2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Oct 2016, 13:11

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Most saves in MLB history by a South Korean-born rookie pitcher.


Oh you didn't know? Yo ass better cal somebodyyyyyyyyy
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24699
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Oct 2016, 09:00

With the collapse of the secondary ticket market this year, there is talk amongst the guys of shutting down our season ticket group. The two guys who only have 20 tickets each are against it, the guys with 40 or more tickets each are leaning to next year being our last season.

I have 40 tickets. Only went to 1 game. Sold a bunch of tickets on StubHub, and ate my tickets to 6 games I ended up skipping. Paid $800 for my tickets, got $636.10 back from StubHub.

Next year could be the last year of the #CrotchChop. We've been doing it since the 2006 season. If it is over, it was a good run. It was a lot easier for me to get to games when I lived 4 miles from the stadium as opposed to 23 miles.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby mj3528 » 04 Oct 2016, 09:24

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:With the collapse of the secondary ticket market this year, there is talk amongst the guys of shutting down our season ticket group. The two guys who only have 20 tickets each are against it, the guys with 40 or more tickets each are leaning to next year being our last season.

I have 40 tickets. Only went to 1 game. Sold a bunch of tickets on StubHub, and ate my tickets to 6 games I ended up skipping. Paid $800 for my tickets, got $636.10 back from StubHub.

Next year could be the last year of the #CrotchChop. We've been doing it since the 2006 season. If it is over, it was a good run. It was a lot easier for me to get to games when I lived 4 miles from the stadium as opposed to 23 miles.



The #boilerroom was only 4 miles from The Stadium? That explains a lot.

#BFIB
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby ctz31 » 04 Oct 2016, 10:05

mj3528 wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:With the collapse of the secondary ticket market this year, there is talk amongst the guys of shutting down our season ticket group. The two guys who only have 20 tickets each are against it, the guys with 40 or more tickets each are leaning to next year being our last season.

I have 40 tickets. Only went to 1 game. Sold a bunch of tickets on StubHub, and ate my tickets to 6 games I ended up skipping. Paid $800 for my tickets, got $636.10 back from StubHub.

Next year could be the last year of the #CrotchChop. We've been doing it since the 2006 season. If it is over, it was a good run. It was a lot easier for me to get to games when I lived 4 miles from the stadium as opposed to 23 miles.



The #boilerroom was only 4 miles from The Stadium? That explains a lot.

#BFIB


We are the best fans in baseball. Until we stop making a profit on our season tix. Then we stop purchasing them.
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8412
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Oct 2016, 10:18

23 miles is a really, really long way to go to see your favourite base ball team... when they suck.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20298
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Oct 2016, 10:39

Gregs Kite wrote:23 miles is a really, really long way to go to see your favourite base ball team... when they suck.


especially 40 times a year
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 23893
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Oct 2016, 12:04

As the teams do a better job of capturing the extra revenue that season ticket holders and scalpers used to get, I think season ticket holding is going to go down across most teams in most sports. The Red Sox have been far more aggressive lately in trying to sell me full-season tickets. It used to be a four-year waiting list.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31000
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby bosux » 04 Oct 2016, 12:51

Frank the Tank wrote:As the teams do a better job of capturing the extra revenue that season ticket holders and scalpers used to get, I think season ticket holding is going to go down across most teams in most sports. The Red Sox have been far more aggressive lately in trying to sell me full-season tickets. It used to be a four-year waiting list.


we've been on a year by year basis since last season...i went to 2 games this year, both with my ticket partner, he took 3 pair, tried to sell the rest on stubhub and made maybe $200 towards next years...mets and red sox sold for over face, everything else was less than face or ate them... $600 for 15 games in the bleachers...the ticket price is ok, but getting there, parking, catching a buzz and eating makes it a $50-100 tack onto the ticket price each time...did not schlep either kid to NY...took them to trenton instead so much easier and cheaper and they're both still too young to care
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 16611
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Oct 2016, 13:04

At least they are giving us a weekend Cubs series next year. We didn't have any this past season. Those bring in premium $$$ on the resale market.

But we only have one weekend interleague series and it's against the Rays. The other two series are during the week (Red Sox and Royals).
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby OJ8871440 » 04 Oct 2016, 15:50

I was surprised coming off the WS appearance that Stubhub prices didn't go up much if at all for the regular season for the Mets. I only paid $170 to go to 7 games this year mostly buying through Stubhub. That's compared to 2013 my last year getting a ticket plan with the Mets (held on for the All Star Game code). That yearcost me $480 per seat for 20 games ($24 average); I sold 6 of those games for 11-18 per seat. Just not worth it anymore

The playoff market hasn't dipped though; last year I went to 4 games and sold 3 with a net profit of $660. This year I didn't get a code to get the full strips like last year but I won the lottery for WC. I bought a pair of standing room only tickets from the Mets for $120 and just sold them on Stubhub for $238.50 after the fees. I probably could've gotten more but I didn't want to take a chance especially since a friend came through with a seat for face value $110.
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby chrisco » 04 Oct 2016, 22:20

OJ8871440 wrote:I was surprised coming off the WS appearance that Stubhub prices didn't go up much if at all for the regular season for the Mets. I only paid $170 to go to 7 games this year mostly buying through Stubhub. That's compared to 2013 my last year getting a ticket plan with the Mets (held on for the All Star Game code). That yearcost me $480 per seat for 20 games ($24 average); I sold 6 of those games for 11-18 per seat. Just not worth it anymore

The playoff market hasn't dipped though; last year I went to 4 games and sold 3 with a net profit of $660. This year I didn't get a code to get the full strips like last year but I won the lottery for WC. I bought a pair of standing room only tickets from the Mets for $120 and just sold them on Stubhub for $238.50 after the fees. I probably could've gotten more but I didn't want to take a chance especially since a friend came through with a seat for face value $110.


IIRC, you are lower promenade ( or whatever those 5 rows are called and somewhere behind the plate)?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10849
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby OJ8871440 » 05 Oct 2016, 15:59

chrisco wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:I was surprised coming off the WS appearance that Stubhub prices didn't go up much if at all for the regular season for the Mets. I only paid $170 to go to 7 games this year mostly buying through Stubhub. That's compared to 2013 my last year getting a ticket plan with the Mets (held on for the All Star Game code). That yearcost me $480 per seat for 20 games ($24 average); I sold 6 of those games for 11-18 per seat. Just not worth it anymore

The playoff market hasn't dipped though; last year I went to 4 games and sold 3 with a net profit of $660. This year I didn't get a code to get the full strips like last year but I won the lottery for WC. I bought a pair of standing room only tickets from the Mets for $120 and just sold them on Stubhub for $238.50 after the fees. I probably could've gotten more but I didn't want to take a chance especially since a friend came through with a seat for face value $110.


IIRC, you are lower promenade ( or whatever those 5 rows are called and somewhere behind the plate)?


That's the Promenade Box (400's); had section 519 row 5 from '09-13. Tonight I'll be way out in left in 535

Image
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Oct 2016, 14:06

Ten years ago today.

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07


Re: 2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Dec 2016, 08:44

Signing of Dexter Fowler should improve the club. Get a switch hitting leadoff man who can play good CF defense. Get to move Grichuk to LF which is a big improvement over Holliday/Moss platoon from last year.

Only big drawback is how does Matt Carpenter adjust to no longer batting leadoff? He has never felt comfortable batting anywhere else in the lineup.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

PreviousNext

Return to MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest