Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Postby Colonel Angus » 31 Oct 2016, 13:21

ETA: No idea why only half of it is showing up. The link to the image is here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwHUoiSWIAAakD6.jpg:large
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2016, 13:27

mariah carey's is super generous. it belongs below the bottom of the image.

50 cent breathes a sigh of relief
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Dec 2016, 08:10

Here's a fun read on the new CBA in major league baseball.

The move from 15 day DL down to 10 is an under the radar move that will make Bucchholz' annual visits much shorter and sweeter.

There's some stuff about the international free agents that is very interesting, but you guys can read about that and comment yourself.

The A’s, who play in the league’s fourth-biggest market, will see their cut of revenue-sharing money reduced and ultimately eliminated in 2020, by which time they’ll have found a new stadium, been sold, or started running a payroll that makes the Marlins look like the Yankees.

Put up or shut up time, Billy Boy!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Dec 2016, 09:32

Gregs Kite wrote:Here's a fun read on the new CBA in major league baseball.

The move from 15 day DL down to 10 is an under the radar move that will make Bucchholz' annual visits much shorter and sweeter.

There's some stuff about the international free agents that is very interesting, but you guys can read about that and comment yourself.

The A’s, who play in the league’s fourth-biggest market, will see their cut of revenue-sharing money reduced and ultimately eliminated in 2020, by which time they’ll have found a new stadium, been sold, or started running a payroll that makes the Marlins look like the Yankees.

I had seen the stuff regarding the A's and agree it's the correct move. Of course, their stadium is a shithole so they don't have the revenue that similar markets do. I imagine they'll move in the next 4-5 years.

The international stuff is really odd. A hard cap? When baseball doesn't have a hard cap on anything else except John Olerud? That's odd. I assume you'll still be able to go past it and get penalized, which doesn't really make it a hard cap, but who knows.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Dec 2016, 09:42

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Here's a fun read on the new CBA in major league baseball.

I had seen the stuff regarding the A's and agree it's the correct move. Of course, their stadium is a shithole so they don't have the revenue that similar markets do. I imagine they'll move in the next 4-5 years.

The international stuff is really odd. A hard cap? When baseball doesn't have a hard cap on anything else except John Olerud? That's odd. I assume you'll still be able to go past it and get penalized, which doesn't really make it a hard cap, but who knows.

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 02 Dec 2016, 09:47

The A's money should go to a TRU small-market team: STL.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Feb 2017, 14:28

Took a deep dive on Dykstra after finding out he's a gigolo now. Real piece of work.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 01 Mar 2017, 16:33

Who knew there was a marketing person out there whose sole mission in life was to troll Balls:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones- ... 1792866769

X-post GoT.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Mar 2017, 16:42

Briandong79 wrote:Who knew there was a marketing person out there whose sole mission in life was to troll Balls:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones- ... 1792866769

X-post GoT.

Makes sense. For an extra $4, you can get your soda in a souvenir wooden chalice with your team's logo.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Mar 2017, 08:00

I could watch the dominicans, puerto ricans and venezuelans play each other in the WBC every day. it is an entirely different sport. i don't understand how all of them have cannon arms.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 17 Mar 2017, 23:57

SouthernYokel wrote:I could watch the dominicans, puerto ricans and venezuelans play each other in the WBC every day. it is an entirely different sport. i don't understand how all of them have cannon arms.

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Mar 2017, 08:52

I wonder if the WBC might get a foothold to get off MLB Network the next time around. I know it was all that anyone was talking about around the water cooler here.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Mar 2017, 08:55

Briandong79 wrote:I wonder if the WBC might get a foothold to get off MLB Network the next time around. I know it was all that anyone was talking about around the water cooler here.

i like how Kinsler made a pretty innocuous comment about how bat flinging into the stands makes other players a little unhappy and it made the sportswriting world decide to root against America.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Mar 2017, 08:58

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I wonder if the WBC might get a foothold to get off MLB Network the next time around. I know it was all that anyone was talking about around the water cooler here.

i like how Kinsler made a pretty innocuous comment about how bat flinging into the stands makes other players a little unhappy and it made the sportswriting world decide to root against America.

I initially did too, then I saw the full quote and got a better idea what Kinsler meant. That being said, I still rooted against America because Javy.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Mar 2017, 14:26

Couldn't find a Minor League thread but the Charlotte Knights are becoming the 'Pitmasters' for a game in July. The logo is pretty sweet (and kinda looks like Andy Reid):

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to MLB