The New York Yankees

The New York Yankees

Postby bosux » 29 Oct 2007, 16:18

thinking that a team thread that wasn't created by Yankee haters might be a good idea, and since I'd rather not post in the "Yankees Suck Diseased Goat Jizm" thread when having serious or even semi-serious discussion about the team...

just like we have "things I hate about the red sox and their douchebag fans" thread, they can have their Yankee hatred thread in the JAT category...

onward and upward...

1. this team isn't going anywhere until they shit-can suzyn waldman...there...i said it

2. i'm giddy about the Yankees and A-Rod upstaging the lamest world series ever

2a. i'm pleased with the decision to hire girardi...i'm a huge mattingly fan, but i think this was a good call

3. i'm still not sure what to think about the brothers stein...time will tell i guess

4. a-rod, we hardly knew ye
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TVF wannabe » 29 Oct 2007, 16:45

I'm surprised he got it not shocked though.
They really are saying every thing they can to say they're not bringing him back.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Oct 2007, 17:11

Do Yankee fans have any concerns that Girardi is a bad fit for a team full of veterans? He clearly rubbed people the wrong way in Florida, and he was taking a team full of kids. I think he's an outstanding manager, but are there concerns that he's a wrong fit here? I can certainly see them going with an anti-Torre type, but I'm not sure about Joe.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby nova » 29 Oct 2007, 19:17

Briandean79 wrote:Do Yankee fans have any concerns that Girardi is a bad fit for a team full of veterans? He clearly rubbed people the wrong way in Florida, and he was taking a team full of kids. I think he's an outstanding manager, but are there concerns that he's a wrong fit here? I can certainly see them going with an anti-Torre type, but I'm not sure about Joe.

If I remember correctly, Girardi's beef in Miami was with the asshole owner, and it came to a peak when Girardi told Luria to shut up during a game.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dick Hertz » 29 Oct 2007, 19:30

A-Rod was due $72 million over the next 3 years, and the Yanks reportedly were thinking about extending him for 5 years at (up to) $30 million - for a total of 8 years and $222 million. That's a lot of scratch sons.

I don't think he gets that much money from some other team - I think he just wanted out of NY.

I like the offer to Girardi - I think he will do better than Mattingly. On some other website a Yank fan said that he'd have a really hard time booing Mattingly if he sucked.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby nova » 29 Oct 2007, 20:03

Major League Baseball is so fucking full of themselves. I understand that the World Series matters and shit, but fuck. Did anybody really think the ARod thing was overshadowing the game?
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Oct 2007, 06:35

nasty nova wrote:Major League Baseball is so fucking full of themselves. I understand that the World Series matters and shit, but fuck. Did anybody really think the ARod thing was overshadowing the game?

Given that the Fox announcers spent the entire 8th inning of Game 4 talking about it, yes.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Theny » 30 Oct 2007, 07:31

Haha, first you had Fallon and Barrymore ruin the clincher, now ARod.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Oct 2007, 07:42

Theny wrote:Haha, first you had Fallon and Barrymore ruin the clincher, now ARod.

Oh I'm not using the word "ruin" by any stretch. Officially it was simply an "ill-timed display of ass-hattery".

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Theny » 30 Oct 2007, 07:44

Frank the Tank wrote:
Theny wrote:Haha, first you had Fallon and Barrymore ruin the clincher, now ARod.

Oh I'm not using the word "ruin" by any stretch. Officially it was simply an "ill-timed display of ass-hattery".

It was, though for some reason I'm having a hard time getting too angry about it. :D

The really douchey thing was Boras saying things like "ARod didn't know if HIS catcher and HIS closer and HIS pitcher were gonna be back." He doesn't own the team, ass.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 30 Oct 2007, 08:14

I really like the Giradi hire for them. If he was able to get 78 wins out of a Marlins team that started Josh Willingham, Joe Borchard, Miguel Olivo and Reggie Abercrombie on a regular basis, imagine what he can do with this team, not to mention all the young talent coming in, to which the big plus on him in Florida was that he was able to get the most out of the young talent.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 30 Oct 2007, 08:19

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:I really like the Giradi hire for them. If he was able to get 78 wins out of a Marlins team that started Josh Willingham, Joe Borchard, Miguel Olivo and Reggie Abercrombie on a regular basis, imagine what he can do with this team, not to mention all the young talent coming in, to which the big plus on him in Florida was that he was able to get the most out of the young talent.

Josh Willingham's nickname is the Hammer. Seriously. I will never understand that one...
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Prez » 30 Oct 2007, 08:23

Theny wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:I really like the Giradi hire for them. If he was able to get 78 wins out of a Marlins team that started Josh Willingham, Joe Borchard, Miguel Olivo and Reggie Abercrombie on a regular basis, imagine what he can do with this team, not to mention all the young talent coming in, to which the big plus on him in Florida was that he was able to get the most out of the young talent.

Josh Willingham's nickname is the Hammer. Seriously. I will never understand that one...

Yeah, tough one to figure out. :lol:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Theny » 30 Oct 2007, 08:25

Like I said, I will never figure that one out. :D

Also, I'd think you'd still have to earn that nickname, and Willingham kind of sucks.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Oct 2007, 09:33

I think Girardi is a good hire as well. If you're going to hire Mattingly you should just keep Torre. After going out of your way to make it look like you want Torre but then not negotiating I think it was clear that Girardi was the likely choice.

Rumor has it Mattingly will follow Torre to the Dodgers and take the bench coach job there. I admire loyalty as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure it's in Mattingly's best interest to keep following Torre. That's not a knock on Torre at all, rather it's just smart career advice to eventually show you can do it yourself. You can't be a professional trainee forever. It's like Commander Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Go get your own starship you fucking loser.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to MLB