredible run with that homegrown group of Jeter/Posada/Bernie/etc. It's rare to catch lightning in a bottle like that, but I could see why the fans would like to try that again.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Aug 2016, 21:52

Frank the Tank wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
bosux wrote:

#teamsell

The Yanks did have an incredible run with that homegrown group of Jeter/Posada/Bernie/etc. It's rare to catch lightning in a bottle like that, but I could see why the fans would like to try that again.

Yeah they're a real organic rags to riches success story.

:)
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 22:12

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
bosux wrote:

#teamsell

Always nice to see things work out for the little guy.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 22:19

Was talking with my Brewers friend tonight, and maybe Yankees fans don't get this but the one thing a shitty team can cling to is a top 5 farm system. It's the gold at the end of the rainbow. You can deal with a 100 loss season after another 100 loss season as long as you say "But wait until Falalah McFuckCheese comes up!"

Though you have to have at least 3 arms on that path. Haven't paid attention that much to the trades but I'm not sure the Yanks have that yet. For all the pomp and circumstance thrown the Twins way the past couple years, they have not had any arms. Except Alex Meyer who *fartnoise* And Barrios who WOLF TELL THAT MOTHERFUCKER TO TRADE HIM TO ME NOW BECAUSE I AM COMPLETELY RATIONAL ABOUT HIS POTENTIAL. ahem. But yeah, gotta have arms in the farm system to actually hold out that hope.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 02 Aug 2016, 23:52

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
bosux wrote:

#teamsell

What's not organic about your dirtbag owner being suspended for hiring convicts to fuck with his players, thereby allowing front office to build up your farm system without pressure to win now? Scarcely a world champion in decades has built their team any other way.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to MLB