Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Postby Goose » 05 Jun 2017, 14:40

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:miami in 7th is surprising

This is our sixth season indoors already.

I guess the Rays keep the thermostat at an even 72 degrees F.

But Miami seems kind of low. Even with 6 seasons with the thermostat 72 degrees F, that means 78.1 degrees F for the other 14 seasons, which still puts them cooler than St. Louis.

The only answer I can come up with is that maybe the Cards game time temps take into account the fires during race riots in East St. Louis.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 05 Jun 2017, 14:46

Goose wrote:
Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:miami in 7th is surprising

This is our sixth season indoors already.

I guess the Rays keep the thermostat at an even 72 degrees F.

But Miami seems kind of low. Even with 6 seasons with the thermostat 72 degrees F, that means 78.1 degrees F for the other 14 seasons, which still puts them cooler than St. Louis.

The only answer I can come up with is that maybe the Cards game time temps take into account the fires during race riots in East St. Louis.

I've been to a Braves game in the middle of August that was cooler than a late June game in St. Louis.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Theny » 05 Jun 2017, 15:14

A lot of times in the summer these games are right after afternoon thunderstorms.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JT99 » 07 Jul 2017, 08:47

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2017, 08:35

The home run derby was awesome. that mendoza lady was terrible. i found myself wondering if i'd rather have berman there. i looked on the interwebs (never look on the interwebs), and there was a big pissing match about how it was misogynistic to dislike her call.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ctz31 » 11 Jul 2017, 08:37

I didn't peruse this but i've seen a lot of "missing berman" scuttlebutt out there. You never truly miss the greats until they are gone.

ETA: i don't think that made sense. of course you don't miss them before they are gone. You don't understand their TRUE greatness until they are gone is what i should have said. SONNED.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 11 Jul 2017, 08:40

That derby was indeed awesome. I had fun watching it. I guess Mendoza sucks. Whatever. Like every other announcer, she's just kinda there.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2017, 08:42

TheWolf wrote:That derby was indeed awesome. I had fun watching it. I guess Mendoza sucks. Whatever. Like every other announcer, she's just kinda there.

she was chit-chatting over the 515 foot hr Judge hit. stop it! Look at that thing go! Everyone should have just been like Texiera and said "whoa." That is all that i require. "Whoa" and then a distance confirmation.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Jul 2017, 08:53

She was brutal. Just a fan girl trying too hard.

I noticed that Ravech went with a slightly peppered wig last night. Smart. Looks real natural.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 11 Jul 2017, 08:53

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:That derby was indeed awesome. I had fun watching it. I guess Mendoza sucks. Whatever. Like every other announcer, she's just kinda there.

she was chit-chatting over the 515 foot hr Judge hit. stop it! Look at that thing go! Everyone should have just been like Texiera and said "whoa." That is all that i require. "Whoa" and then a distance confirmation.

Mendoza is a terrible analyst. She sounds like an earnest 6th grader giving a book report.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2017, 08:55

also, a real misfire by whoever set up the derby to let Judge hit 2nd.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 11 Jul 2017, 08:59

SouthernYokel wrote:also, a real misfire by whoever set up the derby to let Judge hit 2nd.

Yeah, it would have been fun to see him use the full 4 minutes every round. I assume the higher seed hits 2nd. I feel like the higher seed should get to choose 1st or 2nd though.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2017, 09:01

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:also, a real misfire by whoever set up the derby to let Judge hit 2nd.

Yeah, it would have been fun to see him use the full 4 minutes every round. I assume the higher seed hits 2nd. I feel like the higher seed should get to choose 1st or 2nd though.

everyone knew the fat guy from minnesota was going to be wore out by the final round. Simmons' idea on the twitterbox last night wasn't terrible, that they could give a bonus per HR after you've clinched to try to entice the winner to keep hitting through their allotted time.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby bosux » 11 Jul 2017, 09:20

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

everyone knew the fat guy from minnesota was going to be wore out by the final round. Simmons' idea on the twitterbox last night wasn't terrible, that they could give a bonus per HR after you've clinched to try to entice the winner to keep hitting through their allotted time.

he's a freak...here's one of him homering off the roof in BP

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Jul 2017, 09:22

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

everyone knew the fat guy from minnesota was going to be wore out by the final round.

what did I do??

That giant goofy Judge might make it.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to MLB