The OFFICIAL AL and NL Awards Thread

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2006, 15:28

sportsdorkhater wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Street Dreams wrote:Wow, just a terrible way to cap off the season, with two bad MVP choices.

2 bad MVPs? dont be gay

for real. at least howard MVP'd the phils to the promised land :lol:

They DID finally get past the Braves though.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MoreCowbell » 21 Nov 2006, 15:29

Street Dreams wrote:Wow, just a terrible way to cap off the season, with two bad MVP choices.

2 bad MVPs? dont be gay

You know what I like? People complaining because Pujols "led his team to the playoffs", when the Phillies won more games than the Cardinals.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2006, 15:30

MoreCowbell wrote:

2 bad MVPs? dont be gay

You know what I like? People complaining because Pujols "led his team to the playoffs", when the Phillies won more games than the Cardinals.

He did more than just lead them to the playoffs though...they won the whole damn thing. I have a feeling that Philly probably would've been swept by the Mets.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MoreCowbell » 21 Nov 2006, 15:32

Theny wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:

2 bad MVPs? dont be gay

He did more than just lead them to the playoffs though...they won the whole damn thing. I have a feeling that Philly probably would've been swept by the Mets.

It's a regular season award there, dumbo
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Nov 2006, 15:33

Theny wrote:
MoreCowbell wrote:

2 bad MVPs? dont be gay

You do realize that it's a regular season award, right?

BTW, I think Pujols was the better all-around player (he's turned himself into a very solid defensive first baseman, and a pretty good baserunner), but Howard's numbers are freaking staggering, especially with the homers and RBI.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2006, 15:35

IT'S A REGULAR SEASON AWARD????

Howard deserved it though.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby sportsdorkhater » 21 Nov 2006, 15:36

howard's #'s are ortiz-like :lol:
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2006, 15:40

sportsdorkhater wrote:howard's #'s are ortiz-like :lol:

Can you imagine Ortiz hitting against AAAA pitching? He'd have like 120 HR's every year. It wouldn't even be fair.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby sportsdorkhater » 21 Nov 2006, 15:42

Theny wrote:
sportsdorkhater wrote:howard's #'s are ortiz-like :lol:

Can you imagine Ortiz hitting against AAAA pitching? He'd have like 120 HR's every year. It wouldn't even be fair.

at least!!!11111
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Nov 2006, 16:57

JichaelDick wrote:BTW, I think Pujols was the better all-around player (he's turned himself into a very solid defensive first baseman, and a pretty good baserunner).....

unless one or the both of them is a significantly bad defensive 1b or baserunner, that's really irrelevant in terms of mvp consideration. i know you weren't saying it quite that way, JD, just my $0.02.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby nova » 21 Nov 2006, 17:15

If it's a "regular season award", how come they wait so long after the World Series to annouce it? Shouldn't voting be done immediately following the regular season?
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Nov 2006, 17:16

In NY they were expecting Jeter to win obviiously. One guy from chitown Joe Cowley voted him 6th and thats why he lost. Mike and the Mad Dog had him on and he said things like Arod is just as clutch Cano is scarier and he forgot about the 5 game series vs. Boston. I didnt hear the Interview byt it sounds like he was a real clueless jackass.

M&MD think Morneau was deserving.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Nov 2006, 17:24

nasty nova wrote:If it's a "regular season award", how come they wait so long after the World Series to annouce it? Shouldn't voting be done immediately following the regular season?

ballots have to be turned in before playoffs start. i'm sure, unlike NBA, they think that announcing winners during playoffs/WS would mean that it somehow detracts from playoffs, or awards won't get enough attention.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Nov 2006, 18:10

Rodney Farva wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:BTW, I think Pujols was the better all-around player (he's turned himself into a very solid defensive first baseman, and a pretty good baserunner).....

unless one or the both of them is a significantly bad defensive 1b or baserunner, that's really irrelevant in terms of mvp consideration. i know you weren't saying it quite that way, JD, just my $0.02.

I think my point is that while Howard did deserve the MVP (as well as Pujols, for what it's worth...outside of homers and RBI for Howard and OPS for Pujols, the two were pretty much equal), Pujols is overall better. Doesn't really make a hill of beans difference. Pujols has a ring, Jeter has 4...
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby NYCowboy » 21 Nov 2006, 21:36

TVF wannabe wrote:In NY they were expecting Jeter to win obviiously. One guy from chitown Joe Cowley voted him 6th and thats why he lost. Mike and the Mad Dog had him on and he said things like Arod is just as clutch Cano is scarier and he forgot about the 5 game series vs. Boston. I didnt hear the Interview byt it sounds like he was a real clueless jackass.

M&MD think Morneau was deserving.

Arod is just as clutch? Is he fucking retarded? This might be the crazy Yankee fan in me talking, but die Joe Cowley, die.
NYCowboy
Hope College Alum

Location: On my way out of the closet as a flaming Romosexual

PreviousNext

Return to MLB