Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 17 Apr 2017, 13:02

Prez wrote:I just noticed that MLB pitchers can intentionally walk batters without throwing a pitch now, like LL and high school. This is terrible at the pro level, a lot can happen during an intentional walk (wild pitch, passed ball, pitch thrown in the strike zone by accident etc.)

co-sign, almost as awful as getting rid of fake to 3rd throw to 1st :evil: :evil: :evil:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JT99 » 17 Apr 2017, 13:14

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Prez wrote:I just noticed that MLB pitchers can intentionally walk batters without throwing a pitch now, like LL and high school. This is terrible at the pro level, a lot can happen during an intentional walk (wild pitch, passed ball, pitch thrown in the strike zone by accident etc.)

co-sign, almost as awful as getting rid of fake to 3rd throw to 1st :evil: :evil: :evil:

Which announcer always screamed "Balk" on that? Joe Morgan?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 17 Apr 2017, 13:25

JT99 wrote:

Which announcer always screamed "Balk" on that? Joe Morgan?

I think so....? Sounds like something he'd do.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Apr 2017, 13:30

i seent Sam Dyson get the auto intentional walk during his blown save yesterday. he did not need any additional bad luck to fuck that shit up. poor guy has like a 30 ERA now after a few disastrous appearances. go gamecocks :cry:
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Apr 2017, 13:46

I like it. While I agree occasionally something will happen that makes Not The Top 10, anything that helps speed up the game is welcome. Granted this is minor compared to other things that slow the game down, but I'll take it.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Prez » 17 Apr 2017, 17:37

Frank the Tank wrote:

I like it. While I agree occasionally something will happen that makes Not The Top 10, anything that helps speed up the game is welcome. Granted this is minor compared to other things that slow the game down, but I'll take it.

While I agree that anything speeding up the game is good, intentional walks are like 39th on the list of things that make the game too slow.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby JichaelDick » 17 Apr 2017, 18:04

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 18 Apr 2017, 08:43

How often does something actually happen on an attempted intentional walk? I think I've seen it like twice in my life. This rule is fine.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby bosux » 18 Apr 2017, 08:47

i don't like it...it saves 30 seconds per game, maybe?

not only can something happen when issuing the walk, it often seems to throw a pitcher out of wack...i have nothing to back this up, but i feel like innings almost literally always fall apart after intentional walks
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Apr 2017, 08:48

bosux wrote:i don't like it...it saves 30 seconds per game, maybe?

not only can something happen when issuing the walk, it often seems to throw a pitcher out of wack...i have nothing to back this up, but i feel like innings almost literally always fall apart after intentional walks

It's kind of like cutting PBS funding. Sure, it saves a tiny bit of money but it's barely a blip in the radar in the overall problem. I don't have a problem with the rule necessarily, but it's not going to fix anything so what's the point?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Prez » 18 Apr 2017, 08:49

bosux wrote:i don't like it...it saves 30 seconds per game, maybe?

THIS. I totally understand it at the lower levels of baseball but these are professional players, make them throw the pitches.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Apr 2017, 08:50

PITCH CLOCK. How long does one need to readjust his dick and spit a couple times? no more than 30 seconds right? move it along brother.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 18 Apr 2017, 08:52

I do agree that it's not really saving any significant time. Kind of a pointless change, but it feels like a "whatever" to me. I'm still fine with it. At the very least, I like that they're at least giving the impression that they care about doing something to make the games shorter.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Prez » 18 Apr 2017, 08:54

SouthernYokel wrote:PITCH CLOCK. How long does one need to readjust his dick and spit a couple times? no more than 30 seconds right? move it along brother.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.... with the caveat that the batter needs a clock too. How long does it take to get a sign, tighten your batting gloves, adjust your nutty buddy, get some pine tar etc etc etc. Pitcher violation: BALL. Batter violation: STRIKE. problem solved.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Apr 2017, 08:54

Prez wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:PITCH CLOCK. How long does one need to readjust his dick and spit a couple times? no more than 30 seconds right? move it along brother.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.... with the caveat that the batter needs a clock too. How long does it take to get a sign, tighten your batting gloves, adjust your nutty buddy, get some pine tar etc etc etc. Pitcher violation: BALL. Batter violation: STRIKE. problem solved.

yeah exactly. i'm not sure why they haven't done this in the minors already.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to MLB