Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Re: Random Thoughts: The MLB Edition

Postby Prez » 02 Aug 2016, 19:52

The first 3-3-5 triple play ever recorded:

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 22:11

Prez wrote:The first 3-3-5 triple play ever recorded:

Isn't it just 3-5? Or maybe 3u-5? Impressive nonetheless, but I don't think the first baseman threw it to himself.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 22:15

TheWolf wrote:

Isn't it just 3-5? Or maybe 3u-5? Impressive nonetheless, but I don't think the first baseman threw it to himself.

Concur, that's a 3-5 triple play in the scorecard.

Though there has to have been a 6-(something) triple play at some point in history.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Prez » 02 Aug 2016, 22:32

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Though there has to have been a 6-(something) triple play at some point in history.

I've seen a 6U triple play, probably scored 6-6-6 if it was done by the Yankees :mrgreen:

I' believe there are several ways the above can be scored:

3-3-5
3U-5
TP 3-5
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 22:34

Prez wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I've seen a 6U triple play, probably scored 6-6-6 if it was done by the Yankees :mrgreen:

3-3-5
3U-5
TP 3-5

Disagree (said the douchebag who's grandfather made him keep score at the age of 7 and would wrap him if he got it wrong). That's a 3-5, with 3 outs.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Prez » 02 Aug 2016, 22:42

Prez wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

3-3-5
3U-5
TP 3-5

Disagree (said the douchebag who's grandfather made him keep score at the age of 7 and would wrap him if he got it wrong). That's a 3-5, with 3 outs.

This is one of the more retahded things we've argued about, but sure, I'll play.
I used to score at ball games when I was a kid and was the scorekeeper for several seasons when coaching my sons.
The whole idea behind a score book is to record what happened. How does 3-5 show that a triple play was recorded?
Prez
The MAWG

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 22:46

Fuck it, I started this so I'll play along... How does 3-3-5 show that a triple play was recorded?

The numbers indicate the players who touched the ball. 3 only touched it once. There's no such thing as 3-3.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 22:51

TheWolf wrote:Fuck it, I started this so I'll play along... How does 3-3-5 show that a triple play was recorded?

The numbers indicate the players who touched the ball. 3 only touched it once. There's no such thing as 3-3.

Yup. How does a 6-3 indicate a double play? Shit, I've invalidated the argument to a point BUT I ALSO HAVEN'T.

The scorecard says 3-5.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Aug 2016, 23:20

i think this is a subjective thing so congratulations, you're ALL WINNERS!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 02 Aug 2016, 23:21

Rodney Farva wrote:i think this is a subjective thing so congratulations, you're ALL WINNERS!

Except Prez. Cause he's wrong.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Aug 2016, 23:36

Rodney Farva wrote:i think this is a subjective thing so congratulations, you're ALL WINNERS!

No wonder your mother wants to keep you close to her vest you dumb, dumb motherfucker.

THREE-FIVE.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Aug 2016, 00:20

No wonder your mother wants to keep you close to her vest you dumb, dumb motherfucker.

THREE-FIVE.

i don't think that was necessary
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 03 Aug 2016, 00:23

Overruled.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TVF wannabe » 03 Aug 2016, 15:21

TheWolf wrote:Fuck it, I started this so I'll play along... How does 3-3-5 show that a triple play was recorded?

The numbers indicate how the outs were recorded out 1 was 3, out 2 was 3 and then out 3 was 5, that a 3-3-5.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby ctz31 » 03 Aug 2016, 15:46

TVF wannabe wrote:

The numbers indicate how the outs were recorded out 1 was 3, out 2 was 3 and then out 3 was 5, that a 3-3-5.

ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

PreviousNext

Return to MLB