40% of the time it works, every time: The M's

40% of the time it works, every time: The M's

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 Jun 2007, 12:52

It's about time. As a Mariners fan since 1982 that actually kind of misses the glorious ridiculousness that was the Kingdome (honestly, a concrete roof? Who thought that was a good idea?) I guess I'll do the honours.

Don't look now, but the M's are only 1 game out of the Wild Card, and 3 games out in the AL West. 5 wins in a row, all on their last turn at bat. Despite the continued utter sucktitude of Richie Sexson, and some highly suspect starting pitching it looks like there might actually be a reason to pay attention in Seattle for the 1st time in a few years.
Last edited by someguysomewhere on 17 May 2011, 11:26, edited 4 times in total.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Scoring Machine » 13 Jun 2007, 12:58

Normally I'd have hope....

But given the lack of an ability to make a team altering trade over the past what? decade? leads me to believe that it's not going to happen.

The tail end of the rotation is a junk yard.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 13 Jun 2007, 13:11

They have some good young players (King Felix, Lopez, Betancourt and Morrow), but their age (Vidro, Ibanez, Sexson, Batista) will catch up with them sooner rather than later this season.

They'd be wise to do what the Cardinals did last year and have Jered fill in for Jeff when he can.

What happened to Jeremy Reed tho? They were really big on him two years ago and he's just fallen off the face of the earth.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby kaskomm09 » 13 Jun 2007, 13:44

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:What happened to Jeremy Reed tho? They were really big on him two years ago and he's just fallen off the face of the earth.

Thank the fucking lord Jeremy Reed turned into a shithead.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Scoring Machine » 13 Jun 2007, 15:54

kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:What happened to Jeremy Reed tho? They were really big on him two years ago and he's just fallen off the face of the earth.

Thank the fucking lord Jeremy Reed turned into a shithead.

Jeremy Reed has ZERO power and plays a mediocre CF at best. He just looks like he's trying out there because he HAS to dive for a lot of balls. He's at AAA hitting in the high two hundreds.

The offense to date has covered for the recockulously bad starting pitching.

King Felix is inconsistent at best. Washburn is a #3 at best for most teams, and then there's 'the rest', a bunch of washed ups, never were's and kids. How the hell did Batista get a three year deal? My god look at his career numbers, his era was well over 4 in the NL last year!! And they give him THREE years? And giving Weaver 8 million dollars this year? You mean to tell me there's not someone at AAA that can have an ERA under 10? That's something that Weaver can't do.

On the bright side the Bullpen has been fantastic. Putz is as good as anyone in the AL.

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Snake » 13 Jun 2007, 19:36

Eh, Seattle and Anaheim are going to have to run out a 10 game lead on the Athletics or the A's will real them in come August like they always do. Enjoy being relevant though :D, by the way how bad does Seattle wanna keep Ichiro?
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 13 Jun 2007, 22:24

Scoring Machine wrote:
On the bright side the Bullpen has been fantastic. Putz is as good as anyone in the AL.

Morrow's gonna either be a lights-out setup man for the M's or a great closer somewhere else.
Last edited by Tremendous_sidePotential on 14 Jun 2007, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Scoring Machine » 14 Jun 2007, 14:16

Snake wrote:Eh, Seattle and Anaheim are going to have to run out a 10 game lead on the Athletics or the A's will real them in come August like they always do. Enjoy being relevant though :D, by the way how bad does Seattle wanna keep Ichiro?

They want to keep him pretty bad, it'll come down to what he wants to do. Be the star of a meh team or go to the Sux and take coco's job. Seattle will fall apart LONG before August.

If the team bus hit Weaver in an 'accident' that wouldn't be soo bad.

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby someguysomewhere » 18 Jun 2007, 19:03

Um, uh, nevermind. Can we just forget this thread ever happened?
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Scoring Machine » 26 Jun 2007, 15:03

someguysomewhere wrote:Um, uh, nevermind. Can we just forget this thread ever happened?

No, we can't, and least I hope not, I personally enjoy having a place to rant about how cock the team I follow is.

Seattle's NOT winning the west, but who knows about the wild card if the Indians fade a little, it's fairly wide open if they do.

The over/under for dingers allowed by King Felix tonight is 1.5

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Fletch » 26 Jun 2007, 15:07

Scoring Machine wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:Um, uh, nevermind. Can we just forget this thread ever happened?

No, we can't, and least I hope not, I personally enjoy having a place to rant about how cock the team I follow is.

Seattle's NOT winning the west, but who knows about the wild card if the Indians fade a little, it's fairly wide open if they do.

I'll take the over.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Scoring Machine » 26 Jun 2007, 16:26

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Scoring Machine wrote:

I'll take the over.

Given his last few starts and love for trying to throw his fastball by people, that is indeed a safe bet.

And on a side note that ceremony for Grumpy Friday night before the game was WAY too funny. Like a three minute standing O from the fans, some old white people talking from the club about Grumpy, Grumpy trying to maintain composure, then the Mariners trotting out Buhner and Edgar Martinez for more speeches and a REALLY homersexual and long lasting hug between Buhner and Grumpy, the whole thing was too much for words.

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 01 Jul 2007, 15:43

Hargrove up and leaves

On the day Weaver starts.....prompting the joke, that, yes, Weaver is THAT bad.

Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Jul 2007, 16:24

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Hargrove up and leaves

On the day Weaver starts.....prompting the joke, that, yes, Weaver is THAT bad.

You'd think he'd get bored in a year when he wasn't successful. Jeez.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Jul 2007, 17:58

my inner angry fan is pissed that some cuntmonkey manager in MLB has "lost his passion" so he's going to quit. What? You have one of the only jobs in the universe that might actually be fun on a regular basis. suck it up fatty.

my inner pragmatic fan says everybody gets tired of every job, and this is just ultimate proof. well, this and david hasselhoff leaving the set of "america's got talent" twice an episode because he's fed up. tough life being a star search judge, nearly killed ed mcmahon.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to MLB