2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

2011 Champs: The St. Louis Cardinals

Postby DirtDawg » 28 Feb 2007, 16:04

Since the Redbirds won the WS last year, I wanted to start a new thread, specifically one that doesn't mention St. Louis 'sucking'.

I know a lot of people don't think highly of the Cards chances this year, especially b/c of their pitching situation. But they've got the great equalizer: El Hombre!!
Last edited by DirtDawg on 28 Oct 2011, 22:37, edited 4 times in total.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Re: Redbird Nation: The World Champion St. Louis Cardinals

Postby kaskomm09 » 28 Feb 2007, 16:42

DirtDawg wrote:Since the Redbirds won the WS last year, I wanted to start a new thread, specifically one that doesn't mention St. Louis 'sucking'.

I know a lot of people don't think highly of the Cards chances this year, especially b/c of their pitching situation. But they've got the great equalizer: El Hombre!!

Congrats to the Cards. I will take the 'defending the crown' off my White Sox thread.

Champaign-Urbana made me friends with Cards fans due to the douchiness that was Cub fandom during the 2003 playoff run.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby WhiteSox » 28 Feb 2007, 16:51

kaskomm09 wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:Since the Redbirds won the WS last year, I wanted to start a new thread, specifically one that doesn't mention St. Louis 'sucking'.

Congrats to the Cards. I will take the 'defending the crown' off my White Sox thread.

Champaign-Urbana made me friends with Cards fans due to the douchiness that was Cub fandom during the 2003 playoff run.

Count me in as another Sox fan who also likes the Cards. There seem to be quite a few of us around, brougth together by our hatred of all things Cubs.
WhiteSox
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Feb 2007, 16:53

I'm so glad that Spring Training is here. Adam Wainwright threw three perfect innings against the Cabrera-less (and Uggla-less) Marlins today, only requiring 15 pitches to do so. He had two 3-pitch innings. Rick Ankiel was 2 for 2 with 2 RBI in "The Comeback, part 14".

Go Cards.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby kaskomm09 » 28 Feb 2007, 16:55

Colonel Angus wrote:I'm so glad that Spring Training is here. Adam Wainwright threw three perfect innings against the Cabrera-less (and Uggla-less) Marlins today, only requiring 15 pitches to do so. He had two 3-pitch innings. Rick Ankiel was 2 for 2 with 2 RBI in "The Comeback, part 14".

Go Cards.

They're converting Wainwright to a starter this year? Usually I'd know these things but all I hear on my ESPN about converted closers is Jonathon Papelbon.
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby edogpgc » 28 Feb 2007, 16:57

kaskomm09 wrote:

You guys have major insecurity problems. Every Sox fan / friend I had in '05 was just as happy to stick it to Cubs fans as they were about actually winning the WS. Pathetic. :twisted:
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby WhiteSox » 28 Feb 2007, 17:00

edogpgc wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:

You guys have major insecurity problems. Every Sox fan / friend I had in '05 was just as happy to stick it to Cubs fans as they were about actually winning the WS. Pathetic. :twisted:

I think Kasko will agree that this can't be said for most Sox fans. When the Sox won, it had nothing to do with sticking it to the Cubs.
WhiteSox
Bruce Dickinson

Postby edogpgc » 28 Feb 2007, 17:06

WhiteSox wrote:
edogpgc wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:

I think Kasko will agree that this can't be said for most Sox fans. When the Sox won, it had nothing to do with sticking it to the Cubs.

Meh. Same Champaign-Urbana campus - just what I noticed. To me, in the same situation, it honestly wouldn't even be noteworthy; but I had a ton of people rub it in my face, and I'm not even a "combative" Cubs fan.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Feb 2007, 17:34

kaskomm09 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:I'm so glad that Spring Training is here. Adam Wainwright threw three perfect innings against the Cabrera-less (and Uggla-less) Marlins today, only requiring 15 pitches to do so. He had two 3-pitch innings. Rick Ankiel was 2 for 2 with 2 RBI in "The Comeback, part 14".

Go Cards.

They're converting Wainwright to a starter this year? Usually I'd know these things but all I hear on my ESPN about converted closers is Jonathon Papelbon.

Yes, for now. He was actually a starter all along, but was converted to a closer last year out of necessity. Seems to be working so far.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby kaskomm09 » 28 Feb 2007, 17:57

WhiteSox wrote:
edogpgc wrote:You guys have major insecurity problems. Every Sox fan / friend I had in '05 was just as happy to stick it to Cubs fans as they were about actually winning the WS. Pathetic. :twisted:

While I/we do have the tendancy to want to stick a lot of things to the Cubs, in October 2005 the Cubs were the farthest thing from my mind. I'd say it was the same as the 2003 Cubs in Champaign, as far as the "home" fans. Nobody gives a shit about a team that isn't playing unless it's brought up. The part that pissed me off in '03 were the bandwagoners who knew nothing about the team but wore Cubbie blue and put up the biggest fronts.

My roommate (a Cards fan from Alton, IL) and I used to ask them this gem - "Who was the Cubs opening day CF in 2003?" - which of course anyone who actually follows a team would know (the then-injured Corey Patteron), but most who jumped on post-trade deadline wouldn't (incorrectly guessing Kenny Lofton, if they could even name a player). Worked every time.
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 28 Feb 2007, 18:34

Fuck this thread. That is all.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby kaskomm09 » 28 Feb 2007, 20:00

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Fuck this thread. That is all.

Did Beltran take the bat off his shoulder yet, T_P?
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 28 Feb 2007, 20:47

kaskomm09 wrote:

i bet he K's like crazy in the early part of the year and the playoffs.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Feb 2007, 22:04

kaskomm09 wrote:

Cold-blooded![/RickJames]
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Theny » 01 Mar 2007, 08:17

Colonel Angus wrote:Rick Ankiel was 2 for 2 with 2 RBI in "The Comeback, part 14".

Go Cards.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I met Ankiel? What a douche...
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to MLB